Profile for wanderlust > Reviews

Content by wanderlust

wanderlust "Shona :)" (Stirlingshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
The Best Friend (Sister Series, #3)
The Best Friend (Sister Series, #3)

5.0 out of 5 stars This series.. this book.. Wow., 6 Feb. 2016
I haven't read such a gripping and moving series in years. So far it has been insane with the highs, lows, dramas, craziness! I loved all the books so far but this the best (imo), all were a 4+ however. The stories are too good to give away with spoilers or extra details. Read the series and leave a review! I can't wait to read the rest and more by this author.

Paladin
Paladin

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic four star fantasy, 4 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Paladin (Kindle Edition)
If you have read stories with a similar storyline/synopsis and a worried that this will be a rinse and repeat of those books then do not worry! This book is full of interesting characters, situations and drama. I love how it has romance but it is not a romance story, the romance is a small thread in the story but does not detract for the action or adventure side. I would recommend this book and read more by this author.

Beneath the Layers (The Layers Duology Book 1)
Beneath the Layers (The Layers Duology Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars So many layers., 20 April 2015
(Arc kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review)

It was a quick enjoyable read.
There was a lot going on in book, so many twists and layers to the story.
Quite a few characters in play as well.
As this is the start of a series/trilogy is there is loads of stuff unfinished/just beginning/only partly explained.
It ends with a huge drama and a cliff hanger.
I look forward to reading the next book and seeing what happens!

"Karma was a bitch and it bit you in the ass when you least expected it. It was very unfortunate for those who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Because when karma came storming through, it would take down whoever stood in its way."

WRANGLER Short Sleeve Shaped Western Women's Shirt
WRANGLER Short Sleeve Shaped Western Women's Shirt

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting sizing.., 6 Aug. 2014
I bought the size XL, I only bought it this size because it was so much cheaper I generally wear a M/L in wrangler tops (it depends on the cut, I am a size 12). I thought would be too big for me but it fits at my waist/stomach perfectly - my chest not at all. I wear the shirt with a vest top underneath so I remain covered.

Under Armour Seamless Bra Women's Sports Bras Purple Exo/Exo Size:XL
Under Armour Seamless Bra Women's Sports Bras Purple Exo/Exo Size:XL
Offered by SportsShoes Unlimited

4.0 out of 5 stars This sports bra fits me well and offers good support for low impact sports, 6 Aug. 2014
I am a 34 G, I bought the size XL. This sports bra fits me well and offers good support for low impact sports.

Under Armour Women's Seamless Low-impact Bra, Chaos/Chaos FR: XL (Manufacturer Size: XL)

I am a 34G, I bought the size XL. This sports bra fits me well and offers good support for low impact sports.

Wrangler Molly Olive Extract Slim Women's Jeans
Wrangler Molly Olive Extract Slim Women's Jeans

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite pair of jeans, ever., 6 Aug. 2014
They are a lovely colour, a great texture and fit me so well. I love them so much I am going to buy at least another 2 pairs!

Higher Power® Spanx High Waisted Brief Nude All Sizes (Size C - UK Size 12/14)
Higher Power® Spanx High Waisted Brief Nude All Sizes (Size C - UK Size 12/14)
Offered by SlimmingSolutions

1.0 out of 5 stars Over priced & over hyped., 23 July 2014
I had loads of issues with the spanx, I will list them below. I will however straight away recommend a fantastic product to buy instead - marks & spencer Firm Control Ultimate Shaping high waisted brief (around about £30), buy them, you will not regret it.

I think the main issue is the lack of control that the spanx actually give; wearing them I am maybe an inch or so smaller at my waist but I have bumps in the places I should be smooth - in fact because of a super tight bit of elastic (sits just below my waist & is part of the design) I have new bumps that are unflattering and shouldn't be there. I do not feel controlled/compressed anywhere other than my waist & the tight bit below it. The pant bit of the spanx is not even a bit controlling - in fact it is too big for me. Also I need compression on that area of my stomach (lower abdomen), there is none, they are totally useless. I do not even understand why they have been made as they seem so pointless & poor fitting.
Other issues; The stitching line down the front of the garment shows through all of my clothes.
The band at the top rolls down all the time.
The colour is quite dark and easily shows through my clothes.

I seriously wish I could return them and get my money back but I have worn them so *shrug*
Do not buy them - seriously buy the M&S ones I mentioned.
The length of the control part is really long, I could cover half my breasts as well. I do not have a particularly short torso either

(M) Ladies Sexy Dorothy Costume for Saucy Fancy Dress Womens
(M) Ladies Sexy Dorothy Costume for Saucy Fancy Dress Womens
Offered by It's All Fun & Games

1.0 out of 5 stars Lions, and tigers, and UNDERWEAR! Oh, my!, 30 April 2014
The dress - if you can call it that.. more like a top - is the quality you would expect from the price, so no faults there. The style is cute & the fit (minus length) was good.
The huge issue is that standing wearing it you can easily see my underwear, it doesn't even cover my bum! I showed a friend it on & she could not contain her laughter. Even wearing tights this would be far too exposed for me - not to mention breezy. I am super disappointed & I am going to return it.
I am 5'6" tall.. so maybe if you were shorter it would be more covering? I don't know, I certainly wouldn't recommend it.

Hustler "SLUT" Booty Short (M/L 8-14 (UK))
Hustler "SLUT" Booty Short (M/L 8-14 (UK))

4.0 out of 5 stars love them, 26 Jan. 2014
Just to warn you, i wear a size 10 underwear/panties and i bought the M/L (8/14) version of these but could barely get my butt in them, be warned if you are thinking about buying them.
(posted on the sinner version too)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8