Profile for Mark Gonzales > Reviews

Content by Mark Gonzales

Mark Gonzales

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Official Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - Black (Xbox 360)
Official Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - Black (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Freedom to play, 23 Feb 2014
I bought this for a relative, but have used these for a couple of years. The wireless controller is extremely flexible and has a large range, meaning the Xbox can be long way from where you're sat. The absence of the cable means that you are able to focus entirely on the game controls. As with all wireless components, the batteries can be used up fairly quickly. I always disconnect the battery pack from the controller when I've finished and this maintains good battery life.

In The Name Of The King [DVD]
In The Name Of The King [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jason Statham
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Additon to the Genre, 20 Feb 2014
Given the recent competition from the quality of the Lord of the Rings films, I was expecting a much lower standard of film quality. I found that the film was well made and great fun to watch. This film ticks all the boxes for a great fantasy movie.

The Last Airbender [DVD]
The Last Airbender [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dev Patel

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Conversion to Live Action, 20 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Last Airbender [DVD] (DVD)
I loved the animated series of Avatar the Last Airbender and so I watched this movie with the expectation that it would fail to capture the magic of the original cartoon series (which is superb). I was pleasantly surprised to find the film has been made to meet the ideal of the original series and manifested the magic & emotion perfectly.

This film covers the story from the first series of the original cartoon. I hope that they're able to continue onto the other two series. A great watch.

Daffodil WMS328B Wireless Optical Mouse 2.4GHz - Cordless 5 Button PC Mouse with Scrollwheel and Adjustable Sensitivity (MAX DPI: 1600) - For Laptop / Netbook / Desktop Computers - Supported by: Microsoft Windows (7 / XP / Vista) and Apple MAC (OS X +) - Battery Powered (2xAAA Inc.)
Offered by Daffodil UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent performer, 20 Feb 2014
My first wireless mouse and I can't fault it. It has excellent response and fits nicely in the hand. The two side button for moving through web-pages are a god-send. I'm so happy with it I recommended it to my brother.

Invicta Specialty Men's Quartz Watch with Black Dial Analogue Display and Black Plastic or PU Strap 12848

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special, 20 Feb 2014
I bought this on impulse during a lightning sale as it was reduced by >80% from rrp. It had to be a bargain ! The striking colouring is just a decoration to resemble the bezel of the diver's watch, but doesn't do anything useful. There is no date function, and the rubber strap can be difficult to use at times. No real evidence of a high quality watch. I find that I no longer wear it.

Ultrasport Run 20 Touch - Heart-Rate Monitor With Finger Sensor
Ultrasport Run 20 Touch - Heart-Rate Monitor With Finger Sensor

4.0 out of 5 stars Do you really want to know the answer ?, 20 Feb 2014
An easy way to get information on your heart rate, avoiding the more complicated (and more accurate ?) methods. I found that it only really worked when I'd started to sweat (due to needing to make a connection to wrist & finger), or I needed to wet the surface to get reading out. Also doubles as a digital watch. Given my current poor level of fitness, the results can be a little scary.

Fauré: Requiem/Pelléas et Mélisande
Fauré: Requiem/Pelléas et Mélisande

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Requiem !, 20 Feb 2014
Unlike most requiems, Faure couldn't compromise his musical talent and produced a beautiful combination of orchestral and choral music. As piece of classical, choral music it is a masterpiece, which meets the requirements of a requiem but is filled with wonderfully musical and emotional moments. If you buy one requiem, buy this one. I'd recommend this to any classical music lover.

Dungeons And Dragons - Vol. 2 [DVD]
Dungeons And Dragons - Vol. 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Willie Aames
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Portrayal of D&D, 20 Feb 2014
I had fond memories of this series from when I was at school and so, for a good price, bought this to re-live the adventure. To my surprise and great satisfaction, I found myself enjoying it just as much as an adult. A great set of characters and a wonderful feel good factor.

Escape From New York [DVD]
Escape From New York [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kurt Russell
Offered by TwoRedSevens

5.0 out of 5 stars A well deserved cult classic, 20 Feb 2014
This review is from: Escape From New York [DVD] (DVD)
I hadn't seen this film for many years and couldn't resist buying again f0r the fond memories and the low price. The film had the flavour of the 80s but didn't look particularly dated. It's full of over-the-top characters that interact to generate an engrossing film. Hard to see how anyone couldn't enjoy this movie. Don't forget the popcorn.

Large Chamois Leather 4 SQ FT Natural Shammy
Large Chamois Leather 4 SQ FT Natural Shammy
Offered by FastcarDirect - 24 Hour Dispatch

5.0 out of 5 stars Massive, 20 Feb 2014
I bought this for my mum. She couldn't believe how large it was and was very happy with its performance. As a natural shammy leather it is of course a little smelly when new.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3