Profile for Daniel Done > Reviews

Content by Daniel Done

Daniel Done "Dan1el." (uk)

Fine Art Printing for Photographers: Exhibition Quality Prints with Inkjet Printers, 2nd Edition
by Uwe Steinmueller

1.0 out of 5 stars Pointless., 23 Oct 2008
I purchased this book to gain a further insight into the ' how to ' method of producing fine output.
An utter waste of money and MY time spent reading it - you can gain more from browsing your printers quick start guide.
The book has been heavily ' padded out ' with Photo Shop lessons to make it a more veritible tome but the content is poor and does not assist in producing a high quality print.
It should have been proof enough that the prints inside the book were of low quality and in some instances the differance between inital photo and print were indiscernable.
I actually gave this away after 4 days - the person I gave it to told they binned it 3 days later.
This book is a complete let down from start to finish and in no way is up to the standard of the other books in this range from the rockynook house.

The Interpretation of Murder
The Interpretation of Murder
by Jed Rubenfeld

1.0 out of 5 stars Read an Airline sick bag for a better story !, 19 Sep 2008
In short this was possibly the worst book I have read in over 5 years.

A pointless and exceedingly dull read - no real characters just stereotypical nobodies, banal repetitive dialogue and as for a plot.....why I did not dispose of this work before finishing it I am still unsure.

It has also become apparent that the only twist relating to this prose was when I reached for my wallet.

This author wasted approximately 6 hours of my life and to be honest I would like that time back.

Award winner - my Ar**.

Please Jed - no more. Thanks - Dan.

Outdoor Monuments of Manhattan: A Historical Guide
Outdoor Monuments of Manhattan: A Historical Guide
by Dianne L. Durante

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent guide to NYC sculpture., 29 May 2008
This book is extremely good, both in its format and content. The essays provide an excellent narrative, particularly for those readers from overseas like myself who are not well versed in American history.

Locations are grouped together to ease a ' walking visit ' including a map. The brief overview of each subject and artist combine to provide a neat package that is both interesting and informative.

This book really opened my eyes to sculptures that I had passed on several visits to NYC - seeing them in a different light and more importantly noticing the details that are so often overlooked.

My only regret is I should have bought the book BEFORE I booked my trip as I would have stayed longer to see and enjoy more of these works of art.

Still, isn't that an excuse to go back.........?