ARRAY(0xa7623780)

Profile for Ben > Reviews

Content by Ben

Ben "Ben" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
CablessonBasics 3M (3 Meter) High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet - (Latest 1.4a Version, 15.2Gbps) Gold HDMI to HDMI Cable with ETHERNET Compatibility, FULL HD, 1080P, 2160p, LCD, PLASMA & LED TV's, 3D TVS, Supports Dolby TrueHD
Offered by HDCentral
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fine, 26 Feb 2012
I can't really find anything interesting to say about a cable only that it works well with my Panasonic & Samsung tv's.
Recommended

The Silver Eagle: (The Forgotten Legion Chronicles No. 2)
The Silver Eagle: (The Forgotten Legion Chronicles No. 2)
by Ben Kane
Price: 5.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Been here before, 24 Feb 2012
2nd book in the series, and for me possibly the last. If I hadn't read Harry Sidebottoms "roman series" that I probably would have enjoyed these
books more, but unfortunately I have. These books have nothing new or original to offer, most of the events/people have already been covered by other writers in their books and I now know them to well to keep being duplicated by others. I think the only new writings here were perhaps the mysticism which doesn't really appeal to me and IMO became so overdone, it was fine in the first book but now it's not just one character having fore-telling but three.
I'm not saying the books aren't well written or that they don't have a decent storyline because they do, and I thought his 3 main characters were pretty likeable and I also enjoyed the way he wrote about the treatment of the slaves, which is pretty horrific IMO and certainly not glossed over
So, all in all if you haven't read any of Colleen Mccullough or Harry Sidebottoms books then you will probably enjoy these, if you have then you will be sorely disappointed IMO.

Cowon X7 160GB Portable Media Player - Black
Cowon X7 160GB Portable Media Player - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless for Audiobooks, 16 Feb 2012
I've just edited this review, initially I gave this player 4 stars I now give it 1. Why, because the bookmarks don't work and is a major flaw. When you recharge this player, it turns itself off and then updates its files when you turn it back on, and this is where the problem lies, because it deletes your bookmarks completely. It's okay if you turn it off in "Sleep Mode" and turn it back on it keeps your bookmarks, but unfortunately you can't do this all the time because you have to recharge it. This feature is a necessity for me as I listen to audiobooks and the bookmark feature is a must.

AdvancedMp3Player comments: The bookmark behaviour is how the Cowon X7 operates, it is not a specific technical fault with your player, nor has the player been knowingly missold.

So in other words even though I've only had the player for 30days they will not refund, although in my opinion "it's not fit for purpose" as I believe that the bookmark is useless in this player.

So now 1 star for the product and AdvancedMp3Players.

I bought this player on the 12th Feb,2012
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 30, 2012 1:03 PM BST

Zig zag Hand Size Rolling Machine
Zig zag Hand Size Rolling Machine
Offered by SHINE_UMBRELLA
Price: 0.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Roller, 8 Feb 2012
Excellent roller, I usually use a Swan roller, but they've a bit stiff and its hard to get a good cig
from them. But the ZigZag is excellent, the material is softer and more pliant than the Swan, and its
very flexible and easy to use.
Highly recommended.

ByteStor 16GB USB  High Speed "Dataferry" Flash Drive
ByteStor 16GB USB High Speed "Dataferry" Flash Drive
Price: 9.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent usb drive, 5 Aug 2011
I find this to be a very fast usb drive, especially using Teracopy (free program) I usually get about 17mbs per sec, which if fast enough for me.
Highly recommended.

Trust 10 Port Usb 2.0 Power Hub
Trust 10 Port Usb 2.0 Power Hub
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece of kit, 5 Aug 2011
Does what it says on the tin, transfers are a lot faster now with this unit than my pc usb ports. The usb ports are a very tight and secure fit.
Excellent and highly recommended

Ghost Story: A Dresden Files Novel (The Dresden Files)
Ghost Story: A Dresden Files Novel (The Dresden Files)
Price: 4.31

2.0 out of 5 stars The worst of them all, 1 Aug 2011
Totally disagree with the other reviews, IMO the worst book of all the Dresden series, to much reminiscing and angst, to much going over what had happened in the last books, too much how he had wronged Murphy & Molly, to much description which just felt like padding, loose plot and IMO not a good story line. And what's with all the jibes and jokes.... It really didn't feel like Butcher was taking this book seriously to me and was just having a great deal of fun at his readers expense. I just didn't really care who won or who lived or who died, I just wanted the story to end, and so I raced through the book not because I was enjoying it so much that I couldn't stop reading it I just wanted to see how it finished. I just didn't get this book at all and was very disappointed with it. IMO if this last book is anything to go by and there are going to be 20 books in this series this is way to long for me and I think I'll stop now and make this my last book.

PS I thought His Alera Codex series was brilliant, totally different to Dresden but excellent fantasy nonetheless, highly recommended and well worth 5 stars IMO.

Sumvision Cyclone Micro 2 Media Player
Sumvision Cyclone Micro 2 Media Player
Offered by Bluestone Online
Price: 34.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised, 26 Mar 2011
Ordered the Sumvision cyclone 2 player, I was sent a TurnMeOn player with the old credit card remote. This seller should remove the images shown on this page because your not getting that player but IMO a cheaper version. I've asked for a full refund plus postage, they wouldn't send a "Return Label" so I had to pay the postage myself, which I wasn't happy with.

This was just a waste of my time and money.

I've sent the TurnMeOn player back as not as advertised and I got the real Sumvision player from ebuyer.

So Buyer beware....

PS The Sumvision player is excellent, it plays mkv, avi, vob, and divx, plugged into a WD Passport 500gb external drive and also a sd card with no problems whatsoever, I'm really pleased with it, just a shame this seller wasted my time with the cheaper version.

Cowon J3 Official Leather Case Colour BLACK
Cowon J3 Official Leather Case Colour BLACK
Offered by AllTheMedia
Price: 5.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 28 Oct 2010
Perfect fit & very solid leather case. It has bars at the side and top that you slide the case into
and its a really secure fit. The outside of the case is a really nice leather with a softer inside
which doesn't mark the player. The magnetic clasp again is really well made and very strong, and its
never come undone.
I've been using this case for months now and it still looks like new.
If your serious about protecting your J3, and who wouldn't be, then this is definately the case
for you. I know there are cheaper alternatives, but sometimes you get what you pay for.
Highly recommended

Sansa Fuze 8gb MP3 Player Black
Sansa Fuze 8gb MP3 Player Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Little Player, 28 Oct 2010
For the price you can't really go wrong with this player. You don't get many extras as the settings are very basic, but its a solid performer and would be great
for a kids christmas present. Battery life is pretty good, when used with Rockbox I get about 30hrs.
If you Rockbox it, then it really enhances the player, with many more settings and a bookmark which to me is essential, because I
listen to a lot of audiobooks and I really need the bookmark settings. I actually use this player as a backup, my main player is the Cowon J3.
So, all in all, an excellent player for the price & the upgrade facility via SD card is very good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4