Profile for S. Thomson > Reviews

Content by S. Thomson

S. Thomson (Glos, UK)

CalmingBreath Zafu Meditation Cushion - 100% Organic (Olive Green)
CalmingBreath Zafu Meditation Cushion - 100% Organic (Olive Green)
Offered by Calming Breath

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, comfortable, beautifully holistic meditation cushion, 17 Feb. 2015
This is my first meditation cushion and I am delighted with it. It is comfortable and gives good support being easy to mould to my bottom. It's a lovely green colour. I was particularly impressed that it came with a useful and helpful booklet on using it which told me that the makers were keen not only to sell the product, but that the user should actually enjoy using it.

I'm Toy 42063 Pattern Blocks Walker
I'm Toy 42063 Pattern Blocks Walker

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded all expectations, 11 Nov. 2013
I researched many baby walkers. I was looking for something really sturdy, understanding the important relationship of handle to base. The bricks looked very interesting and different to all else I saw. I am delighted with it and feel that my granddaughter, currently 10 months old, will love it. I have examined every part of it and the wood is good quality, all smooth, so good to feel. And the bricks - I wasn't quite expecting them to be so fabulous: beautiful colours in themselves but different patterns, shapes and sizes with bells, mirrors, balls - all securely fixed so as to be safe for little fingers. I can see this lasting for a long while as it engages her in different ways.

Greetings From Ghana: An Englishmen's Adventures from the City of Accra
Greetings From Ghana: An Englishmen's Adventures from the City of Accra
by M. J. Poynter

1.0 out of 5 stars A poor read, 1 Oct. 2008
The 1 star I gave this book was for its attractive cover).I bought this book in preparation for a visit to Accra -to put me in touch with the atmosphere. Suffice it to say, about 20 pages in -yes, I struggled that far! -I began to read it with a pencil in hand; the back cover describes the author as a 'writer'; what! He surely never made keystage 2 in the National Curriculum. Syntax and spelling errors abound -no proof readers checked this book? Did nobody notice that the title contains a pretty big error -note 'An Englishmen's Adventures...' (Englishmen's, in case I have to spell it out!)Could I say that these errors spoiled the read? Well, they inflamed irritation certainly, but since there's little in the way of interesting narration or plot, just fascile observations, I'd say they really didn't make much difference. Do I throw it in the bin or rest my coffee cups on it? Bin it.