Profile for Lizzie > Reviews

Content by Lizzie

Lizzie (Newtownards Co Down)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1-10 | 11
The Bridges Of Madison County [1995] [DVD]
The Bridges Of Madison County [1995] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Clint Eastwood

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECTION!!, 15 Aug 2006
This is quite simply one of the best films I have ever seen. Definitely up among my top five ever. The quality of the acting from Meryl Streep and Clint Eastwood is just faultless. They look so good together on screen, it is hard to believe they are only acting. You can literally feel the intensity of the characters' love for each other and the heartbreaking decison they have to face, to either stay together and be true to themselves, or separate and go back to their individual lives, and therefore put the feelings of others before their own happiness.

I agree with the previous reviewer, in that it is one of those rare movies that is actually better than the book. I have watched it many times, with the kleenex at the ready of course. It is simply perfect for a wet Sunday afternoon.

If you love weepies, you will adore this.

Dyson DC08 Telescope Wrap Animal Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner Silver/Lavender
Dyson DC08 Telescope Wrap Animal Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner Silver/Lavender

5.0 out of 5 stars Animal by name and animal by nature!!!!!!!, 12 July 2006
Simply the best dyson I have ever owned. After using this beast once, it was as if I had just had new carpets laid. Having two long haired grey cats, it is normally a never ending battle to keep my carpets and furniture free of grey fluff and fur. However this lifted and got rid of it with ease. For once it was a pleasure to to the vacuuming.

I would highly recommend this to anyone, but it is invaluble if you have pets. Also Amazon's price is the cheapest I have found anywhere.

Click add to basket and you will be amazed with what comes out of your carpets.

Farewell, my Queen
Farewell, my Queen
by Chantal Thomas

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful!!!!, 23 April 2006
This review is from: Farewell, my Queen (Hardcover)
As a fan of historical fiction, I was immediately drawn to this book only to be severely disappointed. The book gives an account of the final three days of the French court at Versailles during the revolution. It is told through the eyes of a servant and should have been full of fear, excitement, intrigue and sadness as the Royal house fell. However the only sadness I felt was for the poor quality writing and two dimensional characters.

Sorry to say it is the worst book I've ever read.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 8, 2009 10:25 PM GMT

At First Sight
At First Sight
by Nicholas Sparks

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicholas Sparks has done it again!!!!!, 18 Feb 2006
This review is from: At First Sight (Hardcover)
While this novel could be read on its own it is in fact the sequel to 'True Believer' which I also highly recommend. Having already fallen in love with the characters of Lexie and Jeremy in the first book, I couldn't wait to begin this one. This one begins after Jeremy leaves his 'exciting' life in New York to set up home with Lexie his true love and soulmate and against all odds await the birth of their first child.
I don't want to give anything away but the reader is taken on a rollercoaster of emotions as the book charts their engagement and subsequent marriage. Please keep the tissues handy for this one as Nicholas Sparks once again shows his intense insight of the human spirit, and how it can triumph despite what life sometimes gives us.
Click add to basket and give yourself a treat from a wonderful storyteller!!!

A Garden Lost in Time (A & B Crime)
A Garden Lost in Time (A & B Crime)
by Jonathan Aycliffe

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very scary but, 7 July 2004
Having read other books by Jonathan Aycliffe I was looking forward to feeling my flesh creep! Sadly this didn't happen very much with this book.
The story is based in Cornwall during the First World War, with the main character "Simon" sent to live wih his Aunt and Uncle after the death of his father on the western front. Very soon, of course, everything is not as it seems and Simon is drawn to an abandoned but forbidden garden in the grounds of the house. The garden is supposed to be creepy, but I felt nothing of much significance happened here. In fact most of the "action" and mysterious deaths happened in other parts of the grounds and house itself.
There were also some contradictions in the writing. For example, in the first chapter the character "Tom" is aged 12 in 1915. Yet later in 1916 we are told Tom is now aged 15. Surely an editor should have picked this up!
Having said all this, the book did have its moments when "Aycliffe's" old form shone through, and I still found it enjoyable.
In my opinion....worth a look!

Simple Things
Simple Things
Offered by EX DISPLAY STOCK

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 11 Jan 2004
This review is from: Simple Things (Audio CD)
This is a lovely album from Amy which is both feel good and thought-provoking. Definitely one to listen to while relaxing in the evening. This album starts out quite mainstream with catchy tracks such as 'Happy' and the title song 'Simple things'. It gradually moves on though to songs like the haunting melody of 'Innocence lost' and the poignant 'After the fire'.
My only criticism is the album is a bit short, containing only 10 tracks. However quality is better than quantity, and in my opinion all her fans will love it!

Wideacre (Wideacre Trilogy 1)
Wideacre (Wideacre Trilogy 1)
by Philippa Gregory

5.0 out of 5 stars Original and Addictive!!!!, 1 Oct 2003
Wideacre is unlike any book I have ever read. Philippa Gregory has succeeded in creating a heroine in the form of Beatrice Lacey, who has so many complex facets to her character, that you don't know whether to loathe her or hate her. Some of the crimes she commits are appalling along with her sexual drive to get what she wants. However you can understand what propels her on her dark path.
I can't wait to begin "The Favoured Child" the next book in the "Wideacre" trilogy!

Page: 1-10 | 11