Profile for emily_amazon > Reviews

emily_amazon

Nothing To Envy: Real Lives In North Korea
Nothing To Envy: Real Lives In North Korea

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely interesting!, 3 Aug 2013
Very good read - highly informative and thought provoking.

Sometimes confusion between each character and their story occurred, but I think this is due to how sucked in you get with one character at a time and how much information there is to take in. Nothing to stop buying the book for!

If you wanna know more about the country of N.Korea, this is a great place to start.

Overall, a great book and already got my boyfriend and his father reading it! Buy, buy, buy.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, lovely, lovely!, 14 Jan 2012
Lovely colour, good material, nice design, easy to hold, protective for the Kindle - a good all rounder! :)
Recommended.

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite

5.0 out of 5 stars The best gadget you can buy for £89!, 7 Jan 2012
For anyone who loves reading, this is a must buy!

Whether you are sat at home on the sofa, or commuting to work/uni the kindle is such a good device to have.
- The display is perfect
- The buttons are perfect
- The battery life is perfect
- The memory is perfect
- Even the screen-savers are perfect

Overall, I can not say one bad thing about my Kindle.

Mud, Sweat and Tears
Mud, Sweat and Tears
by Bear Grylls

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 7 Jan 2012
This review is from: Mud, Sweat and Tears (Hardcover)
I bought this item for my boyfriend for Christmas and it was finished within 3 days.

He has always been interested in Bear Grylls i.e watching his TV programmes etc so I thought it would be a good idea for him to have a read of this. He found it so interesting and inspiring and was really glad he had read it. He found it that inspiring that he has decided, along with some friends, to climb the 3 peaks in the UK. He also has started reading the book Bear wrote about his climb of Everest as the youngest Brit to do so.

I would recommend this autobiography to anyone who has found Bear Grylls fascinating on the television because according to my boyfriend, the books shows how impressive he really is.

A Brief Introduction to Social Work Theory
A Brief Introduction to Social Work Theory
by David Howe

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 7 Jan 2012
I'm a first year Social Work student and found this book very useful when starting my module on the Foundations of Social Work. It gives you a brief but useful overview of certain aspects of the profession and has been a good reference for some of my essays. It's not a book with loads and loads of complex theory or jargon; it's simple and helpful. I would recommend for any first year in their first term of the course but I wouldn't rush out and buy it if you don't fit in to that criteria.

An Idiot Abroad - Series 1- 2 [DVD]
An Idiot Abroad - Series 1- 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Karl Pilkington

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny!, 7 Jan 2012
I bought this item my boyfriend for Christmas and he has not stopped watching them. Me and his family have also loved every bit with him. I'd recommend this to any one who likes a bit of dry humour and stupidity!
My boyfriend has also read the book that belongs to the first series and thought that was an excellently funny read so that might be worth a look/purchase too.