Profile for LizT > Reviews

Content by LizT

LizT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Dying for a Living (A Jesse Sullivan Novel Book 1)
Dying for a Living (A Jesse Sullivan Novel Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars ... surprised as to be honest I wasn't expecting a great deal but I found myself drawn into the story ..., 10 Jun. 2015
I was pleasantly surprised as to be honest I wasn't expecting a great deal but I found myself drawn into the story and thoroughly enjoyed it. That will teach me to have preconceived ideas, after all, I was drawn to the blurb so must have found the premise interesting! Not classic literature by any means but then I wasn't looking for classic literature and as I said, I thoroughly enjoyed it so thumbs up from me.

Avonstar British Made Spice Rack
Avonstar British Made Spice Rack
Offered by Avonstar

5.0 out of 5 stars ) Great purchase, does exactly what it says on the ..., 29 April 2015
I bought two of them (use lots of herbs and spices.) Great purchase, does exactly what it says on the tin! Delivery was extremely speedy and I'd be more than happy to purchase from this supplier again. Two of the best things about having the spice racks is the space I've cleared in the cupboards and the fact that I can now see at a glance exactly which herbs and spices I have and can also see easily when I'm running low on certain ones. Originally, I was only going to buy one rack but OH suggested two would make more sense - hate to admit (at least to him) that he was right!

An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth
An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth

5.0 out of 5 stars A very human astronaut!, 18 April 2015
An excellent and very interesting read. Chris Hadfield comes across as someone who was not only living his (then seemingly unrealistic) childhood dream of becoming an astronaut, but who is also passionate about educating the next generation. He advocates hard work and doing the best you possibly can in all situations - something we could all do with emulating. I was actually quite sorry to turn the last page, always a sign (to me anyway) of having enjoyed a great read!

The Gil Cunningham Omnibus (Books 1-4): The Harper's Quine, The Nicholas Feast, The Merchants's Mark, St. Mungo's Robin

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Mar. 2015
I've really enjoyed these and will be reading the rest of Pat's Gil Cunningham series.

Mary Berry's Absolute Favourites
Mary Berry's Absolute Favourites

5.0 out of 5 stars Husband's mouth was watering when I described Mary's version of cottage pie to him - got to keep his tummy (and my own) happy!, 2 Mar. 2015
Just got this yesterday and I've got three recipes earmarked for this week already, one of which is on tonight's menu, cottage pie with a crushed new potato topping. Husband's mouth was watering when I described Mary's version of cottage pie to him - got to keep his tummy (and my own) happy!

The Everything Mediterranean Cookbook: Includes Homemade Greek Yogurt, Risotto with Smoked Eggplant, Chianti Chicken, Roasted Sea Bass with Potatoes and ... Tarts and hundreds more! (Everything®)

4.0 out of 5 stars ... Peter's blog for a number of years and I've liked those recipes I've tried, 2 Mar. 2015
I bought this book because I've followed Peter's blog for a number of years and I've liked those recipes I've tried. I'm sure I'll use this book quite regularly especially as I like Mediterranean food anyway.

Unexpected Afghans: Innovative Crochet Designs with Traditional Techniques
Unexpected Afghans: Innovative Crochet Designs with Traditional Techniques

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this, good projects and techniques, 2 Mar. 2015
I love this, good projects and techniques. Crochet terminology is US rather than British so you'll need to mentally translate if you're used to British crochet terminology.

Tom Kerridge's Proper Pub Food
Tom Kerridge's Proper Pub Food

5.0 out of 5 stars I've tried Tom's mussels cooked in ale - delicious and a nice change from mussels in white wine, 2 Mar. 2015
Another one for inspiration. I've tried Tom's mussels cooked in ale - delicious and a nice change from mussels in white wine. His celeriac and bramley apple soup is very yummy and his home-made salad cream reminds me of the salad cream my grandmother used to make also yummy.

Tom Kerridge†™s Best Ever Dishes
Tom Kerridge†™s Best Ever Dishes

5.0 out of 5 stars I like Tom Kerridge and when I've seen him on TV ..., 2 Mar. 2015
I like Tom Kerridge and when I've seen him on TV his food always looks, as he puts it, "lush". I really enjoy cooking and I like trying new recipes on a regular basis so I decided to add this book to my (kindle) cookbook library as much for inspiration as to slavishly follow recipes. Have several recipes earmarked but haven't as yet made anything from this particular book, won't be long though!

Eat - The Little Book of Fast Food
Eat - The Little Book of Fast Food

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for inspiration, 22 Aug. 2014
I like Nigel's writing style. This is more of a "how to" than dedicated recipes with exact quantities and methods but as a relatively experienced cook I don't see recipes as written in stone but more of a stepping stone. It's great for inspiration and if I veer from Nigel's suggestions and take my own path, then it's my fault that my added/subtracted ingredients don't work together. So far, I haven't had a failure - that's not to say that I won't have though!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6