Profile for THE VIKING > Reviews

Content by THE VIKING

THE VIKING

Hammered - I Played Football for West Ham, Man City and Everton…Then the Police Came Calling and My Life Fell Apart

4.0 out of 5 stars Hammered by Mark Ward., 5 July 2012
Lovely little footballer when he was in his prime. A lot of the stuff was understandable but a lot was glorified. I do not believe that when Ward was first taken to HMP Liverpool (Walton) that he arrived in handcuffs. I think it was in the first chapter that he mentioned this. After I retired from the Merseyside Police I drove the vans conveying prisoners from courts to prison and only extremely violent prisoners, or prisoners with a high escape risk, were handcuffed in transit. Ward wasn't in this catagory. He also played down his part in the drugs dealing. Why doesn't he admit he was a drugs dealer instead of trying to blame someone else. The judge obviously didn't believe him and he was a really emminent judge. Enjoyable book though.

Welcome to Liverpool, Brendan Rodgers
Welcome to Liverpool, Brendan Rodgers

3.0 out of 5 stars Welcome To Liverpool Brenden Rodgers, 5 July 2012
If Liverpool supporters think they are going to get anything out of this book forget it. I support Everton but being a Scouse have an interest in the other side which is why I purchased the book. I sincerely hope they treat Rodgers better than they treated the present England manager as he was given no chance whatsoever at Liverpool. The fans only wanted Dalgleish and they got their wish. Book didn't really tell us much about the man but is really a way of making a quick few bob on a subject that a lot of Liverpool supporters will be extremely interested in at this moment in time.

The Beat of the 1960s.
The Beat of the 1960s.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Beat Of The 1960s, 5 July 2012
Unlike the author who joined the Liverpool & Bootle Police I initially joined Lancashire Constabulary before becoming a Merseyside Police officer in April, 1974. I was quite shocked by how small this book actually was and it did not tell me anything at all about the Police at all. Extremely disappointing. Didn't the officer do anything when she eventually finished at Bruche as it certainly isn't written about.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 12, 2012 12:34 PM BST

The Boys From The Mersey
The Boys From The Mersey

1.0 out of 5 stars The Boys From The Mersey, 5 July 2012
Absolute garbage. The man is talking such a load of rubbish it amazed me that the book was actually published. I am actually a retired Merseyside Police Officer whose beat initially was Kirkby, where the idiot who wrote the book came from, and later in my service I was based at Walton Lane, a station that covered both Anfield and Goodison Park. I can assure you that the chances of the idiot author getting into grounds for freee on the number of times he did is impossible and can you actually imagine a person flying somewhere around Europe without having a ticket when boarding a plane? No I can't either. The only thing this book has done is make the author money as he attempts to show that the majority of Liverpool people are criminals and I can assure you they aren't. I would love this idiot author to put his real name on the book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2012 12:03 PM GMT