Profile for Scruffster2011 > Reviews

Content by Scruffster2011

Scruffster2011

5.0 out of 5 stars A M A Z I N G ! ! ! ! ! ! !, 19 Jan. 2014
I used to play guitar many years ago. When I moved out of my parents I stopped because Moms' guitar had to stay at her house (so not fair!!!) Life took over and I never really missed playing until about 4 1/2 years ago, when I felt that I had to start playing again.

On and off I searched second-hand shops, ebay & Amazon, at the time I was looking for a 12 string, and I wanted the guitar to be blue. I found one, in a second hand shop, the neck was cracked and the tone of the guitar was so bad I can't think of a printable term to describe it. At that point I decided I would look at 6 strings too, and give up on the second-hand approach.

About 6 months ago, I started to search in earnest and I came across Lindo - I saw 2 guitars that I would be over-joyed to own with regards to how they looked. I put them both on my wish list. I am house bound so there was no way I could go to the guitar. However, Lindo were one step ahead - I used some of the links to listen to the sounds/tone of the guitars. I have perfect pitch and I am very very fussy as to tonal quality of instruments/stereo's etc.

Without a shadow of a doubt, the tone on this (Lindo ORG-SL Slim Electro Acoustic Guitar with Pre-amp and Integrated Tuner/Accessories - Blue) guitar was fantastic, so I removed the other guitar from my wish list. I then spent six months just going back and looking at the guitar and listening to the tone via the link. The last thing I wanted to do was make a mistake, because I had only enough to buy one guitar.

Two weeks ago the big day came and I finally ordered my guitar. It arrived the next day. I opened the box like the contents were made of the finest porcelain. I was actually shaking at this point. I took the wrapped guitar out of its box and very carefully removed the foam bag it was protected by. I had the back of the guitar to me and I just adored the colour. When I put it down on my lap so I could look at the front, I was just speechless, it was/is absolutely beautiful, even better in the flesh (so to speak) than in the photos. I am petite & have small hands, and the thinner body and narrow neck are perfect for me.

There was now only one more thing to do, the moment of truth - had I made a mistake? and that was to tune it up and strike a chord........... It was worth the wait, the guitar was made for me, it was beautiful to look at, the tonal quality is fantastic, in my opinion better than some much more expensive guitars.

I phoned the shop to say it had arrived and thank them and gush about my new guitar. The man I spoke to was really helpful and explained that there were links with tips etc. and that if I had any problems whatsoever to simply phone the shop and they would be more than happy to help and/or resolve my problem.

I couldn't have asked for more - a perfect guitar, exactly what I wanted AND fantastic customer support backing it up. What more can I say - my little guitar dream came true!!

Witch Wraith: Book 3 of The Dark Legacy of Shannara
Witch Wraith: Book 3 of The Dark Legacy of Shannara

5.0 out of 5 stars Shannara - Still entrancing 35+ years on!!!!, 13 Jan. 2014
I have vivid memories of being about 9 years old and Mom having us 3 kids sitting around her on the bed whilst she read "The Sword of Shannara" to us. I was as enthralled and captivated then as I am now. I have read all of Terry Brooks books (except Star Wars - The Phantom Menace) including the "Landover" & "Word & the Void" series and I love them all. I found it a stroke of TOTAL GENIUS when Shannara was linked to "The Word & the Void". It is good fun to go back and read all the Shannara books in Chronological order sometimes, as Terrys' writing often moves about the different eras in Shannara history. I now pre-order the books as soon as they appear on Ammazon.

If you want a world to get lost in for a while I can totally recommend the Shannara books, all of them!! Ingenius twists and turns, wonderful characters you can really relate to and feel for, or dark and mysterious characters like Allanon that you long to learn more about and unravel the mysteries of. Every new book just leaves me hungry & impatient for the next.

STACKERS Set of 5 'CLASSIC SIZE' - Cream STACKER Set of 5 Stacking Jewellery Box with Purple Lining
Offered by Carters of London

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Idea, 14 May 2013
This is such a simple concept that I am surprised no-one came up with it until now. I had loads of fun arranging my jewellery in the different trays. I can order (and have ordered) extra trays in the layout I want. It is so much better than a 'fixed size' jewellery box as you can mix and match your trays according to your needs rather than being stuck with whatever the fixed jewellery box supplied. I would recommend this to everyone. Treat yourself and enjoy!!

Stackers Cream - Medium Storage Caddy - 595C
Stackers Cream - Medium Storage Caddy - 595C
Offered by Carters of London

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooray!!!!, 15 April 2013
I am absolutely thrilled with this.
I bought it along with the Stackers Jewellery Boxes.
Both items look really smart, but this caddy is fabulous. It has taken ALL of the clutter off my dressing table.
It looks amazing with all the stuff in. It doesn't look messy, dusting is less frustrating because I am no longer playing skittles with the lotions and potions falling all over the place.
I would seriously recommend this. It's like Magic, and it holds more than I expected.

Rosewood Adjustable Double Diner Medium
Rosewood Adjustable Double Diner Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Idea, 2 July 2012
This is a great idea. It saves my labrador eating off the floor and straining her neck, as damage can be caused over the years if she eats off the floor. The only drawback with it is that my puppy drinks with great gusto and splashes water everywhere, so rusting is a problem. It would be better if it was made of stainless steel.

Big Bang Theory - Season 1-4 Complete [DVD] [2011]
Big Bang Theory - Season 1-4 Complete [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Johnny Galecki
Offered by alentertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely hysterical !!!, 28 Jun. 2012
So funny, and some episodes need to be watched several times to get all the jokes & expressions, but they never get tired!!!!!

Pointer Pet Foods Charcoal Cobs 10kg
Pointer Pet Foods Charcoal Cobs 10kg
Offered by Maltbys Stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Do they work???, 16 Aug. 2011
The only way I can answer that question is by saying, you don't actually notice that they are working, but if you stop feeding them to your dog your nose lets you know that they were working exceptionally well. So now, the puppy gets charcoal biscuits as treats and she thinks she is really clever, but my nose wins every time.