Profile for lunarose > Reviews

Cilla [DVD] [2014]
Cilla [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Sheridan Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Absence of Aneurin Barnard in dvd extras :(, 7 Oct 2014
This review is from: Cilla [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
An excellent drama, well worth watching over again. Great performances especially by Aneurin Barnard as Bobby. One criticism that I think fans of Aneurin Barnard should be aware of is do not expect to see Aneurin Barnard in the dvd extras "making of" which was disappointing as the story was as much about Bobby as it was about Cilla. That's my only criticism.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 7, 2014 10:31 PM BST

The Deep Blue Sea [2011] [DVD]
The Deep Blue Sea [2011] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rachel Weisz

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure is she needs therapy or I do after watching..., 18 Mar 2014
Firstly I understand this is a play of it's time but if you're a woman with any kind of modern or feminist principles then for gods sake steer clear. Within 30 minutes i'm afraid I really wanted to give Hester (Rachel Weisz) a thorough shaking and/or a good old fashioned talking too. The acting is sublime however especially Rachel Weisz, and Tom Hiddleston gave a remarkably convincing performance as the tantrum throwing, self interested lover (I should know I once dated someone with the same flawed characteristics. What a nightmare!) Ladies don't watch if you've recently suffered a break up, in fact, though I've given it 3 stars, mainly for the first rate acting performances, i'd save your money if I were you.