Profile for Isak > Reviews

Isak

iRobot 81901 Roomba Side Brush 3-Pack
iRobot 81901 Roomba Side Brush 3-Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Aside the filters, you'll need these, 14 Dec 2013
There are a few spares every Roomba owner need. Filters and these brushes. Being a happy Roomba owner for a bit over a year, I've replaced the side brush two times so far. Drawing on this experience, my 3-pack will probably last me well into next year.

The brush arms will not simply break off, but the rubber will slowly fatigue and crack near the centre. Just replace the brushes when you notice that the brush arms have lost their springiness or simply just look unacceptably dirty.

Garry Winogrand (San Francisco Museum of Modern Art)
Garry Winogrand (San Francisco Museum of Modern Art)
by Leo Rubinfien

3.0 out of 5 stars A freeze dried remnant of the San Francisco exhibition, 6 Dec 2013
Summing up a very productive artist's life is impossible, so the title is deceptive at first, but I suppose that "Garry Winogrand" was the name of the exhibition at the SFMOMA, thus fitting in the context; for this book is less of the story of Garry Winogrand's career as a photographer but more of a freeze dried remnant of the San Francisco exhibition. It is competent gift shop material, and that is ok.

Master Class Combination Sharpening Stone
Master Class Combination Sharpening Stone

5.0 out of 5 stars It's cheaper than new cheap knifes, 31 Aug 2013
First, I must admit - I'm not an expert. I use this to sharpen cheap knifes instead of buying new ones. Also I find it satisfying after a sharpening session to be able to shave a patch of my arms with my newly sharpened budget knifes. If going to IKEA every year for a new set of knifes makes you sad and remorseful for your consumerism - this sharpening stone might be the cure for that. It is easy to use and useful to have.

Master Class 25cm Sharpening Steel
Master Class 25cm Sharpening Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars The easy way to keep your knives sharp, 31 Aug 2013
A sharpening steels is probably the easiest way to keep your kitchen knifes in sharp for everyday use. What I especially like with this steel, aside it's reasonable price, is its handle. Just fits my hand and might be one of the most comfortable handles I've used.

Now, why is this important? It isn't. However, considering it is basically just a steel rod with ridges, at least the handle might be something worthy to appraise.