Profile for Ruth B > Reviews

Magic Mike XXL
Magic Mike XXL
Dvd

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear me, 2 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Magic Mike XXL (Amazon Video)
It is what it is. The last half hour is the best part.

Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth
Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth
Offered by 123 DIRECT LTD

2.0 out of 5 stars Since having babies I find it tricky to get a good fit with tampons and figured I would give this ..., 13 Mar. 2015
Frank review alert.

If the idea of stuffing an silicone eggcup up your f****y is tempting read on.

I have waited 4 months before posting a review. Lets face it women have periods, they are inconvenient. I have delivered 2 babies and have the altered muscle tone to prove it. Since having babies I find it tricky to get a good fit with tampons and figured I would give this a crack as I want to resume swimming and the cost of pads irritates me. This is a silicone elongated eggcup shaped cone with a stem at the base of the chalice.

I spent a good while reading reviews for various alternative sanitary wear products and selected this as it wasn't too expensive and seemed to have a good balance of positives.

Does it work - yes.
Is it comfortable - not in the slightest. I felt like I was constantly being poked by the stem, persevering each month I trimmed a little more off as the instructions suggest. I now have no stem left what so ever. I am not holding out hope for an improved fit next month.
Does it leak - no. Of the two occasions I have fitted it and left it inlong enough while ignoring the stabbing sensation in my nether regions. As I felt duty bound to give it a go as I have bought the blooming thing (grrr). I only wore it around the house as I was so uncomfortable - not a true field test.

Will I give it another go - yes but only cuz I am a stubborn so and so. I am hoping exercises will improve tone and therefore fit/comfort.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 13, 2015 4:58 PM GMT

Room on the Broom: Games
Room on the Broom: Games

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent in all other respects, 13 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Room on the Broom: Games (App)
only problem is the flying collecting letters game, as a parent I found it nigh on impossible- my lad also does.
excellent in all other respects

Fitbit Zip - activity tracker - charcoal
Fitbit Zip - activity tracker - charcoal
Offered by Findmeagift

5.0 out of 5 stars Mobile phone bluetooth interferes with syncing but easily remedied and no other problems, 13 Mar. 2015
Definitely motivates me to move more , a tad expensive for a posh pedometer but I can wear it to work discretely (work in a hospital so cant wear a wrist band style activity tracker). Mobile phone bluetooth interferes with syncing but easily remedied and no other problems. Would recommed this over an 'oldstyle' regular pedometer.

Fitbit
Fitbit

5.0 out of 5 stars A little expensive for a posh basic pedometer but it ..., 13 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Fitbit (App)
A little expensive for a posh basic pedometer but it has definitely motivated me to move more. The bluetooth on mobile does sometimes interfere with syncing but had no other hiccoughs. I bought this as I can't wear a jaw bone or other wrist activity monitor due to work. So far has not let me down.

Gruffalo: Games
Gruffalo: Games

5.0 out of 5 stars ... pieces but a sliding pieces style despite being very good at jigsaws, 13 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Gruffalo: Games (App)
Lil one loves this - struggles a little with the jigsaw puzzles as not regular fitting pieces but a sliding pieces style despite being very good at jigsaws... works well with no glitches

Kids Travel Play Tray - Childrens Car Seat Buggy Pushchair Lap Tray (Blue)
Kids Travel Play Tray - Childrens Car Seat Buggy Pushchair Lap Tray (Blue)
Offered by Home & Travel

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend it., 13 Mar. 2015
Simple idea, worked well on a very active 3 year old on a 4 hour car journey. Would recommend it.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars definitely order the bigger size, 19 Dec. 2013
Uniform trousers, but the sizing is snug and legs only standard length 30". I ordered two sizes and swapped the one pair at my own cost.

My First Words Let's Get Talking
My First Words Let's Get Talking
by DK
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars little fella loves this, 19 Dec. 2013
Sons favourite book, loads of photos of real things in a variety of themes. Definitely worthwhile purchasing & seemed to help him grasp his words.

Spotify (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Spotify (Kindle Tablet Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing I've downloaded yet, 28 Nov. 2012
Simply great. It's variety of music is pretty good- I have found some holes in my personal selections but it shakes things up a little from iPod/genius as you don't have to download. I don't normally subscribe to things either but this I think is worth the subs.

Page: 1 | 2