Profile for Mrs. R. Mayer > Reviews

Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident
Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident
Price: 3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 1 Oct 2013
Loved the first novel in the series, but am rather disappointed by the second. Wading through the dense descriptions of fairy warfare (machinery/weapons/tactical manoeuvres) became a tad tedious for me - I wanted more of the plot to be driven by the brilliant character of Artemis. Readable, but won't buy the next in the series now.

Silver Hill: Book 3 (The adventures of Jack Brenin)
Silver Hill: Book 3 (The adventures of Jack Brenin)
Price: 4.19

4.0 out of 5 stars A Superb Series, 1 Oct 2013
A superb series for younger readers who are keen to learn about Mr H Potter, but are not quite ready for the scarier bits. My 6 year old has adored all 4 of these novels and we will certainly buy the 5th, though I might want a break from Camelin's obsession with food by then.

Bissell Cleanview Powerbrush Carpet Cleaner
Bissell Cleanview Powerbrush Carpet Cleaner
Price: 187.50

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so great, 1 Oct 2013
So far, so great - only used once, but way better than previous make (Vac) - much lighter and did a far superior job. Very happy so far.

Alex (Verhoeven Trilogy 1)
Alex (Verhoeven Trilogy 1)
Price: 3.08

4.0 out of 5 stars A challenging read, 1 Oct 2013
Cleverly crafted plot to challenge the reader's assumptions about character. Helpful juxtapositioning of lighter and darker scenes, particularly in terms of enabling the reader to put down this gripping novel and sleep. Loved the twists and turns - not exactly a pleasure to read, but certainly a memorable one.

The Lost Treasure of Annwn: Book 4 (Jack Brenin)
The Lost Treasure of Annwn: Book 4 (Jack Brenin)
Price: 4.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Loving the series, 1 Oct 2013
A great magical adventure for those still too young for Mr Potter. My daughter loves this series, although Camelin's food obsession can get a little tiresome for the reader after 3 books.

Zoggs Cottesloe Girls  Sportsback - Navy, 8-9 years
Zoggs Cottesloe Girls Sportsback - Navy, 8-9 years
Offered by Millet Sports
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 22 Sep 2013
Perfect for school - great quality as promised and first rate customer service when the item was discovered to be out of stock initially.

Sebo X4PET Automatic Vacuum Cleaner,  Black-Silver 1300W
Sebo X4PET Automatic Vacuum Cleaner, Black-Silver 1300W
Price: 249.99

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 21 Aug 2013
Wow! If only I had known about this hoover years ago.
Having struggled for years with heavy, inefficient machines, I did my research and invested in this Sebo. Amazing. It is light and easy to manoeuvre, which means it's taken hours off the housework, but most importantly it works brilliantly - no more dog or cat hair, just immaculate carpets in half the time and with half the effort. I would definitely buy this product again and have recommended it to everyone I know. You will never know how useless your old hoover is, until you get one of these.

Makura Mouthguard / Gum Shield - Polar White/Cooled Blue - Junior (Age 11 & Under)
Offered by Only Sportsgear
Price: 7.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 28 Jun 2013
This review is from: Makura Junior Mouthguard (Misc.)
Bought for 6yr old daughter for Tae Kwon Do sparring.
It's fine (a tiny bit large), but she is happy with it for the 15 mins she wears it - it doesn't fall out or cause any discomfort.
I'd recommend this and buy it again.

Little Red Riding Hood/Caperucita Roja (Brighter Child: Keepsake Stories (Bilingual))
by Tammie Speer Lyon
Price: 2.38

4.0 out of 5 stars great little resource, 7 Dec 2010
As a language teacher of young children aged 3 and above, I find this series of bi-lingual tales quite helpful. I don't always stick to the exact translation (sometimes simplifying it), but it provides an excellent framework for traditional stories that are familiar to the children and therefore facilitate story-telling in another language! My advice: don't just stick to the text, get your little ones to act out the key phrases and interact with the pictures too. My little girl asks me to read the English version first to reassure her and then we move on to the Spanish/French in small doses, but always trying to bring it to life in additional ways - we made a wolf mask for her teddy and used him to help tell the story!

The Gingerbread Man/El Hombre de Pan de Jengibre (Brighter Child)
The Gingerbread Man/El Hombre de Pan de Jengibre (Brighter Child)
by Doug Bowles
Price: 2.33

4.0 out of 5 stars great little resource, 7 Dec 2010
As a language teacher of young children aged 3 and above, I find this series of bi-lingual tales quite helpful. I don't always stick to the exact translation (sometimes simplifying it), but it provides an excellent framework for traditional stories that are familiar to the children and therefore facilitate story-telling in another language! My advice: don't just stick to the text, get your little ones to act out the key phrases and interact with the pictures too. My little girl asks me to read the English version first to reassure her and then we move on to the Spanish/French in small doses, but always trying to bring it to life in additional ways - decorating and eating gingerbread men afterwards goes down a treat!

Page: 1 | 2