ARRAY(0xb7da9c78)

Profile for GeofM > Reviews

Content by GeofM

GeofM

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Room (Kindle Tablet Edition)
The Room (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Price: 0.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Mar 2014
I really enjoyed this game, although I couldn't find a way of modifying the sound level without modifying it for all Kindle apps. That didn't spoil it for me but it did mean that I was interfering with other family members' activities if I left the Kindle sound level at what I prefer for other apps.

The Room Two (Kindle Tablet Edition)
The Room Two (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Mar 2014
Avery enjoyable game. Plenty of interest and, with one exception, excellent graphics. The exception is the contrast in a couple of places. I had to modify the brightness on my Kindle up to its maximum setting in order to see some of the symbols necessary to make progress. Once I did this everything proceeded well, as it had done in the rest of the game.

Canon PIXMA MG4250 All-in-One Colour Printer (Print, Scan, Copy, Wi-Fi and Auto Duplex)
Offered by ILGS - I Love Going Shopping
Price: 61.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and problem free so far, 6 Feb 2014
I bought the product as a result of a good independent review. I was satisfied with what I got. Installation was easy, product quality was good and printed output is good quality. I don't yet have data on the ink cost per page, but I have used it for a number of pages of black and multi-colour prints and can't see any sign of the ink levels going down quickly. I am very pleased with it so far.

Rama: The Omnibus
Rama: The Omnibus
Price: 9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars OK. The first book is the best., 28 Dec 2013
This review is from: Rama: The Omnibus (Kindle Edition)
I agree with a number of the other reviews. The first book is by far the best. The second maintains the SciFi theme reasonably well, but the others are minimal SciFi and more general stories. The proof-reading failures did not seem as bad to me as some of the other reviewers found them.

Kodak 3952363 KODAK Black Ink Cartridge 30XL
Kodak 3952363 KODAK Black Ink Cartridge 30XL
Offered by Ink Jungle Ltd. (VAT Receipt Supplied)
Price: 11.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 28 Dec 2013
A value for money purchase. I have bought from this supplier before and had no problems. The ink goes a long way, but I haven't counted the total pages achieved..

Hercule Poirot 3-Book Collection 1: The Mysterious Affair at Styles, The Murder on the Links, Poirot Investigates
Price: 9.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 28 Dec 2013
A value for money purchase. It was interesting to compare the original stories with the plot lines on the TV versions. I was happy with both.

Sizzling Quilts from a Simple Block
Sizzling Quilts from a Simple Block
by Anita Hallock

5.0 out of 5 stars A present worth buying, 28 Dec 2013
I bought this as a present for my wife. It came quickly - good for the Christmas season. It was something she had seen elsewhere and was pleased with it.

BBC Sport (Kindle Tablet Edition)
BBC Sport (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 28 Dec 2013
Ideal for my needs. No problems in using it. Does similar things to what you can do on the BBC web site, but gets to the sports stuff quicker.

Roberts Sound38 CD/DAB/FM Stereo Clock Radio with CD Bookmark
Roberts Sound38 CD/DAB/FM Stereo Clock Radio with CD Bookmark
Price: 89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great - just what I wanted, 12 Dec 2013
This device provides just the features I wanted, It comes with a clear manual. I feared that its filament aerial might not work well where I wanted to use the device (I have had trouble with other radios), but it was fine. No problems to report.

Humax HDR-1010S Freesat Freetime 1TB Receiver with Built-In Wi-Fi
Humax HDR-1010S Freesat Freetime 1TB Receiver with Built-In Wi-Fi
Price: 249.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Good,but what about a proper user manual?, 12 Dec 2013
This device arrived OK, was easy to set up using the small instruction leaflet provided and freesat operations are reasonably described in the manual for that. The picture quality is as good as other reviews suggest and the only problem I have is with the operation of the sound control - and I think that may be my TV rather than this device.
So far so good - but ....
The only connections described in the accompanying paperwork are the HD, aerial socket and mains plug. There are numerous other connectors which look like connectors you find on other devices and what may be a slot for a smart card - but there is no documentation to confirm what they are really for. Imagine buying a car which doesn't describe which buttons and switches operate which of the car's devices.
Try to switch on the radio and the wipers start. Try locking the doors and the emergency indicators flash. Try the brakes and ... it doesn't bear thinking about.
When I got round their diabolical web site to complain I got an email back telling me to contact them if I needed to know how any of the sockets work. I want a proper manual I can look up whenever I need it - not a multi-day wait for a response to an email query.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4