Profile for Lynda J. Christian > Reviews

Womens Waterproof Armoured Motorcycle Trousers 24R
Offered by Bike-Wear-Direct
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm, comfortable and worth it., 30 May 2014
Beautifully warm, fits my rather odd shape quite well but the material is very stiff so walking is a little difficult for me. I hope I never need to report how they protected me in an accident but I am certain they would do the job extremely well. Cannot say how they do in wet weather as not experienced any yet. I am not very tall so they are a tad longer than perfect but this has not detracted from the safety in any way.

Sandisk SDSDQM-032G-B35 - microSDHC 32GB Card Only
Sandisk SDSDQM-032G-B35 - microSDHC 32GB Card Only
Offered by Fone-Mart
Price: 12.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says, 30 May 2014
Good buy for me, it has extended my phone's memory greatly. Happily I had no need for the carrier but it is nice to have it included if you needed it.

The Manx Family Tree; a Guide to Records in the Isle of Man
The Manx Family Tree; a Guide to Records in the Isle of Man
by Janet Narasimham

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 30 May 2014
This is a small book of A6 size with sixty pages but packed full of useful information. Not a book for reading but one for a family history researcher. What makes this book better than many is the help that is given if you cannot find what you are looking for and a logical and reasonable explanation as to why it may be missing. I really like this book because you can do a great deal of research on line then make plans to consult original documents before going over to the island to check the archives.

Visco Therapy Memory Foam and Reflex Zone Mattress with Micro Quilted Maxi-Cool Cover and 1 Fibre Pillow, Single, 3 ft, 90 x 190 cm
Offered by World of Beds
Price: 56.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Firm and supportive, 30 May 2014
I am very happy with this mattress. It comes with a zip off cover so it can be laundered. Others have noted a strong chemical smell which is slow to leave but that has not been my experience. In fairness, once it was unwrapped, there was a strong smell but after three days airing in a room with an open window it has mostly gone. Once the bedding was put on any residual smell had disappeared. I have recently suffered from an acute lumbar spine problem and this is the reason the mattress was purchased. I am happy to report that my back has improved greatly since using this mattress which is supported by slats on a bed frame. It is very firm but also very comfortable.

All My Love, Samples Later: My Mother, My Father, and Our Family That Almost Was. A Story of Life and War. (Kindle Single)

5.0 out of 5 stars Poignant account of a son discovering his father, 5 April 2014
A child who lost his father during the attack on Pearl Harbour is moved by letters exchanged between his parents and is drawn into uncovering the man his father was. The journey he embarks on exposes him to unexpected emotions as, eventually the final moments of his father's life become known to him and he meets the people who knew him. The saddest part is the effect of subsequent events as his mum reconstructs their lives after the loss of her husband.

Crocs Women's Mercy Work Black/Silver Casual 10876-067-440 5 UK
Crocs Women's Mercy Work Black/Silver Casual 10876-067-440 5 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Snug fit for wide feet, 18 Mar 2014
I love these Crocs, bought for work, supremely comfortable and durable. Easily cleaned. I have very wide feet and so these particular Crocs are a very snug fit. I have to wear very thin socks with them as the lack of air holes means foot perspiration (which my socks soak up). Occasionally they squeak against the floor when walking but that is probably due to the products used to clean the floor - otherwise they are silent. The slightly snug fit is the only reason for the 4 stars but I shall certainly be buying another pair in due course.

High Visibility Motorcycle Jacket - Waterproof Thermal Vented & Armoured (46")
High Visibility Motorcycle Jacket - Waterproof Thermal Vented & Armoured (46")
Offered by Bikers Gear
Price: 97.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Give this jacket a second look as it is well worth it., 18 Mar 2014
I have worn my jacket only a few times but for extended periods. It fits as I expected it to - I am small in height but not in girth - and gives plenty of room to move in. The cuffs can be adjusted to size using the velcro fastening and the arms are adjusted using the tabs above and below the elbow which also secures the elbow padding in place. Also the belt is adjustable to cinch it in at the waist if you need to. Zippers are sturdy and are able to be used even when wearing gloves. When fastening the jacket the right flap covers the zip with a little extra folded back ensuring water doesn't creep through; then the left flap is secured over this with a full length velcro strip and poppers. I have not used it in the rain yet so cannot comment on waterproofing. The times I've used my jacket the weather has been cold, blustery and damp but I've remained snug and warm wearing just a T shirt beneath it. On the few occasions when the sun has appeared, I have been very comfortable without the 'clammy' feeling one can get when wearing a waterproof closed up. When travelling at traffic speed, the jacket performs equally well without any drafts or discomfort. A first class product at a sensible price. I am hoping never to have to test the protective features but I am confident they will provide a reasonable measure of protection.

My-Link USB CRYSTAL 3 fans Cooler Pad for Laptop, notebook, Xbox, Etc.
My-Link USB CRYSTAL 3 fans Cooler Pad for Laptop, notebook, Xbox, Etc.
Offered by TOPCITY
Price: 3.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Quiet running, 13 Mar 2014
I wanted something to raise my xbox which space constraints means I have to place over my TV box. This does the job excellently and it means that both electrical items are kept cool. The pad runs almost silently but there is no way of turning it off without unplugging it from the appliance that is the only reason I have given it 4 stars.

Pack of Random MIxed Assorted Buttons, approx 75g
Pack of Random MIxed Assorted Buttons, approx 75g
Offered by The Bead and Button Company
Price: 4.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Unusual and plenty of them., 13 Mar 2014
Bought as a gift, the recipient loves them, especially that they are unusual and that there are sufficient of the same for sets to be made up. Will be happy to have more.

Jasmine Silk Pure Silk Gloves Thermal Liner Glove Inner Ski Bike Cycle Gloves (Small)
Offered by Jasmine Silk
Price: 7.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value., 13 Mar 2014
These gloves are beautifully made. All seams are flat stitched and cause no issues. The cuff is stretchy and comfortable and the whole glove extends well over the wrist. The silk fabric is slightly stretchy and as with any silk it is prone to pulls and snags so keep away from velcro especially. Cared for, these gloves should give a long service.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10