Profile for Matthew > Reviews

Shadow Line
Shadow Line
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable:He is a genius., 16 April 2014
This review is from: Shadow Line (Kindle Edition)
This is a must read author, but be sure to read them in chronological order. You won't regret it, believe me.

The Second Coming (The Sterling Killer Mysteries Book 1)
The Second Coming (The Sterling Killer Mysteries Book 1)
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read: Questionable spelling., 1 April 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this, it's like Jack Reacher in Angels And Demons (minus the violence). But the constant spelling mistakes were an unwelcome distraction. The publishers obviously didn't acquire the services of a proof reader. That said, I would still recommend it to anyone.

The Last 10 Seconds: (Tina Boyd 5)
The Last 10 Seconds: (Tina Boyd 5)
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Roller Coaster Ride, 13 Nov 2012
Absolutely brilliant! Fast action, fast paced, non stop adrenaline rush. This has more twists and turns than a roller coaster on spaghetti junction.

Life and Laughing: My Story
Life and Laughing: My Story
by Michael McIntyre
Price: 16.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving, interesting and, most importantly, ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!, 22 Oct 2010
I was surprised when I heard that Michael McIntyre was releasing this book as he is only in his early thirties but God he's had an action packed life!

It was really intriguing to find out how he met his wife Kitty and, at the same time, his struggle to become one of Britian's best loved comedians!

From coping with the death of his father to retelling hilarious anecdotes about the loss of his virginity, trying to attract girls and his legendary grandma this book is a must-read!

He certainly deserves the title "The King of Comedy"!

Oh, Carol!
Oh, Carol!
by Carol McGiffin

4.0 out of 5 stars Honest and extremely cheeky!, 31 Aug 2010
This review is from: Oh, Carol! (Hardcover)
This book is typical Carol McGiffin! Oh, Carol! is a no-holds-barred account of a roller-coaster life from a unique woman!

Why Do I Say These Things?
Why Do I Say These Things?
by Jonathan Ross
Price: 7.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Stop Laughing, 31 Aug 2010
Having been a big fan of Jonathan Ross I read this autobiography and adored it! It usually takes me to read a 300 page autobiography but I read this 377 page book within four days - I couldn't put it down. At times a bit too honest but hey, that's Jonathan, isn't it? He admits himself on the second page that Why Do I Say These Things? isn't a memoir as such but is just a collection of memories and anecdotes. Plus, anyone having seen the title and expecting a recount of the Andrew Sachs scandal will be disappointed as Sachs isn't mentioned once. A must buy!

Robert Lindsay Letting Go
Robert Lindsay Letting Go
by Robert Lindsay
Price: 18.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite entertaining!, 31 Aug 2010
Perhaps it's because I'm fourteen but I found Letting Go a bit of a struggle (the book!). Most people know him more from Citizen Smith, GBH or, more recently, My Family (as I do) but about two thirds of this book is filled with name-dropping and stage work. Not exactly what I expected but nevertheless not a terrible book!

Good Times!
Good Times!
by Justin Lee Collins
Price: 17.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny!, 31 Aug 2010
This review is from: Good Times! (Hardcover)
Justin's unique comedy shines through in this memoir, providing the reader with hilarious anecdotes and an often moving look at his life!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 20, 2011 9:22 PM BST

Look who it is!: My Story
Look who it is!: My Story
by Alan Carr
Price: 5.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Very amusing!, 31 Aug 2010
For anyone who's a fan of Alan Carr's work you will adore this book! Alan provides a tongue in cheek, amusing and sometimes moving insight in to his life. From growing up in Northampton to going on a round-the-world trip and catching a bug you will never get bored of this book!