Profile for A. J. S. > Reviews

Content by A. J. S.

A. J. S. (Suffolk, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
50 Printed iron-on School Name Tapes Name Tags Labels SEND MESSAGE WITH DETAILS AFTER ORDERING
Offered by Woven Labels UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Stick with these!, 29 Jun. 2015
I bought these to label clothes for my elderly mother when she went into a residential home. They are so easy to use - such a relief not to have to sew. The iron must be very hot for them to work but you can still put them on more delicate fabrics if you use a cloth. I would definitely use them again.

Artway A3 Soft Back Sketchbook with 130gsm Quality Cartridge Paper
Artway A3 Soft Back Sketchbook with 130gsm Quality Cartridge Paper

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality paper...., 25 May 2015
I bought this sketchbook for a beginners observational drawing class. It was perfect size and quality for what I wanted but the only thing is when you draw you need to have the book up in front of you. The cover has no backboard so you would need something suitable to lean on.

Russell Hobbs 14178 Travel Kettle with Boil Dry Protection
Russell Hobbs 14178 Travel Kettle with Boil Dry Protection

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute kettle does a great job..., 25 May 2015
This is a great little kettle and the cups and spoons are a useful addition. The kettle is quiet and boils fairly quickly, it is also very light. One small thing to note is that the cable is very short so you would need a suitably placed socket.

Breville VTT375 Polished Stainless Steel 2-Slice Toaster
Breville VTT375 Polished Stainless Steel 2-Slice Toaster

3.0 out of 5 stars Breville for breakfast...., 25 May 2015
This toaster is very light weight and was purchased as a replacement for my old Breville. It does a reasonable job but I find it best to use a low setting and frequently turn the bread for an even colour. It has a very short lead which you may find limiting unless you have a convenient socket. The one thing to note is that it gets EXTREMELY HOT at the top and if you have children that like to make you breakfast you may be better off choosing another toaster. I have burnt myself a few times!

Apple iPad Mini 16GB Wi-Fi (Black&Slate)
Apple iPad Mini 16GB Wi-Fi (Black&Slate)
Offered by UK Supply Source

5.0 out of 5 stars iLove my iPad....., 14 Dec. 2014
I love my iPad and since it arrived I have hardly put it down. My laptop was getting old and slow and it has been such a relief to be able to hop on the Internet in seconds and do a quick email check. I have whatever app that takes my fancy and it's great for downloading from iTunes. All very convenient. I love listening to music on the go and that is the only slight downside - carrying it around. My phone is android so my music isn't on all my devices. Despite that I would certainly recommend iPad mini, it has so much going for it.

Sony XDR-S40 DAB/DAB+/FM Ultra Compact Digital Radio - Black
Sony XDR-S40 DAB/DAB+/FM Ultra Compact Digital Radio - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab little Dab..., 14 Dec. 2014
I bought this radio for my 89 year old mother who is hard of hearing. She loves listening to plays and couldn't hear well enough with her existing radio which sat on the table beside her. She needed something light which was also easy to use. This little radio is well made, lightweight and easy to tune in. Because of her hearing issue I gave her a set of earphones so the sound goes directly into her ears. She is managing really well and wonders why we didn't do this ages ago! I would definitely recommend this affordable little radio whatever your age!

Speed Your Love
Speed Your Love
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Burton at her best...., 14 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Speed Your Love (Audio CD)
This has to be one of my favourite albums. Cathy Burton has one of the most amazing voices I've ever heard! I have several of her other albums and I love them all but this album seems extra special somehow. As I listened to each track I found something in it which spoke directly to me, Cathy has such a gift with lyrics and vocally she is just awesome! If you already like her you will love this and if you've never heard her before start listening now - you won't regret it.

PP9 - Beautiful Mohter of Peal Abalone Butterlfy Necklace 18 inch in Gift Bag
PP9 - Beautiful Mohter of Peal Abalone Butterlfy Necklace 18 inch in Gift Bag
Offered by DZYNA

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful butterflies but....., 14 Dec. 2014
I intended to buy this as a present for a friend but decided not to give it to her. It is beautiful and well made but there is one particular problem with it. When you put it on the butterflies twist about and they are difficult to place. It does eventually lay flat but how long it would stay flat with the shell side of the butterflies uppermost is anybody's guess. I liked it enough to keep it and will probably wear it on special occasions. I was disappointed as I felt I couldn't give it as a present because of that one issue.

August DTV905 - 9" Portable Freeview TV - Small Screen LCD Television with Multimedia Player - Digital TV for Bedroom, Kitchen, Caravan... - Battery (Internal) or Mains Powered
Offered by Daffodil UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous free view....., 14 Dec. 2014
I bought this TV as a present for a friend who has to spend long periods of time in bed. They wanted something light weight and totally portable so this seemed ideal. The initial tune in was very easy and quick and the picture is really good and clear. We tuned it in using the main TV ariel and that is what is used all the time, how good the little ariel would be we don't know but for us it isn't an issue. I would definitely recommend this to other friends and family.

Mr Snugs cat shelter
Mr Snugs cat shelter

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Pet Pod!, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Mr Snugs cat shelter (Misc.)
I bought this pet pod for a stray cat that came into my garden. I couldn't adopt him into my home because of my very nervous cat. The pet pod seemed perfect because it was plenty big enough and easy to keep clean. It was sturdy enough to withstand our recent windy weather. I positioned it in a secluded place in a big clump of bamboo where he was already sleeping. I put a soft blanket inside it and he used it from day one! I often find him curled up in there warm and dry. A really great buy!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3