Profile for A. J. S. > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Logic3 i-Station Traveller - Portable Speakers For MP3 & iPod - Silver
Logic3 i-Station Traveller - Portable Speakers For MP3 & iPod - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Logic!, 2 Sept. 2011
I am really pleased with these portable speakers. I wondered how good they would be and was surprised at the quality of the sound. I use it for my ipod touch and for my MP3. The only thing is that when you first put the ipod on the the middle section (where the batteries go) it does slip around quite a lot, but when it's in place on the shelf its great.

I actually prefer using my MP3 with it because you just move the speakers together and it holds steady. I also purchased the compatible mains lead because I knew I would use loads of batteries. It works really well on batteries though. There is a bright blue light coming from one of the speakers so it does illuminate the room somewhat if you are trying to go to sleep! Small detail - I would definitely recommend this to a friend.

4 x COMPATIBLE Printer Ink Cartridges T0715 for Epson S20 S21 SX105 SX110 SX115 SX200 SX205 SX210 SX215 SX218 SX400FW SX405 SX410 SX415 SX515W SX600FW SX610FW D120 D78 D92 DX4000 DX4050 DX4400 DX4450 DX5000 DX5050 DX6000 DX6050 DX7000F DX7400 DX7450 DX8400 DX7450 DX9400 DX9400F B40W BX300F BX310FN BX600FW BX610FW. E-715 / T-715
Offered by Cartridges Kingdom

4.0 out of 5 stars Completely Compatible!, 2 Sept. 2011
I'm really pleased with these cartridges I got for my Epson SX115. I was worried that they wouldn't fit but if you follow the instructions and remove the plastic tab if it says to, for your particular model of printer, its ok. I take quite a few photos and was concerned that the colours may be a bit less than ok, but I was pleased with the quality so I would buy these again.

Folding Solid Wood Notebook Laptop Table, Adjustable Height & Angle Laptop Food Bed Lap Top Tray Table Desk, FBT02-Sch

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch Table!, 2 Sept. 2011
I took a long time choosing which bed table to buy and I am very pleased with my choice. I like to study in comfort which means on my bed in the afternoons! The table has an adjustable table top so you can angle it up to support a large heavy book. There is a detachable bar across the bottom to stop the book slipping down. The side draw is useful for holding rubbers and sharpeners etc that always get lost! It is sturdy and well made and can take the weight of my laptop with ease.

The only minor thing is that when you get it out of the box there is a strong paint/wood smell but it does wear off after about a week. I aired it out in the spair room with the window open. It's fine now! I would recommend it.

A Celebration of Gluten Free Baking
A Celebration of Gluten Free Baking
by Inge Harris

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so much of a celebration!, 30 July 2011
I was disappointed with this book for a couple of reasons: Firstly it is written using the American cup system for measuring out ingredients (although it does give the amount in gramms in most cases). I guess I'm just old fashioned when it comes to it. I still work in pounds and ounces! The other thing is that there are some very strange ingredients, who knew that camu camu powder existed? I was also plain out of Kudzu root - don't you just hate that when that happens?

If you were hoping for a book that was pretty straight forward in replacing just a few ingredients to make gluten free baking easier - you may be better off choosing a different book. You may just decide it is exactly what you want if you are the adventurous type. Happy baking!

2 x Folding Fishing Camping Outdoor Hiking Stools Navy
2 x Folding Fishing Camping Outdoor Hiking Stools Navy

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for fishermen!, 30 July 2011
This little stool is stronger than it looks and is very light weight too. It comes with a handy carrying bag. I use it in the garden or when I go on a long walk - you never know when you find a nice spot to sketch or simply enjoy the view! I'm very pleased with it and would recommend it to anyone.

God's Dustbin Kid
God's Dustbin Kid
by Maggie Boon

5.0 out of 5 stars God's Dustbin Kid - Recycling at its best!, 30 July 2011
This review is from: God's Dustbin Kid (Paperback)
I loved reading God's Dustbin Kid. There is a constant humerous thread throughout, written in a light easy to read style. An honest re-telling of a life lived in the fast lane! Maggie's school days antics; her journey into music, (playing in various bands) and eventual dramatic conversion to Christianity make for a compulsive read! There is a frank account about her mother's death, her stint living in a Christian Community and her eventual entry into nursing.

Add into the mix a battle with M.E, various other health problems and a life constantly in persuit of God and you get a book worthy of a place on your book shelf! Who knew God could do so much with a life? I'm sure this book would help anybody struggling to make sense of this journey we all call life; and as Maggie says 'What does one do when sorrow and tragedy crash in from all sides? Sometimes, we can only batten down the hatches and wait for the storm to pass, as it surely will in due time.' I think this book is a cracking read!

Battery Powered Automatic Electronic Bubble Gun Toy With Bubbles
Battery Powered Automatic Electronic Bubble Gun Toy With Bubbles
Offered by GreatDeals4you

4.0 out of 5 stars Bubble Fun and then some!, 22 Jan. 2011
I bought this gun for a friend. She wanted to use it with a group of young children. It went down a storm, they loved it! They all took turns using it and it was an opportunity for them to understand sharing, turn taking etc. Although this bubble gun has now gone to meet it's maker, it did last much longer than I thought it would, was used by many children who weren't necessarily that gentle with it either! If you are buying this for your child, they will get many hours of enjoyment out of it! Great fun for mum and dad too!

Cat play tunnel
Cat play tunnel

5.0 out of 5 stars Tunnel Of Love!, 22 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Cat play tunnel
I chose this cat tunnel because it wasn't expensive and my cat is funny to say the least. I didn't know if she'd take to it but she absolutely loves it. She flies in and out of it many times a day and she loves rolling along inside it and moving it around. She gets incredibly excited and goes mad for the pom poms. I haven't packed it away since the day we got it. I take it away at night because she is a chewer and would probably chew the plastic ties off! She looks for it in the mornings and can't wait to play! It's the best thing I've bought her by far!

Blister pack: Donic coloured table tennis balls. 3 (or 4) colours only: pack of 6
Offered by Only Sportsgear

5.0 out of 5 stars Ping Pong Power!, 22 Jan. 2011
What can I say about Upfront Jazzy Table Tennis balls? Well, they are highly visible, fly across the floor with amazing speed, and my cat loves them! Oh and by the way, you can actually play table tennis with them! They came really well packed, I was concerned they might get damaged in transit but they didn't.

Burn Out
Burn Out

5.0 out of 5 stars Burn Out is Brilliant!, 16 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Burn Out (MP3 Download)
I'm so glad I bought this - I play it nearly every day. I love Cathy Burton, she has such a beautiful voice and what ever mood I'm in, there is something that speaks to me. This always lifts me if I'm down or if I'm happy, it celebrates with me. I intend to buy something else of hers. I've got source of every hour too, which I really love. What's next? I don't know, but if they're all this good, it won't matter much!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3