Profile for A. J. S. > Reviews

Mr Snugs cat shelter
Mr Snugs cat shelter
Offered by The Ark Pet Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Pet Pod!, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Mr Snugs cat shelter (Misc.)
I bought this pet pod for a stray cat that came into my garden. I couldn't adopt him into my home because of my very nervous cat. The pet pod seemed perfect because it was plenty big enough and easy to keep clean. It was sturdy enough to withstand our recent windy weather. I positioned it in a secluded place in a big clump of bamboo where he was already sleeping. I put a soft blanket inside it and he used it from day one! I often find him curled up in there warm and dry. A really great buy!

Paperchase A5 kraft landscape scrapbook
Paperchase A5 kraft landscape scrapbook
Offered by Paperchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for purpose, 20 Oct 2013
I bought this to use as a memory book/photo album. Although this scrapbook looks plain, it actually works very well as a background colour for photos etc. The paper is good quality and the outer cover is too. I used special scrapbook, photo safe glue which worked a treat. I decorated the front cover and was pleased with the finished result. The bow is a nice touch and adds a final detail to your project. I would buy one of these sturdy little books again.

Fantasy Hobby Horse Starshine Lilac Brand New
Fantasy Hobby Horse Starshine Lilac Brand New
Offered by Ray Online BIZ

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot to trot!, 20 Oct 2013
I bought two of these to give to a friend who works with children. They were very well received and the children seemed thrilled to bits with them. The horses are well made and they come in various colours so both boys and girls could find a favourite! They make a lovely horsey noise and galloping sound which is quite loud enough, once the battery runs out in the sealed unit you cannot replace it apparently, but this hasn't happened yet! I would recommend these as they are good quality and not too expensive. Great fun!

" SRC" Solar Reflective Coated 66" width x 72" drop, Blackout Thermal Curtain Lining. ***Now Includes 20 Curtain Hooks ***
Offered by The Linen Depot

3.0 out of 5 stars Not fabulous but they do the job, 1 Jun 2013
I bought these to block out the early morning light from one of my bedrooms. They were fairly easy to attach to my existing curtains and they did come with some hooks ( not nearly enough). The thing is the overall quality was not great - the side seams were not straight and the cord that you pull through to adjust the fullness was very fragile. On one of the liners the cord was actually broken half way across the curtain so I could not adjust half the curtain! I did not contact the supplier because I didn't open them for about a month! A mistake I wouldn't make again. The bottom line is if you are a light sleeper and are going spare waking up at 4 am take a risk but examine them for faults immediately. They are cheap and cheerful but if you're not too fussy and value sleep more than ascetics give them a go!

October 20th: Just thought I would update as I have been using these curtain liners all through the summer. They have made a huge difference to the quality of sleep - it's so much easier to go back to sleep without that early morning sun streaming in! So after all is said and done I would buy another pair!

eLifeStore® Purple iPad mini Stand Leather Case Cover Multi-Function Flip Stand Pouch with Auto Sleep / Wake Feature

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little case, 1 Jun 2013
I bought this at the same time I got my iPad mini. I think it is great considering It isn't expensive. I wanted to protect my iPad from day one and this case does the job well. It's easy to use and flips into position when you want to use the key pad. The only minor gripe is that the screen protector isn't fantastic but it does the job and its certainly worth buying as a starter case until you know what you want. I would certainly recommend it to family and friends.

Logic3 i-Station Traveller - Portable Speakers For MP3 & iPod - Silver
Logic3 i-Station Traveller - Portable Speakers For MP3 & iPod - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Logic!, 2 Sep 2011
I am really pleased with these portable speakers. I wondered how good they would be and was surprised at the quality of the sound. I use it for my ipod touch and for my MP3. The only thing is that when you first put the ipod on the the middle section (where the batteries go) it does slip around quite a lot, but when it's in place on the shelf its great.

I actually prefer using my MP3 with it because you just move the speakers together and it holds steady. I also purchased the compatible mains lead because I knew I would use loads of batteries. It works really well on batteries though. There is a bright blue light coming from one of the speakers so it does illuminate the room somewhat if you are trying to go to sleep! Small detail - I would definitely recommend this to a friend.

4 x COMPATIBLE Printer Ink Cartridges T0715 for Epson S20 S21 SX105 SX110 SX115 SX200 SX205 SX210 SX215 SX218 SX400FW SX405 SX410 SX415 SX515W SX600FW SX610FW D120 D78 D92 DX4000 DX4050 DX4400 DX4450 DX5000 DX5050 DX6000 DX6050 DX7000F DX7400 DX7450 DX8400 DX7450 DX9400 DX9400F B40W BX300F BX310FN BX600FW BX610FW. E-715 / T-715
Offered by DinkyCartridges™

4.0 out of 5 stars Completely Compatible!, 2 Sep 2011
I'm really pleased with these cartridges I got for my Epson SX115. I was worried that they wouldn't fit but if you follow the instructions and remove the plastic tab if it says to, for your particular model of printer, its ok. I take quite a few photos and was concerned that the colours may be a bit less than ok, but I was pleased with the quality so I would buy these again.

Folding Solid Wood Notebook Laptop Table, Adjustable Height & Angle Laptop Food Bed Lap Top Tray Table Desk, FBT02-Sch

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch Table!, 2 Sep 2011
I took a long time choosing which bed table to buy and I am very pleased with my choice. I like to study in comfort which means on my bed in the afternoons! The table has an adjustable table top so you can angle it up to support a large heavy book. There is a detachable bar across the bottom to stop the book slipping down. The side draw is useful for holding rubbers and sharpeners etc that always get lost! It is sturdy and well made and can take the weight of my laptop with ease.

The only minor thing is that when you get it out of the box there is a strong paint/wood smell but it does wear off after about a week. I aired it out in the spair room with the window open. It's fine now! I would recommend it.

A Celebration of Gluten Free Baking
A Celebration of Gluten Free Baking
by Inge Harris

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so much of a celebration!, 30 July 2011
I was disappointed with this book for a couple of reasons: Firstly it is written using the American cup system for measuring out ingredients (although it does give the amount in gramms in most cases). I guess I'm just old fashioned when it comes to it. I still work in pounds and ounces! The other thing is that there are some very strange ingredients, who knew that camu camu powder existed? I was also plain out of Kudzu root - don't you just hate that when that happens?

If you were hoping for a book that was pretty straight forward in replacing just a few ingredients to make gluten free baking easier - you may be better off choosing a different book. You may just decide it is exactly what you want if you are the adventurous type. Happy baking!

2 x Folding Fishing Camping Outdoor Hiking Stools Navy
2 x Folding Fishing Camping Outdoor Hiking Stools Navy

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for fishermen!, 30 July 2011
This little stool is stronger than it looks and is very light weight too. It comes with a handy carrying bag. I use it in the garden or when I go on a long walk - you never know when you find a nice spot to sketch or simply enjoy the view! I'm very pleased with it and would recommend it to anyone.

Page: 1 | 2