Profile for Mrs J Grebby > Reviews

40 Top Quinoa Recipes For Weight Loss
40 Top Quinoa Recipes For Weight Loss
Price: 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Thank goodness it was free, 31 Aug 2014
It was free - fortunately - since the majority of the recipes are for salads and, if you have even the most basic imagination and can think of adding a tomato, or orange, or pepper, or .... then that's that. Yes, there are a few, very very few, hot dishes and a couple of sweet, but nothing inspiring. I flicked through all 40 recipes and thought "so what?"
This must be aimed at the most basic of cooks who find the concept of 'cook quinoa in milk and water; stir in cinnamon and berries; and eat" a challenge. (This is the essence of the penultimate recipe!)

Pair Waterproof Hiking Climbing Trekking Snow Legging Gaiters Leg Cover (Black)
Pair Waterproof Hiking Climbing Trekking Snow Legging Gaiters Leg Cover (Black)
Offered by Highly One
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent trouser leg protectors, 31 Aug 2014
Bought them to keep my trousers dry when out walking. The straps that go under your shoes can get very muddy. BUT the mud just rinses off easily.

Ladies' Pink Folding Secateurs Gift Set
Ladies' Pink Folding Secateurs Gift Set
Offered by Otherland
Price: 10.87

5.0 out of 5 stars What every walker needs, 31 Aug 2014
I bought this having seen something similar owned by a friend. It was a really useful, small pocket sized, tool to carry when out walking this summer as quite often stiles, gates, and bridges along many footpaths have become over grown with brambles and nettles. It's lovely and sharp and works a treat - although I haven't had any need to use the saw attachment.

6' Ocean Play Snapset Pool (56452)
6' Ocean Play Snapset Pool (56452)
Offered by san direct
Price: 18.41

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost German Shepherd proof, 31 Aug 2014
I bought ours for our 5 month German Shepherd. It didn't quite survive his sharp claws beyond the second week, but since I had some PVC repair tape, he's managed to continue to enjoy it throughout the summer albeit with frequent repairs. But looking on the bright side, once there's a hole, the water drains out and I can give it a clean before repairing and refilling it. And, it beats having to hose him off after he's been in a rather evil smelling natural pond!

RelX Handheld Tally Counter 4 Digit Ref 2410
RelX Handheld Tally Counter 4 Digit Ref 2410
Offered by CZ-Sky [ships from HongKong]
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 29 April 2014
I bought this as a row counter when knitting. It sits in my lap easily to hand and is far easier that the regular row counters specially made for knitters.

The Big Cheese 15g Trap Bait
The Big Cheese 15g Trap Bait
Price: 3.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 29 April 2014
That's it - it does just what it says. Within 20 minutes one of the little blighters was winging its way to mouse heaven.

House of Bathory
House of Bathory
Price: 3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Could do better, 29 April 2014
This review is from: House of Bathory (Kindle Edition)
Quite honestly, I got bored and never finished it. In theory the plot was good, but something was lacking. Not even close to Barbara Erakine, the plot could have been one of her devising but just didn't have the ability to capture my attention. I struggled on, but suddenly realising I'd got over 1/3 of the way without really enjoying it, I gave up.

Sprats, dried fish, for dogs, 200 g
Sprats, dried fish, for dogs, 200 g
Offered by Pet Connection
Price: 6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My puppy loves it, 27 Mar 2014
A friend had purchased some dried sprats and recommended them. I purchased a 200g pack just to see if my puppy liked them - yes, he does!
They are ideal for treats rather than as part of a diet. But, of course, are a bit smelly to carry around in your pocket!

Raw Dog Food: Making It Work for You and Your Dog
Raw Dog Food: Making It Work for You and Your Dog
by Carina Bh Macdonald
Price: 7.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, fun, sensible, 27 Mar 2014
I was recommended going onto a RAW diet when we got our new puppy, but thought I needed to do more research. After reading as much as possible on line, I settled for this book over other, in some instances, more expensive ones.
Ms MacDonald writes in a easily understandable way, and introduces feeding your dog raw meat without blinding the reader with science (yes, the science is there too but written in layman-speak).

niceeshop(TM) Black 8GB Wristband USB Flash Memory Drive
niceeshop(TM) Black 8GB Wristband USB Flash Memory Drive
Offered by niceEshop
Price: 3.59

3.0 out of 5 stars A good gadget, but, 27 Mar 2014
I liked this idea - no more scrabbling in the depths of my handbag for an errant memory stick. But, it's not easy to push the ends together one-handed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5