Profile for Barry > Reviews

Pair & Go Racing Wheel (Wii) - Wii Remote Not Included
Pair & Go Racing Wheel (Wii) - Wii Remote Not Included
Offered by NetsavesUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Great and good price., 10 Jan. 2016
Son loves it - works really well. Nice weight & feel.

Lora Dora Womens Fleece Lounge Pants + Hooded Jumper Set Warm Pyjamas Nightwear Ladies Girls Size UK 6-8 Mint Snowflake
Offered by Lora Dora

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Hit., 10 Jan. 2016
Wife loves it - Daughter desperate to have one too now.

Okra 360° Degree Adjustable Rotating Headrest Car Seat Mount Holder For iPad, Samsung Galaxy,Motorola Xoom, And all Tablets Up To -10.1"
Offered by Crazy Deals Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate only, 10 Jan. 2016
I bought these based on the reviews, however in real life they are not so great - merely adequate. The mount to the headrest is good and solid and does not get loose. The sliding mechanism that holds the tablet does not work well with thin tablets like Sony Xperia Z and I had to pad them out with some spacers. The grip still comes loose while driving and starts to rattle. The central mount point where you screw up to tighten the position of the tablet works ok but still comes loose over time. So overall I would not buy these again and am looking to replace them with something better.

Am-Tech 4-Way Shut Off Manifold
Am-Tech 4-Way Shut Off Manifold

5.0 out of 5 stars Am-Tech 4-Way Shut Off Manifold, 17 Jun. 2015
I ended up buying two of these as they work so well. No leaks at all. Great product.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars A good Tablet at a good price., 23 Jan. 2015
Bought this tablet to supplement another 10 inch one I bought from Amazon over a year ago and which was a bit sluggish.

So overall this is a great tablet for the price. You just cant complain about that and in general use it is excellent.

Pro's: Fast, a lot of memory (which you need in kitkat), responsive, battery life is great, charges quickly, Bluetooth good. It came fully charged and rooted which is handy for cleaning out bloatware (there is not much left on it) and a sign that the vendor is paying attention to give customers a clean working start. It works well with iPlayer, Amazon Prime Instant Video etc. My daughters games are fast and there is enough storage so I'm not constantly cleaning memory. Playing movies hardly drains the battery at all. (I'm using MXplayer with the ARM hardware acceleration).

Con's: Although the screen is fine, the viewing angle is more limited and wifi range poor compared to my other devices. I've had to copy movies into memory to watch them in the bedroom rather than stream them which I can do with my laptop. I will investigate that when I have more time.

So overall a very good tablet for the price.

I would just like to add now some months later that I improved the wifi by opening the case and moving the antenna to the edge of the case - it had been stuck to the battery. This did not improve the bars showing signal strength but I was finally able to stream movies in the bedroom which had been impossible before. So it now works acceptably for wifi.

BEIYI 13.01.02 Dragon Chrome Kitchen Sink Mixer Tap Faucet UK
BEIYI 13.01.02 Dragon Chrome Kitchen Sink Mixer Tap Faucet UK
Offered by Trade In Post Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars ... some concerns - however once unpacked - it looks great, fitting was straightforward and no leaks from the ..., 31 July 2014
Given the price I had some concerns - however once unpacked - it looks great, fitting was straightforward and no leaks from the the hose unions. It is slightly more noisy than my old tap when mixing at the middle setting. It also aerates well.. Good flow and very smooth action. So I'm very pleased.

Samsung Series 5 NP530U4C 14 inch Ultrabook - Silver (Intel Core i5 3317UM 1.7GHz, 6Gb RAM, 500Gb HDD, DVD SuperMulti DL, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Series 5 NP530U4C 14 inch Ultrabook - Silver (Intel Core i..., 14 May 2013
Bought this for £449 which I thought a good price compared to many ultrabooks. As it has a dvd it may not be classed quite as an ultrabook but it is pretty close and I find the DVD a convenience and the few grammes extra weight is not a problem.

I found this easy to get started, very responsive with the ssd cache and i5 chip. I cleared out all the bloatware and removed Samsung's recovery partition. ( I use windows home server ). This cleared valuable disk space and made a new 25gb drive.

I have had no problems at all and wireless speed is fine. I did update drivers via Intel's website rather than Samsung as these seemed the most recent.

Screen is matt which is good though it is obviously not hd quality and movies look better on my 10" android tablet rather than the laptop. Battery life seems excellent. I have it set to only 80% charge via the Samsung utility as this is plugged in a lot of the time and so hopefully will extend battery life.

I have had many laptops and this is the best yet. Great build quality. I think the screen is perhaps the only part that I would have preferred a higher spec - but for the price it is a great bargain.

Immersion Heater Timer - Mechanical 24 hour Timer Switch
Immersion Heater Timer - Mechanical 24 hour Timer Switch
Offered by lowenergysupermarket

5.0 out of 5 stars Immersion Heater Timer - Mechanical 24 hour Timer Switch, 14 May 2013
I've been through a number of different types of timer to control a swimming pool pump and gas heater and this one was definitely the easiest to connect and install. It is also small and unobtrusive. I particularly liked the way you wire the back plate and then the front mechanism just plugs into it.

So far working perfectly.

Panasonic TH-46PZ80B - 46" Widescreen Viera 1080P Full HD Plasma TV - With Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars Panny TH-46PZ80B, 1 Feb. 2009
We are very pleased with this HD plasma from Panasonic. This is the 3rd generation of panasonic plasma I have had and it is superb in terms of colours, black levels and contrast. I have this connected to an upscaling Philips DVD player DVP5990/05 (available on Amazon)and normal DVD come out superb. We also use Divx MP4 video via the philips and that too is fantastic. I just cant see the need for Bluray. There is no doubt this is a great set. The only niggle I have is it is sometimes slow to detect an HDMI signal and switch to the source automatically - but that could be the source and not the panny.