Profile for Salbutamol > Reviews

Energizer CR2430 Pile bouton Lithium 3 V
Energizer CR2430 Pile bouton Lithium 3 V
Offered by Fast Batteries UK

3.0 out of 5 stars It's does what it says, 9 Oct. 2013
By accident (confusing option at amazon checkout) I ordered the wrong battery - needed at 2450 instead of a 2430. However I have managed to get the 2430 work in my device with a bit of cardboard.

So far my device works so it does the job! Can't comment on the lifetime of the battery though.

Delivery and packaging were satisfactory.

Sigma ROX 9 Computer with Heart Rate and Cadence Counter
Sigma ROX 9 Computer with Heart Rate and Cadence Counter

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, barely fit for purpose., 9 Oct. 2013
On paper, this unit seems very good, lots of functionality and when it works, it does the job - just about.

However, since buying this I have had to return the unit back to Sigma in Germany a couple of times due to faults.

Here's the list of outstanding issues I have with it:

- Incompatible with some bike lights (that use PWM for brightness control) - Speed and heart rate is affected. Had to mount the bike computer and light as far away as possible for it to function.
- Computer or Cadence sensor keeps thinking it's a Bike2 speed sensor, despite sending it to Germany to get it fixed. It worked for a while but the same fault is back and it's now out of warranty.
- Timekeeping is not accurate, must unplug from bike when not using it by twisting it and reset time manually if used in the PC cradle for any length of time.
- Speed sensor is affected by cold (less than 0C) conditions
- Altitude is inaccurate.
- Can't set temperature to Celcius and have Miles at the same time.
- Log start button difficult to press as you have to hold it for a few seconds for it to start - difficult with cold hands.
- Can't have heart rate and cadence zoomed in at the same time.
- Some functions are slow to respond. Takes a couple of seconds to react to say setting the altitude to a present and setting another function.
- Limit to number of logs that can be kept regardless of how much memory is used (maybe 50? Have yet to determine.) If too many logs are recorded, you get an error in the software when trying to import the logs. Must delete log entries manually to fix.
- Does not record cadence by design. Sigma say this is due to the memory of the unit, which is rubbish as can just reduce the log time interval for instance.
- Does not save the stopwatch value. Instead only saves the total trip time when not stationary - not useful if you have to stop at traffic lights!
- Software is still very clunky. I have to go through some time consuming options just to download my logs into the PC - there should be single option to do that from the moment you start the program as that's what you do most of the time.

The only plus is if you can put up with all of the above, you can record your trips and compare it with other trips, but to be honest, I use the stopwatch function more for my training now. Customer support also is acceptable, though you need to contact Germany.

For the price I would recommend looking elsewhere.

Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 A4, Duplex Wi-Fi Scanner
Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 A4, Duplex Wi-Fi Scanner

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome scanner, wish I got it earlier., 9 Oct. 2013
This scanner is awesome! Has made doing my accounts so much easier as it's a fun job feeding my paperwork through the machine - it scans so fast I can't keep up!

The software it comes with is a bit heavy though, but does include the full version of Adobe Acrobat X Standard. The other software I don't really use, apart from ScanSnap Manager, but that is quite a large program.

I can scan to my android mobile which means I don't have to have the scanner hooked up to the computer. Instead it sits out the way in another room. Being able to control the scanning using my mobile is excellent as I can not only start and stop scanning, but the documents download to my mobile as pdfs. I can then transfer them to my computer and process them further if needed and file away accordingly.

A software update has allowed scanning via Wifi to a computer, but I don't find this as useful as scanning to my mobile as I can have my mobile right next to the scanner instead of having to walk back and forth between the computer and the scanner. However, this was certainly a welcome feature addition.

Scanning is so fast I really wish I got this earlier instead of struggling with my HP multifunctional scan/print/fax machine, though I keep that in case I need to use the flatbed.

I can scan all my receipts of any size, including thin receipts from supermarkets etc. I don't even have to set the guides up, though I do usually.

The only weakness I can find is there is a slight tendency for paperwork to jam when trying to scan booklets. Of course I'm abusing it now as I'm trying to force it to take multiple pages as I'm too lazy to take the staples out or put it in the carrier. This is not the fault of the scanner is it specifically is designed to take one page at a time, though can be tricky to remove the jam.

I tried scanning *a lot* of business cards using the ADF, but found this to be a bit unreliable as sometimes jams would occur when more than 1 business card was taken through the machine. This does not bother me though, as I didn't buy this to scan business cards, just my receipts and it does that very well.

It is expensive, however it's worth it as as soon as you use it you'll be pleased.

I very highly recommend getting this if you need to use a scanner.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 25, 2014 10:47 AM GMT

Konig Aluminium Monopod Single Leg Tripod
Konig Aluminium Monopod Single Leg Tripod
Offered by Onda Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well constructed monopod but head and foot are poor, 9 Oct. 2013
I use this with some 10x50 bins for astronomy and also as a walking stick.

First impression when I got it was the shaft was quite substantial, light weight and well made. The locking levers were strong and kept the length at the point desired. It was also tall enough for me to use without having to bend down.

However, the foot is useless. First thing I took off when I got it.

The head is also cheap quality, but it does work, but will replace it one day.

Came with a case which is quite functional but not so pretty, but certainly very useful.

Fortunately the head is also removable very easily making this usable as a walking stick. Have used it as such and has fared quite well on some light trekking. Pointed foot tended to collect mud though and the bottom segment got sticky, but this was to be expected and some cleaning restored correct functionality.

Was considering giving this 4 stars out of 5 as the foot is useless and head is poor quality, but in reality I love this monopod and for the price it's a bargain.

Opticron Binocular Tripod Mount for Binoculars +50mm OG
Opticron Binocular Tripod Mount for Binoculars +50mm OG

4.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy bracket, the fixing points could be better, 9 Oct. 2013
I use this with some 10x50 binoculars for astro gazing.

Bracket is very sturdy, won't bend or vibrate as metal is quite thick. Nice big thumb wheel, but needs to be tightened a fair amount to stop the binoculars from tilting from side to side.

Used on a monopod with a pan/tilt head - the base could be better again as it doesn't feel as sturdy as it could be. Once again it needs tightening a fair amount to stop sideways rotation.

Recommended.

Proporta Mizu Shell hard Silicone Case Cover Sleeve Skin for HTC HD2 - Black
Proporta Mizu Shell hard Silicone Case Cover Sleeve Skin for HTC HD2 - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality control lets the product down, but very good customer service makes up for it., 9 Oct. 2013
Was really looking forward to this as it seemed to be a quality product much better than was obtainable from the market or other places.

However, the finish of this product was poor with a serrated ridge around the edge. I had to file it down to stop it from scratching. There was also an "oily sheen" on the case which took quite a bit of effort to clean off. It's a tight fit and the volume controls are covered but everything else has holes in the right places. Feels quite grippy in the hand after the ridge was filed down, but unusable in public due to the poor finish.

I spoke to Proporta's customer service, which was very good and was offered an alternative which was very acceptable.

Because of the customer service I would purchase another Proporta product in the future.

INFINITY USB FOOT PEDAL (IN-USB-2)
INFINITY USB FOOT PEDAL (IN-USB-2)
Offered by Boxshifters

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well as described, 9 Oct. 2013
Bought this for my sister who does uses it for transcribing interviews recorded on an Olympus dictation machine. Easy enough to configure with the free downloadable software and is robust enough. Works as expected.