Profile for KathyP > Reviews

Diablo Toasted Snack Maker
Diablo Toasted Snack Maker
Offered by Harts Of Stur

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 2 Jun 2014
Arrived the day after I ordered and I have spent a couple of days experimenting to get the right result and today's effort was delicious - Warburtons Sandwich Thins (just the right size for the Diablo, with hardly any wastage), spread with a little sundried tomato pesto and filled with a generous amount of wafer thin ham and feta cheese. A couple of minutes either side, and, voila, a perfect toasted lunchtime snack. Looking forward to experimenting with some fruit fillings now. Highly recommended.

Acase Capacitive Stylus Pen for all capacitive screens, including iPad, iPhone, HTC Desire etc (Crimson Red)

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well with Asus Eee Pad, 6 Jun 2011
The Acase stylus is very good (beware of cheap imitations purporting to be Acase). I like to use it on the Eee pad as it helps to keep the screen clean and free of greasy fingermarks. Only downside is that the cord that attaches it to the headset jack is too short to actually use it whilst it is "plugged in", so is of limited use.

Acase Apple iPad Capacitive Stylus (Metallic Silver)
Acase Apple iPad Capacitive Stylus (Metallic Silver)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a genuine Acase item, 6 Jun 2011
I received this item promptly (from Buy-Best Bargain), but alas, it was not a genuine Acase, but a cheap imitation (branded GHD). In addition, it did not have the headset connector with it. I had also ordered another Acase stylus from a different supplier (Digital Media Output) for the same price which arrived the following day, and on comparing the two, the Acase was definitely a superior stylus. So this review is not for the Acase stylus itself, which is very good, but for an item which purports to be an Acase stylus, but isn't. I have returned it for a refund.

Black Flexible L.E.D Light for Amazon Kindle 1, 2 & 3, Touch and 6" Wifi Version also WHSmith Kobo Range
Offered by Modern-Tech

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed - I have to send it back, 31 Mar 2011
I really liked the look of this light, and the fact that it had good reviews, so I ordered one and it arrived this morning. Unfortunately, the first time I removed the battery cover, the plastic tabs broke off which meant that the cover would not stay in place. I never even got to put batteries in it! I have had to return it to Amazon for a refund. I don't know whether to risk ordering another of these, or to look for something else.
Modern-Tech Black Flexible L.E.D Light for Amazon Kindle 1, 2 & 3

Cesar's Way: The Natural, Everyday Guide to Understanding and Correcting Common Dog Problems
by Cesar Millan

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Book, 29 Mar 2011
I thought this book gave a good insight into dog psychology, but there is a lot of repetition. There is also a lot of stuff about Cesar himself, which is quite interesting, and some may argue that it is essential to understand where Cesar has come from and how he has become what he has. If the content purely related to dog behaviour was extracted, and the repetition removed, it would probably make a book half the size. Overall I found the book useful and, as a new dog owner, it has helped me to better understand and communicate with my dog, to our mutual benefit.

BUILT Neoprene Kindle Keyboard Sleeve, Shadow Flower (only fits Kindle Keyboard)

4.0 out of 5 stars I Love my Funky Shadow Flower Sleeve, 18 Mar 2011
Yes it's expensive (hence 4 stars), but all Built stuff is. I remember looking at a Built sleeve for my laptop and thinking "Wow that's pricey". Anyway, I love this item and it does the job perfectly for me. I travel a lot, so it is easy to slip this into my bag and remove it without a great struggle when I am seated in the plane, and I know that it is well protected.BUILT Neoprene Kindle Sleeve (Fits 6" Display, Latest Generation Kindle), Shadow Flower

Garmin Universal Friction Mount for 700/600/300/200 series
Garmin Universal Friction Mount for 700/600/300/200 series
Offered by TeleCity

5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin - Portable Friction Mount (010-10908-00), 18 Jan 2008
The Amazon title is misleading, but I'm pleased to say that this is what I thought it was. I bought one of these for my Nuvi 370, and it works a treat. I have just driven 60 miles, through bendy, twisty country lanes, and the mount did not move at all, and the Nuvi was within reach at all times. I have a Peugeot 307 and the dashboard is not at all flat, but still the mount stayed where I put it. Well worth the money - I'm really pleased with it. If taking it overseas, beware of the airport screening. The mount contains metal balls and shows up clearly on the X-ray and the security staff will want to search your bag !