ARRAY(0xa30c40cc)

Profile for Richard H. Neale > Reviews

Content by Richard H. Neale

Richard H. Neale (UK)

Okki-Tokki-Unga: Action Songs for Children (Songbooks)
Okki-Tokki-Unga: Action Songs for Children (Songbooks)
by Beatrice Harrop
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: 15.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 Aug 2012
We had this book for our kids and we have now bought it for our grandchildren, it is super! Thoroughly recommended

Insight Guides: Spain
Insight Guides: Spain
by Insight Guide
Price: 13.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what you need, 4 Aug 2012
This review is from: Insight Guides: Spain (Paperback)
We chug around Europe in our motorhome and we find Insight Guides to be just what we need. They present a lot of useful information in a concise and attractive format.

Just Vegetating: A Memoir
Just Vegetating: A Memoir
by Joy Larkcom
Price: 15.19

4.0 out of 5 stars I don't like gardening very much but I enjoyed this book, 4 Aug 2012
My wife is the family gardener and I support her by doing jobs that require no skill or knowledge. I thought she would like this book but I started reading it and became quite enchanted by the author's life and the literary style. It was fun and interesting and really quite thought-provoking in parts. About half way through it began to get very horticultural specific and detailed so I gave up at that point, and handed it over to my wife, who is a real Joy Larckcom fan. Incidentally, her allotment gardening book is brilliant, as a non-gardener I can open it up and learn about what I should be doing that day.

Veggiestan: A Vegetable Lover's Tour of the Middle East
Veggiestan: A Vegetable Lover's Tour of the Middle East
by Sally Butcher
Price: 16.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Good addition to a vegetarian cookery library, 22 April 2012
A range a varied Middle Eastern recipes including Magluba ('upside down') which is a really nice dish and fun to make once you get the hang of it.

Ex-Pro Photographic lighting Cube 15" x 15" / 40cm x 40cm, including 4 flocked colour backgrounds.
Offered by ExpressPro
Price: 10.97

3.0 out of 5 stars This is a cheap product that is OK but not perfect, 4 Mar 2012
This is very cheap, similar products can cost up to 40. It does the job I wanted but there are a couple of problems. The structure is based on sprung wires, so it jumps out of the packet, as previous reviewers have said. But this sprung structure also means that the base is not flat, it is essentially like a flat saucer, so I had to weight it down with a stack of heavy card. The other problem is that the linings have been folded and the material from which they are made is difficult to iron flat, so I don't use them but put in A4 card instead. But I overcame these problems so for the money I cannot really complain.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 1, 2013 2:43 PM BST

Sea Fishing Round Cornwall
Sea Fishing Round Cornwall
by J. Hussey
Price: 4.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Short and informative, 8 Oct 2011
This slim book gives basic information about the places around the coast of Cornwall where fish can be caught and the fish to be found. It is a fairly broad summary but helpful nevertheless. The format shows its age, it is rather quaint by modern standards.

Camping France 2009 (Michelin Camping Guides)
Camping France 2009 (Michelin Camping Guides)

5.0 out of 5 stars Camping in France, 17 Jun 2009
This is a really excellent guide. We have used these guides for thirty years and would not go camping in France without an up to date copy.