Profile for gardener > Reviews

Playmobil 1.2.3 6739 Fishing Boat with Whale
Playmobil 1.2.3 6739 Fishing Boat with Whale

5.0 out of 5 stars we love this., 20 Dec 2013
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars
Our daughter(2) has had this since she was one and still plays with it.
The boat is very stable in the water and good to put things/ other little people in. (would have preferred other colour but hey)
The boat and whale are both sealed units so you don't have to worry about the dreaded kids bathtoy gungy mould that so often accumulates in toys.
The sailor is cute.
Best of all is the whale. It is cleverly weighted with some sort of ball inside so it can float in a horizontal or head peeping out of water position. Very pleasing. Ours is called Bob for obvious reasons. He has been chucked about loads in the course of his various stunts every bathtime and still looks more or less new even though he frequently crashes into the sides.
I can see this simple but effective set being incorporated into play for a long time yet.

One Direction Season 13 Brands Shoulder Bag
One Direction Season 13 Brands Shoulder Bag
Offered by MANSURI

4.0 out of 5 stars cute little bag, was expecting much worse!, 19 Dec 2013
Bought this for my niece who is only 5 ( but wierdly is into 1D).
It is a handbag kind of size not a courier bag but that makes it about the right size for a kid's bag. She won't fit her school books in it but will probably enjoy putting toys or whatever around in it.
The picture is bright and fun.
It has an external pocket that closes with a popper and a main zipped one (the zip pull has a 1d metal tag might be heart shaped can't remember).
I will measure it and add the measurements if i remember. I think it was roughly 20 cm wide. It is black canvas.

Munchkin White Hot Inflatable Duck Tub
Munchkin White Hot Inflatable Duck Tub

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent duck bath, 5 Oct 2013
We have been using this bath since our daughter outgrew her babybath at about nine months. She is almost 2 now and still sits in it comfortably with her legs outstretched. She isn't big for her age though.
It gave her good support when she wasn't so good at sitting up and now it is a comfy warm bath. The non slip base works well.
One of the main reasons we use it is so that she can have a nice warm bath up to her chest without us having to heat up a whole bathful of water every day.
We are on our 2nd one but only because a sharp and heavy toy fell on the first one. We were surprised to find the newer one has a quacking beak if you squeeze it. I think some do some don't.
It's good for holidays and camping where there's only a shower. We have a pump that runs off the cigarette thing in the car.
The toys like to jump off the duck's head into the bath.
I find the temperature indicator useless as tepid water seems to register as too hot.
The sucker doesn't always stay on the wall so we hang ours from a hook that sticks reliably on the tiles. It was about one pound from amazon or sonething.

Charlie and Lola: I Am Too Absolutely Small For School
Charlie and Lola: I Am Too Absolutely Small For School
by Lauren Child

5.0 out of 5 stars great fun but shame about the schooliform, 3 Oct 2013
As with 'slightly invisible', this book has Soren Lorrenson in special see through shiny ink so he can only be seen in certain lights and our tot laughs out loud when she finds him. We pretend we don't know what she's talking about.
She's way too young for preschool let alone school but i hope we can put a positive spin on schooliform before she gets to school age.
I think she might also learn that even lola isn't always right about everything.

Charlie and Lola: Slightly Invisible
Charlie and Lola: Slightly Invisible
by Lauren Child

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 3 Oct 2013
Our tot (22mths) loves charlie and lola and loves finding Soren Lorrenson in this book as he is printed in see through shiny ink so can only be seen if the light hits him certain ways. We pretend we can't see him.

Bahco  PG-M2-E Ergonomic SECateurs
Bahco PG-M2-E Ergonomic SECateurs

5.0 out of 5 stars good secos, 3 Oct 2013
I haven't used them much yet but these secateurs seem very good and well made for the price ( got a really good deal). Make sure you find the right size for your hands and needs as bahco do about three hand sizes and blade sizes. There might be a size guide on the bahco website.
I usually use my felcos but these look to be a really good back up at a more affordable price.