Profile for bekin > Reviews

Content by bekin

bekin (Sutton UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Good Food: 101 Simple Suppers(BBC Good Food)
Good Food: 101 Simple Suppers(BBC Good Food)
by Good Homes Magazine

5.0 out of 5 stars easy recipes, 16 Feb. 2013
For busy people this cookbook is perfect. It contains a wide variety of really easy dishes - no piling on of ingredients!
You prepare most of them quickly, such as stir-fries and pasta bakes. ( You get some tasty puds as well).
If you love good food, but don't want to spend ages in the kitchen, this is the cookbook for you.

Dycem Non Slip Tray Mat 37.5 x 27.5cm Green/ White Check
Dycem Non Slip Tray Mat 37.5 x 27.5cm Green/ White Check
Offered by Easier To

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential aid for the one-handed, 9 Jan. 2013
These mats are a really ingenious design, and they certainly work to keep the user safe from slippage and spills. Definitely worth buying. I could wish the mat's surface was a little less sticky, but I guess that can't be avoided.

Blue Bird Shaped Jug / Creamer
Blue Bird Shaped Jug / Creamer

4.0 out of 5 stars A little charmer, 9 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Blue Bird Shaped Jug / Creamer
I gave this as a present. My sister-in-law was delighted, so a success! I didn't give five stars because it could do with being a little bigger. I found the size hard to judge from a picture. However the bird is very appealing.

Adjustable Black Umbrella Stick
Adjustable Black Umbrella Stick

5.0 out of 5 stars Great walking aid, 9 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Adjustable Black Umbrella Stick
This umbrella stick is a great aid in walking, and a perfect protection in a storm. I also find it a tremendous help to lean on when I'm forced to stand for a time; the handle is soft and comfortable. The stick is very sturdily made, the height is adjustable and it literally springs into action! It's keenly priced.

Mystic River
Mystic River

5.0 out of 5 stars An incredible experience, 7 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Mystic River (Kindle Edition)
This thriller is amazingly different from almost everything I've previously read. It's deeply atmospheric and a revelation for people llke me who thought of Boston as a quaint New England city full of old buildings and white painted fences.
Lehane's Boston has its grim underbelly. As the action unfolds, we begin to live in that world - and it's hard to put the book down.
I found some references - American terms and so on - slightly puzzling but I think they add to the powerful atmosphere as we are drawn into the story. These are real people and this is the way they speak.
Be warned - Mystic River will grab you by the throat!

The Broken Shore
The Broken Shore

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the usual type of thriller, 8 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Broken Shore (Kindle Edition)
The author of this book draws us into the world of provincial Australia. "The Broken Shore" is a powerful tale, told in a laconic, utterly convincing style. It's completely different from anything I've ever read. I recommend it to all lovers of crime novels.

Nine Dragons (Harry Bosch Book 15)
Nine Dragons (Harry Bosch Book 15)

4.0 out of 5 stars A different world for Bosch, 9 Nov. 2012
The plot sometimes veers off into improbability but what can you say? The action begins in LA then shoots off into foreign parts. There's exciting action and Connelly is always worth reading wherever his hero goes. I just wouldn't miss one from the master!

The Lincoln Lawyer (Mickey Haller Series Book 1)
The Lincoln Lawyer (Mickey Haller Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great novel, 9 Nov. 2012
Michael Connelly never disappoints. "The Lincoln Lawyer" is written in his usual powerful style and contains a character study in depth of lawyer Micky Haller.- I love this creation of Connelly's - more Micky Haller , please! Great plot, great writing. Don't miss this one.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 (PC/Mac)
Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 (PC/Mac)

5.0 out of 5 stars The tops in software, 17 Mar. 2012
Photoshop Elements is such a classic it really needs no extra words. It's easy to install and it does absolutely everything you could possibly want.
You can organize, store and do absolutely anything with your photos.
It isn't dead simple in use , but it's worth learning the ins and outs, and it's not mind-blowingly difficult! I'm taking it easy - using the cropping tool, and one or two others and gradually working my way through all the facilities.
I had thought it'd be too expensive for me but Amazon sells it at a very keen price, and I'm thrilled to have it.

Big Bang Theory - Season 2 Complete [DVD] [2009]
Big Bang Theory - Season 2 Complete [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Johnny Galecki

5.0 out of 5 stars wittiest show ever, 17 Mar. 2012
This wonderful show should have people raving about it. The dialogue is some of the cleverest ever written - you can watch it for the umpteenth time and still fall about laughing. But it's not just all playing about with words; the basis of every episode is the interaction of the four main characters who are all brilliantly played - and really lovable too.
In addition ( and something that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere ) is the amazing visual experience in this series - the settings, costumes and Penny's hair styles are just gorgeous. Whoever is responsible for all this lush colour is a genius! I watch again ( and again ) just to see the scarlet pan placed next to the blue-green wall, or the painting in the background as Sheldon and Leonard walk towards us, or the orange shade glowing against deep blue.
But of course the main enjoyment is in the relationship of the cranky Sheldon with his long-suffering friends.
There's just so much to relish. Don't miss it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6