Profile for bekin > Reviews

TEEPEE ONLINE® 10 x QUALITY STYLUS PENS for IPAD , TABLET , IPHONE, SAMSUNG ETC
TEEPEE ONLINE® 10 x QUALITY STYLUS PENS for IPAD , TABLET , IPHONE, SAMSUNG ETC
Offered by TEEPEE ONLINE

5.0 out of 5 stars always in hand, 19 May 2014
I love these stylus pens. They're so light you can hold one loosely and swipe at the same time. I much prefer one to using my finger on the Nexus 10 tablet. You can be more accurate anyway.
These are a very good bargain - nice to have a lot and give some to friends.

My Google Nexus 7 and Nexus 10
My Google Nexus 7 and Nexus 10
by Craig James Johnston

5.0 out of 5 stars essential reading!, 19 May 2014
This is a great handbook for getting the most out of your tablet. ( I find Google's online instructions awkward to use.) This book explains absolutely everything from the basics upwards, for instance setting-up, the functions of each icon, using the touchscreen, working with apps, etc, right up to taking pictures and recording video. Every aspect is clearly explained with excellent diagrams throughout.
Just one note : if you were brought up with computers and are pretty expert, you possibly don't need this guide; however, it's highly recommended for all others! I counted myself reasonably competent with a laptop, but I floundered for a couple of weeks with my new Nexus 10 until I bought Craig Johnston's book. I'll be referring to it for a long while yet.

August Heat: The Inspector Montalbano Mysteries - Book 10
August Heat: The Inspector Montalbano Mysteries - Book 10

4.0 out of 5 stars mystery in the Med, 8 May 2014
I love the hot Sicilian atmosphere and the lively characters. But some of the local dialect is translated in a peculiar way - and it gets a bit tedious.

A Spy Among Friends: Kim Philby and the Great Betrayal
A Spy Among Friends: Kim Philby and the Great Betrayal

5.0 out of 5 stars Real-life thriller, 10 April 2014
What a story! a gripping tale of spies and treachery. And it all really happened.
I'm only half-way through the book, but feel I must share my enthusiasm for this brilliant piece of writing. Can't bear to put it down. Everyone should read this account of the activities of a vital UK Government department - and learn the shocking results of some of the decisions made.

Sony MDR-ZX100 Outdoor Headband Headphones - Black
Sony MDR-ZX100 Outdoor Headband Headphones - Black
Offered by Digi Flash

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality buy, 10 April 2014
These headphones produce an excellent quality sound. They're also extremely comfortable to wear. Can't believe they are sold at this price.

Google Nexus 10 Tablet Case - G-HUB PropUp PURPLE Stand Case Cover (with integrated stand function and magnetic sleep sensors) for Google / Samsung Nexus 10 with BONUS: G-HUB ProPen Stylus
Offered by OGADGETHUB

4.0 out of 5 stars super tablet, 27 Mar 2014
Early days for a report! however, here goes.
I love this tablet. I only wish Google were more helpful. All you get is a quick start booklet.
I can't get the following installed apps to function : Music, Movies,You Tube, iPlayer. Obviously they can - I just don't know what to do or how to find out what to do.
Good point - syncing with my Kindle is fine! Amazon makes this smooth and easy.

Effluent Society
Effluent Society
by Thelwell

5.0 out of 5 stars as up to date as today's headlines, 8 Feb 2014
This review is from: Effluent Society (Hardcover)
Everybody should have a copy of this book. Each drawing is a gem,and very, very funny. Amazingly, it was first published forty years ago, but is as relevant now as it was then to our society. Thelwell says everything that's possible to say about the way we live.

The Diary and Letters of Madame D'Arblay (Complete)
The Diary and Letters of Madame D'Arblay (Complete)

5.0 out of 5 stars living history, 8 Feb 2014
A fascinating account of 18th century life by one who lived it! Fanny Burney wrote novels but is mainly valued now for her diary and letters. She met Dr Johnson, Joshua Reynolds, and their circle, became lady-in-waiting to Queen Charlotte, talked with the demented George the Third, endured a breast operation ( without anaesthetic, of course ),saw Napoleon during a levee, was in Brussels during the battle of Waterloo....
She has an ear for quirks of speech, a deft hand in describing character and a great sense of fun. This is history brought alive.

Hail to the Chief (87th Precinct)
Hail to the Chief (87th Precinct)
by Ed McBain

5.0 out of 5 stars another great 87th story, 8 Feb 2014
Hail to the Chief is another suspenseful story from the wonderful Ed McBain. The boys of the 87th perform their magic once again.
Have to admit - I'm obsessed with these guys. I haven't yet read all the 87th novels - I'm going to be sad when I have. What am I saying? I can start all over again.

So Long As You Both Shall Live (87th Precinct)
So Long As You Both Shall Live (87th Precinct)

5.0 out of 5 stars great guys of the 87th, 1 Sep 2013
I'll never tire of stories about these characters. They're all so brilliantly drawn, with such skill and humour. When I come to the last one, I think I'll begin all over again!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4