Profile for lisa > Reviews

Yoni Shakti: A Woman's Guide to Power and Freedom Through Yoga and Tantra
by Uma Dinsmore-Tuli
Price: 20.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional!, 9 July 2014
This is a treasure, an invaluable book. I haven't read it all yet, but as soon as you flick through the pages, you realize how precious it is. Derived from extensive study and research as well as many years of personal experience, it is, above all, authentic.
Yoga is certainly a very ancient practice, but it is also still very much alive and continuously evolving, as this book shows.
There are references to ancient goddess, as well as to our contemporary life as women in all stages of our life.
Also included in the book are some amazing yoga nidra practices, of which Uma Dinsmore Tuli is a master teacher.

Please go to http://www.yonishakti.co/ to get an idea of the content or visit http://www.wombyoga.org/

iRest Yoga Nidra for Daily Living
iRest Yoga Nidra for Daily Living
Price: 7.99

1.0 out of 5 stars it's not new!, 16 Jun 2014
Be aware that these two recordings are EXACTLY the same which were already published by the same author with a different title:Yoga Nidra: Integrative Restoration Guided Meditation.

It's not nice to publish the same thing with a different title, but if you do you should at least state it clearly on the cover!
That's why I give it a negative review, it's not fair.
Apart from this, the practices are beneficial, accessible to everyone and I really love them.

Nakd Caffe Mocha Bar 35 g (Pack of 18)
Nakd Caffe Mocha Bar 35 g (Pack of 18)
Offered by UK ONLINE
Price: 14.20

5.0 out of 5 stars delicious, 30 May 2014
These are really my favourite nakd bars! I love the taste of coffee and cocoa combined with the sweetness of the dates.

Himalayan Institute Neti Salt Bulk Bag 1.5 Lbs
Himalayan Institute Neti Salt Bulk Bag 1.5 Lbs
Offered by STRATTON UK
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 30 May 2014
You can use normal kitchen salt for the neti pot, but since I've tried this one, I prefer to use this pure salt from the Himalayan Institute.
If you use the neti pot, say, twice a week, it will last several months, it's worth it!

Nakd Berry Delight Gluten Free Bar 35 g (Pack of 18)
Nakd Berry Delight Gluten Free Bar 35 g (Pack of 18)
Offered by UK ONLINE
Price: 14.20

5.0 out of 5 stars delicious!, 26 Mar 2014
Really delicious, like most of Nakd bars. The taste of berry is kind of refreshing and goes well with the dates

The North Face Women's W Metropolis Parka - TNF Black, Medium
The North Face Women's W Metropolis Parka - TNF Black, Medium
Offered by Springfield Camping Ltd
Price: 199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 13 Jan 2014
Very soft and light, but warm nonetheless.
Since the day I've received I've been wearing it every day.
I ordered a 10, I could have ordered a 8, but it's O.K.
No need to order one size more than your usual

Yogamatters shopping bag, Small: 42x 52 cm/16"x20.47"
Yogamatters shopping bag, Small: 42x 52 cm/16"x20.47"
Offered by Yogamatters Ltd.
Price: 2.00

4.0 out of 5 stars very nice bag, 16 Aug 2013
This review is from: Yogamatters shopping bag (Misc.)
I choose the small one because there was no option for the big one. The bag in the photo, I guess, is the big one.
Anyway, it's a nice, convenient, sturdy shopping bag and when folded doesn' t take much space

Healing Your Life: Lessons on the Path of Ayurveda
Healing Your Life: Lessons on the Path of Ayurveda
by Marc Halpern
Price: 7.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 July 2013
I had enjoyed Dr. Halpern's recording of Yoga Nidra very much, so I decided to buy his book. It is a treasure of a book, that shows you how to make, little by little, some changes in your life in order to live a more harmonious and healthy life, that suits your constitution. I was already familiar with the main concepts of Ayurveda, but it is always useful to review these ideas and discover new facets. I particularly appreciated the chapter on the use of colours and music. I also liked the fact that he speaks about his experience and personal story most honestly.
One point, though,remains unclear for me: while Dr. Halpern clarify that most people have a mixed constitution,all the advice about food, as well as sound, colours etc., is given according to each single dosha and sometimes the suggestion are quite the opposite for two doshas (like vata-kapha) which both may be present in your constitution. So, I am a bit confused about this, but I have to say that, as far as I can tell, ALL the books on Ayurveda gives advice according to the single dosha.
On the whole, it is an excellent book and I highly recommend it. Even if you are new to Ayurveda, it is a masterly introduction.

Eastpak Unisex Buddy Mens Bags Wicked Violet
Eastpak Unisex Buddy Mens Bags Wicked Violet
Offered by Felix Sportswear
Price: 6.95

4.0 out of 5 stars VERY GOOD, 15 July 2013
Nice colour, sturdy material (like all Eastpak bags), just a little rigid and very thin. It's perfect to fit documents, keys, bank notes, but too thin (and rigid) for glasses and other similar objects. The shoulder strap can be conveniently detached and adjusted.
On the whole, I'm quite satisfied with this purchase

Yoga Nidra & Self Healing
Yoga Nidra & Self Healing
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 12.96

5.0 out of 5 stars really really good, 10 May 2013
I have a lot of yoga nidra CDs and this is one of my favourites. It's Yoga Nidra centered on awareness, letting go and healing.
After a short introduction, there is only one session of YN, lasting 40 minutes and you can repeat this session over and over again. According to the author, eventually you will be able to do the practice without the recording, but I still prefer to listen.
Highly recommended.