Profile for GadgetDad > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
MediaEspresso 6.5 (PC)
MediaEspresso 6.5 (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars So easy to use, 9 Dec. 2011
This review is from: MediaEspresso 6.5 (PC) (CD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have a mixed estate in terms of Android Phone, iPad , iTouch , Humax Freesat, PVR, Panasonic Lumix HD camera and LG NAS drive to store all the content on

My problem has been that video I have taken on my camera, or video recorded on PVR cannot be viewed on iPad or Sony TV (even though DLNA compatible) when streamed from my NAS drive.

All that has changed with this software which worked brilliantly at changing all my camera HD films into iPAD quality format. Now I can see them all under the Video's app of my iPad. Conversion of a 1.5hr PVR film took about 1 hour but I am running an old ACER 32 bit, Windows 7, 3GB of RAM which I doubt has hardware acceleration.

Overall - very very very easy to use

Only issue I have had is it does not seem to capture DVD content - I am not sure if this is a DRM issue though.

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite

5.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you select Gift Option check box if this is a present using one click, 8 Dec. 2011
I originally gave this product 1* to highlight to others who spend ages choosing and then in a heartbeat hit one-click and buy the product......only to discover the standard Amazon packaging displays Kindle on the outside.
However there is a check box on the RHS of the screen to select as a gift to send it in an anonymous cardboard box.

Thank you to the 'polite' comments pointing out the error of my ways!!!

As a product itself it is great - I registered two on my network to different accounts. Set up was straight forward and only heightened the anticipation. It took about 5 minutes maximum.

It was great to see the books I have purchased on my iPad Kindle app in the past were available in the Kindle under the archive. It means which ever device I have I can access my library by either device.

It is so light it is a much more enjoyable experience reading text using the kindle than an iPad.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2011 8:39 AM GMT

RetarDEX Oral Rinse 250 ml
RetarDEX Oral Rinse 250 ml
Offered by Direct Pharmacy

4.0 out of 5 stars If Listerine is too strong try this, 23 Nov. 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is unusual in that it comes with a flavour sachet.

I tried it first without the sachet and to be honest was not that impressed - there is something to me about a minty feel which makes my mouth feel fresher...HOwever I can see there might be those that might not like mint in which case this is for you....I have not come across other tasteless (in a good sense) mouth cleaning products.

With mint added I found it not nearly as intense as its colgate or listerine rivals so I felt able to suck it around for longer.

It also comes with a good design measurer integral to the lid but which minimises drips after use.

All in all very good.

Dear Zoo Noisy Book
Dear Zoo Noisy Book
by Rod Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than original, 17 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Dear Zoo Noisy Book (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I gave this book to my one year old nephew and it was a total success. He already had this book in its original format...ie. without the sounds but this is a total winner......his 3 year old friend was fascinated by it too.
Books with sound in are fabulous and there is only one thing better from a young baby reader's perspective and that it is a book with pull flaps AND sound

Spear & Jackson Tile & Glass Scraper 1790 (discontinued by manufacturer)
Spear & Jackson Tile & Glass Scraper 1790 (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars An oven cleaning wonder product, 17 Nov. 2011
I used this product to clean the glass on an oven.....what a revelation my Smeg oven has never looked so clean....note tempting though it may be do not use on the oven panels ;)

The History Keepers: The Storm Begins
The History Keepers: The Storm Begins
by Damian Dibben

4.0 out of 5 stars History Keepers - Thrilling and Exciting, 17 Nov. 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My son is a voracious and advanced reader. I asked him to read this and let him share his thoughts.

He really enjoyed the premise of the story where the lead character Jake DJones discovers his mother and father and his Aunt Rose abelong to a society known as the History Keepers - a group who protect the past.

My son used words such as thrtilling and exiting, full of adventure, and adrenalin packed story. Despites its size, he finished it in over a week and weekend. His view is that it is probably suitabable for children aged 8 and over.

The LEGO® Ideas Book
The LEGO® Ideas Book
by Daniel Lipkowitz

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves this, 27 Oct. 2011
This review is from: The LEGO® Ideas Book (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This lego book is not a step by step guide to building big complex models. it assumes you have bought quite alot already and shows you how to build lots of mini models from bricks you have already. My son has always been a star wars lego fan but he was changing models around to copy some of the Medieval models.
Full marks.

Swift Faringdon Collection Bakers Pride Safety Edge Tartlet Pan with Loose Base Tinplate 10 cm x 10 cm x 2 cm

3.0 out of 5 stars 4 Tartlet pans, 20 Oct. 2011
Great for making mini tartlet pans. Tarte au citron, Mini Sacher tarts et. Just beware these are 4 mini tart pans rather than one big one.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Arrived with a flat, 20 Oct. 2011
Inflatable swords. Bought because there were two in the pack but one had a hole in so kids couldnt play.
Very disappointing.

Alligator V Brake Noodle
Alligator V Brake Noodle
Offered by bikes4life limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Arrived as expected, 20 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Alligator V Brake Noodle (Misc.)
Ordered and seems to be the same as the ones that were alreasy on my bike. Seems to be a bit cheaper than the authentic Shimano ones. I cant tell the difference.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20