Profile for GadgetDad > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Logitech USB Unifying Receiver - Retail Branded Spare Part with Instructions
Logitech USB Unifying Receiver - Retail Branded Spare Part with Instructions
Offered by Honest Gadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars Dont throw away your keyboard when you lose the USB receiver. Buy a replacement one!, 12 July 2016
I have hada logitech mk250 keyboard and mouse combo for several years and used it with my laptop.

When I retired my worklaptop I forgot to take off the usb receiver I received with it. I thought I was gong to have buy a new keyboard and mouse but then noticed I could buy this product.

Fantastic - 24 hours later I can use my great keyboard again.

3M(TM) Precise(TM) Mouse Mat with Leatherette Gel Wrist Rest - Silver - 22.1cm x 23.4cm x 1.9cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mouse mat but even better rest, 11 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I work from home all day in front of a laptop hooked up to an external keyboard and mouse. For the past 5 years I have been using a wrist rest for a keyboard but NOT a mouse till now.

All I can say is if you currently use a mouse mat without a rest then I suggest you try this mouse mat with integral 'leatherish' wrist rest.

This sits neatly beside the keyboard and has a non slip surface which means that even on a gloss glass desk the mat does not move as you move the mouse around fantastic.

From a looks perspective it is very functional and definitely sit well in the home or office.
The image is representative of the product.

Samsung Xpress M2835DW Mono Laser Printer
Samsung Xpress M2835DW Mono Laser Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars Ditch your deskjet and choose laser - you won't regret it, 4 July 2016
This is my first ever laser printer. For the past 20 years I have bought mainly HP deskjet devices but of late I have become frustrated with ink issues, connectivity issues, paper jams. My last had loads of functions on a touch sensitive screen which I never used yet ate ink faster than my kids can devour a can of lemonade.

All of the above is why I had had enough of deskjet sand was repaired to try something different. Enter a mono laser printer - no costly colour ink, which dries up because it is too costly to use. This printer does duplex printer really really quickly and quietly.

Setup was easy, though beware when unpacking. I was covered in a black dust when I put the toner cartridge in.

Duplex printing is brilliant and a feature I never thought I would get for a home office.

Rapesco Stapling Plier - Popoise, Candy Pink. Uses 26 and 24/8mm Staples
Rapesco Stapling Plier - Popoise, Candy Pink. Uses 26 and 24/8mm Staples

5.0 out of 5 stars This stapler has become our go to stapler for everyday use., 4 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was not even aware this style of stapler even existed having purely used the press down type in the past.

I have to say that I really like this way of stapling. Applying minimal pressure to the comfy grips resulted in staples easily punching through cardboard, 15 sheets of paper etc.

The colour is a hint darker than the picture shows but is a definite pink if the colour of a stapler is important to you.

Loading staples is really easy and the stapler has a capacity of 100+.

iPad Mini 4 Keyboard, JETech Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Case for Apple iPad Mini 4 with 360 Degree Rotation and Multi-Angle Stand - 2014
Offered by JEDirect UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant value for money. Great feel of keys., 1 July 2016
Well I have had this for only a short time but Imust say this product is a world away from the last iPad keyboard I bought. My previous purchase 2ish years ago for an iPad 2 (showing the age) was a disaster - it was twice this price, connection regularly dropped out and ended up being a doorstop within a few hours.

This on the other hand complements my iPad Mini 4 perfectly. I can comfortably sit my iPad on my knee and type away. Yes I have to look at the keys and cannot touch type because the keyboard is small but it is very easy and responsive keyboard to use.

Connectivity was very straight forward and worked first time. Connectivity was reestablished automatically after switching my iPad off which is brilliant..
The flexibility of angles you can put the iPad is very good. If I was really fussy I think it would have been better if I could have angled it further in landscape mode especially when moving in an airline seat on the train. In Portrait mode the display angle is perfect,

The selection of keys is great and I have not found myself wanting for anything apart a way to access the emojis.

All in all an absolutely brilliant addition to my iPad which turns it into a real tool.

Salter Curve Glass Aquatronic Electronic Digital Kitchen Scale, Black
Salter Curve Glass Aquatronic Electronic Digital Kitchen Scale, Black
Offered by Jarrolds Department Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great scales with all the features you may or may not want, 30 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have had a number of Salter electronic scales to review, the first lasting about 5 years before water ingress caused it's premature demise.

This scale is a very cool looking compact scale which will look great in most modern contemporary kitchen.

What I really like about this scale is the large backlit display. The displayed numbers are about 22mm tall and as such are really clear. My previous scales had numbers half that size and often with the shadow caused by what I was weighing I was struggling to read the display.

Another feature about these scales is that they weigh up to 5kg. Some cheaper scales only go up to 3kg. This may not seem like an issue but with a roast one can quickly go past this number

Salter 1066 BKDR15 Black Electronic Platform Kitchen Scale
Salter 1066 BKDR15 Black Electronic Platform Kitchen Scale

4.0 out of 5 stars Max weight 3kg - other than that a great set of cheap scales. No looker though, 30 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These scales are at the lower end of the price range. There is no stainless steel in evidence. There is no backlit display. There is no fl oz unit ( not a deal breaker for me).

What you do get is a compact square unit to sit in your drawers until such time as you need it. It is not going to have friends cooing over its great looks or bragging rights of never to be used features. It is just a simple set of scales.

For me the reason why I will not be keep it is that it only measures up to 3kg. For me I regularly cook with large joints and se just do not fit the bill. Other than that I heartily recommend

Nivea Sun Protect and Sensitive Sun Spray High SPF 50, 200ml
Nivea Sun Protect and Sensitive Sun Spray High SPF 50, 200ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Great suncream which doesnt make me appear like death when applied to the face., 28 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Okay so I have never being particularly attracted to a particular brand of sun cream. The one thing I have looked at was one it offered UVA A and B protection and secondly it was factor 50. Finally I would typically buy the one that is discounted.

With a Celt heritage my skin is particularly sensitive to the sun and I have even been known to get sunstroke in the north of Scotland ;)

Application - was easy. After applying you could tell that that a screen had been applied because my skin was slightly paler but remember this is a factor 50 cream. I have had some factor 50 creams that turned me into a ghost!! Initially I thought my skin was a little tacky but I noticed that this tackiness disappeared after a few minutes- so no issues there.

I found that after a four bike ride on one of the few particularly sunny days that we have had that the cream still appeared to be there despite obviously sweating on my bike. I know I know one should reapply suncream more frequently but I often forget particularly when exercising.

Post-it Index 680-R2EU 25mm x 43.2mm Flags Dual Pack in 2 Dispensers - Red (100 Sheets)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use index strips - just be careful when opening., 24 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Helps to more easily organise text books, folders etc. This Post-it index product does exactly what you want. It is easy to write on and then can be positioned and repositioned many times. Ideally I would have preferred multiple colours within one bag but may be I am asking for too much.

The tackiness is strong enough to hold the index on page but leaves no residue behind.

My one mistake is to be careful when opening - I partly ripped open the paper backing before realising that it makes up part of the dispenser. This was clearly explained in the instructions but I didnot read it

Papermate InkJoy Quatro 4-Colour 0.7 mm Fine Tip Retractable Ball Pen - Assorted Standard Colours

4.0 out of 5 stars Rediscover the 4 colour pen we all used when at school, 24 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
4 colours - in one pen. I have not used one of these since I was at school. I have forgotten how useful it actually can be to be able to switch between colours without reaching for/searching for different pens.

As a pen itself each colour is fiine and it is a nice writer despite my scrawl, and the ink leaves no blotches.

The pen is comfortable to hold thanks to the rubberised section however I do find the pen width much wider than a normal pen (Not surprisingly!). For me this does mean that I will limit it to reviewing or doing mind maps rather than more lengthy notes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20