Profile for H RILEY > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Big Brother
Big Brother

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and thoughtful, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: Big Brother (Kindle Edition)
It made me laugh and cry. Well written, I raced through it, and after I'd finished I kept thinking about it. It's a story about family loyalty, attitudes towards obesity, marriage problems, but it's also funny.

The Accidental Time Traveller
The Accidental Time Traveller

4.0 out of 5 stars Good nostalgic fun, 1 Mar 2014
I love time travel books, and this wasn't so much science fiction, but a good nostalgic book for anyone interested in how we lived in the fifties. Good fun

Untold Story
Untold Story

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: Untold Story (Kindle Edition)
I looked forward to reading this as I liked the idea of it. However it wasn't so much about as Princess Diana as a quite boring story about a suburban bunch of American women living boring lives. I could accept that she would fake her death, but I couldn't believe that she would put her sons through it.

Dominion
Dominion

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating story of what might have been, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: Dominion (Kindle Edition)
A fascinating history lesson in what might have happened if Britain had surrendered to Germany before the end of the war. Not my usual type of book, and it was quite thick, however I never lost interest and raced through it, which proves how well written it is. I felt like I was living through the great smog with the resistance fighters.

Behind the Candelabra: My Life With Liberace
Behind the Candelabra: My Life With Liberace

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting read, 1 Mar 2014
I haven't yet seen the film so can't compare it, but it was a fascinating story. I found I couldn't put it down at the beginning, but it seemed to lose it's way once the relationship ended. Maybe I was only interested in Liberace and not Scott! But anyone who enjoys reading about the private life of the starts will love it

Numberjacks - Seaside Adventure [DVD]
Numberjacks - Seaside Adventure [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun and educational, 1 Mar 2014
My 3 year old grandson loved it. A bit different to the other Numberjacks episodes as it is one longer adventure, rather than the usual 20 minute stories. But once again simple, and a great way to learn about numbers 1-10 for small children.

Last Dance with Valentino
Last Dance with Valentino

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow start, 1 Mar 2014
I was starting to lose interest after a few chapters, but stayed with it and am glad to say that I couldn't put it down. An interesting portrayal of the early days of Hollywood, from the view of the not so successful extras and bit part actors.

The Ten-pound Ticket (No Greater Love)
The Ten-pound Ticket (No Greater Love)

3.0 out of 5 stars Short story, 1 Mar 2014
I enjoyed this, but felt like I was just getting into it when it ended! I read it on my kindle, and it showed 41% remaining so I was surprised to be at the end. The remaining 59% would seem to be made up of previews of other books.

Numberjacks - Calling All Agents! [DVD]
Numberjacks - Calling All Agents! [DVD]
Dvd ~ Numberjacks

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for my 3 year old grandson, 1 Mar 2014
My 3 year old grandson absolutely loves this. It is very simple but a great way to teach numbers to young children in a fun way. He watches it over and over and over again.

L'Aimant by Coty Parfum de Toilette - 50 ml
L'Aimant by Coty Parfum de Toilette - 50 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 Feb 2014
. Would be 5 stars but the box was slightly squashed. I have recently found it hard to get this in the shops so it was very easy to order with 1 click and it was at my door within days

Page: 1 | 2