Profile for H RILEY > Reviews

Personal Profile

Content by H RILEY
Top Reviewer Ranking: 502,045
Helpful Votes: 4

Learn more about Your Profile.

Reviews Written by
H RILEY

Show:  
Page: 1 | 2
pixel
Big Brother
Big Brother
Price: £3.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and thoughtful, 1 Mar. 2014
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Big Brother (Kindle Edition)
It made me laugh and cry. Well written, I raced through it, and after I'd finished I kept thinking about it. It's a story about family loyalty, attitudes towards obesity, marriage problems, but it's also funny.


The Accidental Time Traveller
The Accidental Time Traveller
Price: £1.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Good nostalgic fun, 1 Mar. 2014
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
I love time travel books, and this wasn't so much science fiction, but a good nostalgic book for anyone interested in how we lived in the fifties. Good fun


Untold Story
Untold Story
Price: £5.99

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 1 Mar. 2014
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Untold Story (Kindle Edition)
I looked forward to reading this as I liked the idea of it. However it wasn't so much about as Princess Diana as a quite boring story about a suburban bunch of American women living boring lives. I could accept that she would fake her death, but I couldn't believe that she would put her sons through it.


Dominion
Dominion
Price: £4.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating story of what might have been, 1 Mar. 2014
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Dominion (Kindle Edition)
A fascinating history lesson in what might have happened if Britain had surrendered to Germany before the end of the war. Not my usual type of book, and it was quite thick, however I never lost interest and raced through it, which proves how well written it is. I felt like I was living through the great smog with the resistance fighters.


Behind the Candelabra: My Life With Liberace
Behind the Candelabra: My Life With Liberace
Price: £3.73

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting read, 1 Mar. 2014
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
I haven't yet seen the film so can't compare it, but it was a fascinating story. I found I couldn't put it down at the beginning, but it seemed to lose it's way once the relationship ended. Maybe I was only interested in Liberace and not Scott! But anyone who enjoys reading about the private life of the starts will love it


Numberjacks - Seaside Adventure [DVD]
Numberjacks - Seaside Adventure [DVD]
Offered by simply-well-priced
Price: £3.50

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun and educational, 1 Mar. 2014
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
My 3 year old grandson loved it. A bit different to the other Numberjacks episodes as it is one longer adventure, rather than the usual 20 minute stories. But once again simple, and a great way to learn about numbers 1-10 for small children.


Last Dance with Valentino
Last Dance with Valentino
Price: £3.42

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow start, 1 Mar. 2014
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
I was starting to lose interest after a few chapters, but stayed with it and am glad to say that I couldn't put it down. An interesting portrayal of the early days of Hollywood, from the view of the not so successful extras and bit part actors.


The Ten Pound Ticket (No Greater Love)
The Ten Pound Ticket (No Greater Love)
Price: £0.59

1 of 2 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Short story, 1 Mar. 2014
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
I enjoyed this, but felt like I was just getting into it when it ended! I read it on my kindle, and it showed 41% remaining so I was surprised to be at the end. The remaining 59% would seem to be made up of previews of other books.


Numberjacks - Calling All Agents! [DVD]
Numberjacks - Calling All Agents! [DVD]
Dvd ~ Numberjacks
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd
Price: £4.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for my 3 year old grandson, 1 Mar. 2014
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
My 3 year old grandson absolutely loves this. It is very simple but a great way to teach numbers to young children in a fun way. He watches it over and over and over again.


L'Aimant by Coty Parfum de Toilette - 50 ml
L'Aimant by Coty Parfum de Toilette - 50 ml
Offered by Xtras Online
Price: £6.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 Feb. 2014
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
. Would be 5 stars but the box was slightly squashed. I have recently found it hard to get this in the shops so it was very easy to order with 1 click and it was at my door within days


Page: 1 | 2