Profile for J. J. Tech > Reviews

Content by J. J. Tech

J. J. Tech (UK/Poland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Some came running (Panther Book. no. 1064.)
Some came running (Panther Book. no. 1064.)
by James Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Second to none style and psychological inshight., 26 Jun 2014
Picture of a small town in Illinois... Parkman must be Robinson, Author's place of birth. Second novel of "From Here To Eternity" author etc. It's all been said about this book. But the depth of psychological insight and observation is unparallelled. I've simply never read with this sort of picture perfect observation, other than other books by the same author. I don't know why Jones was so under appreciated - but I believe one of the main reasons must be his genius. He shows things about people that they would rather not admit. All those false poses, insincerity, hypocrisy. At the same time, despite "negative" picture Jones is painting, there is something honestly positive and uplifting about this book. Any of his books really. Absolute must read

The Black Echo
The Black Echo
by Michael Connelly
Price: 5.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book...., 19 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Black Echo (Paperback)
To me Connelly is the most gifted mystery writer ever and Bosch is the best, most intriguing detective ever.... There is nothing bad to say about Connelly's writing, sense of humor etc. On the other hand it's one of my least favorite of the series, because it has the most this two faced woman Eleanor Wish in there with whom Bosch is trying to create some sort of a pathological relationship. Wish reminds me too much about one of those beautiful but unstable Femme Fatale's I dealt with. With all his wit and wisdom Bosch is stepping on a land mine here. If not for Wish and her drama it would be so much better....

Debunking 9/11 Debunking: An Answer to Popular Mechanics and Other Defenders of the Official Conspiracy Theory
by David Ray Griffin

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read for anyone who takes this subject seriously, 8 May 2014
There is terrible book "Debunking 9/11 Myths" out there, released by Popular Mechanics. Book that supposedly debunks so called "myths" about 9/11. This effort by David Ray Griffin, is a direct answer to the "arguments" presented in aforementioned book. D.R. Griffin is a brave and insightful man and he diligently researched 9/11. He writes about problems with "NORAD tapes", WTC buildings mysterious disintegration and many more. Must read.

Debunking 9/11 Myths: Why Conspiracy Theories Can't Stand Up to the Facts
Debunking 9/11 Myths: Why Conspiracy Theories Can't Stand Up to the Facts
by The Editors of Popular Mechanics
Price: 10.56

1.0 out of 5 stars Book written with conclusion at the beginning....., 8 May 2014
There isn't really much to say about it.... They didn't 'debunk' even one serious claim made by Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth, or David Ray Griffin. Like manipulating NORAD tapes, WTC7 collapse etc. Terrible attempt at cover-up arranged by people closely related to 9/11 commission. I don't know who's job 9/11 was, but the looking at the way evidence was diligently destroyed, and how NIST couldn't answer a simple question posed by simple physics teacher I have serious doubts about Bush administration role in all this.

Letts C10 A4 Two Pages Per Day 2014 Hotel Diary - Red/Black
Letts C10 A4 Two Pages Per Day 2014 Hotel Diary - Red/Black
Price: 27.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal, 20 April 2014
Good quality of paper, 2 a4 pages per day, black and blood red hard cover. What else do you need?

Empire of the Undead
Empire of the Undead
Price: 10.30

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much of the same again, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Empire of the Undead (Audio CD)
Recycled material. To me GR already consumed their tail and are half way through the butt. I understand that this is (at least in part) the nature of the genre. But this time they went too far. Usually it is that some things remind some things, either done by other bands before or own earlier records. It was always the case with Gamma Ray, but to an acceptable extent. They simply managed to throw enough of the new and fresh to compensate this. This time they went to far. But it's of course just my opinion

Epitome Of Torture
Epitome Of Torture
Price: 17.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece, 4 April 2014
This review is from: Epitome Of Torture (Audio CD)
I don't know how they're doing it but they are. After brilliant "In War And Pieces" they release another jewel of extreme metal. There are no weak songs on this album. Epitome of Torture is a classic disc, in my opinion the best Sodom has ever released. They never lacked good ideas but sound wasn't top notch. On this album they've reached new heights because great ideas met more selective, meaty sound. Someone did a great job producing this stuff.

80/20 Sales and Marketing
80/20 Sales and Marketing
by Perry Marshall
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars I had few aha moments reading this...., 28 Mar 2014
... but as someone mentioned it probably lacks a bit of depth plus I don't believe 80/20 is as universal as Perry seems to make it out to be. Despite little downfalls and generalizations this book still helped me a lot, so it's 5 stars. Treat it as an introduction to very important subject and research it in more depth. thanks to this book I realized that I paid too much attention to the wrong advertising channel and neglected the most important one. It straightened out few things for me so I personally highly recommend it to anyone. Especially someone who is not familiar with Pareto rule and wants to figure out the right order or things to do. Essential points are always neatly summarized at the end of each chapter, so you can quickly come back to the most information and scan it.

The Racketeer
The Racketeer
Price: 3.49

2.0 out of 5 stars I left this book in the middle. Popcorn, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Racketeer (Kindle Edition)
I've been reading this at work, at my breaks. I started this book with positive expectations, dropped it somewhere around page 150. Very careless, shallow and hurried writing considering Grisham's writing capacity. Plot is diluted, main character very undefined, weak, without character. There is no depth in psychology of characters etc. When I compare it with the book I read previously ("The black echo" by Michael Connelly) it's simply unreadable. Waste of time

Kindly Bent To Free Us
Kindly Bent To Free Us
Offered by MEGA Media FBA
Price: 9.33

3.0 out of 5 stars In my opinion their worst album, 24 Mar 2014
This review is from: Kindly Bent To Free Us (Audio CD)
First average Cynic album. I love Focus and Portal Tapes. Traced in Air has some good songs on it too. But this is regress. Diluted "density" and "complexity" on one hand and rather average melodies on the other. On top of that vocals are nothing special. Male vocals were never a strong point in their music but now Masvidal's mannerisms are unbearable for me. I listened to this few times but don't really like it. If for some people "kindly...." is brilliant than more power to them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3