Profile for Justine Oldfield-Rowell > Reviews

Content by Justine Oldfie...

Justine Oldfield-Rowell

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Hatshepsut: The Pharaoh's Daughter
Hatshepsut: The Pharaoh's Daughter

5.0 out of 5 stars the joy in the writing were there in full and I ..., 4 Sep 2014
I wasn't sure, as I began to read, whether this story would be acceptable. The characters introduced didn't seem real and I was wondering if I had mistakenly bought a child's story, when suddenly it all became clear. The clear plot lines, the joy in the writing were there in full and I couldn't stop reading until it was time to stop and eat, whereat I did stop, but straight after went straight back to reading. A cracking good story and a story of Egyptian politics around who would rule either or both of upper and lower Egypt.

The House of Rameses
The House of Rameses

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful story of Ancient Egypt, 4 Sep 2014
A wonderful story of Ancient Egypt, where the characters are brought to life and I felt that I wanted to climb into the story to help support this noble house of Egypt.

Bulk Hardware Solid Brass Twin Robe Hook
Bulk Hardware Solid Brass Twin Robe Hook

5.0 out of 5 stars ... I was looking for and very clean and very sturdy.., 4 Sep 2014
Just what I was looking for and very clean and very sturdy....does the job I wanted it to do. Can't ask for more than that can I?

The Curse of Anubis - A Mystery in Ancient Egypt (The Mummifier's Daughter Series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars although some are not very good. This book is one of the good stories ..., 4 Sep 2014
All the stories of life (and death) in ancient Egypt are interesting, although some are not very good. This book is one of the good stories and I would suggest anyone with an interest in Ancient Egypt has a look at this book.

Womens/Ladies 4 Pack Plain Dyed Handkerchiefs 100% Cotton, Assorted Colours
Womens/Ladies 4 Pack Plain Dyed Handkerchiefs 100% Cotton, Assorted Colours
Offered by one-stop-eshop

5.0 out of 5 stars You couldn't ask for better, the light pastel shades are wonderful, 4 Sep 2014
You couldn't ask for better, the light pastel shades are wonderful, the size of the hankie is perfect and the material (cotton wove) is wonderful too. I have spent a long time scouring shops that I thought might sell them, but no, always with embroidery of some sort where I wanted just plain. The quality of the material is apparent immediately that they are freed from their packaging. Can't recommend them heartily enough.

Air Wick Aquamist 2 X 345ml Freesia And Jasmine
Air Wick Aquamist 2 X 345ml Freesia And Jasmine
Offered by Concord Extra

5.0 out of 5 stars I found this deal and was utterly delighted. Easy to order and quick to deliver - ..., 4 Sep 2014
Unable to purchase locally, I found this deal and was utterly delighted. Easy to order and quick to deliver - well worth a try to anyone else wanting truly wonderful mist spray bouquet of Freesia and Jasmine. I sometimes spray just so that I get the wonderful scent in the room I happen to be in - even the spare room.

Halogen Heater Replacement Tubes - 197 mm Pack Of 3
Halogen Heater Replacement Tubes - 197 mm Pack Of 3
Offered by One Click Wonder

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Aug 2014
Make sure that you have the measurements on your Halogen heater....it isn't a one size fits all.

Logitech M185 Wireless Mouse - Blue
Logitech M185 Wireless Mouse - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Mice that do do their job., 5 April 2014
I have used mice of different sorts, from the ones that are wire, rather than wireless. I have liked some and not others, but never really thought I would be interesting in which mouse would be easy to use, look good and work so easily - sitting in the palm of your hand as well.

If you need a new mouse and aren't sure what to go for, I would recommend this one, with it's small and unobtrusive flash card that plugs into the computer and then not actually seen or needed to be seen, for a long tim.

I've have had this mouse for around five years and looked at mice bought by other users, but still think my mouse is the best - and the blue stripe just underpins how to look good but not intrusive. I have two computers and three identical mice - I need to feel comfortable that I won't get caught short, should my mouse die for some reason.

Luxury Ladies Girls Super Soft Genuine Fur Cuff Sheepskin Lined Suede Leather Slippers with Full Back
Offered by Oakgrain Leather

5.0 out of 5 stars Slippers to live in, 5 April 2014
I have always loved slippers like these, but for many years thought that they were priced beyond my budget. Then I cam across an advert offering these slippers at very seriously helpful price.
Now that I am retired and enjoying life run at my speed and interest, I bought a pair of the slippers and wear them every day - almost. When the underside finally wore out to the point that they were hard to wear, I went on line and bought another pair....all so very easy and fast.
These are the slippers to go for if you want something to wear indoors and something to snuggle into whilst still looking good.

The Every Other Day Diet
The Every Other Day Diet

4.0 out of 5 stars How to lose weight, 5 April 2014
I bought the book because someone in Wales was talking to someone I know, and he swore by this way of losing weight. The dietitian that I went to see at my medical practice recommended not eating foods we like and to simply count calories and to stay off sugar and salt in any food.

This book suggests that losing weight by simply eating what you want, on one day and then fasting - well almost - the next, so that your mind can see how easy it will be to stop eating for one day -other than about 500 calories - because you can tell your body that the next day you can eat what you want. This seems a better idea than spending every time every day, worrying about what you shouldn't or mustn't eat, with nothing to help you achieve your goal that isn't unending torture.

If anyone is interested in reading about how to have a day of pleasure followed by a day of not eating much but always safe in the knowledge that it isn't long until the day of eating pleasure comes around again.

Much more do-able.