Profile for Mike Eccles > Reviews

Collins Nature Guide - Butterflies and Moths
Collins Nature Guide - Butterflies and Moths
by H. Hofmann

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - met all my expectations!, 10 July 2014
I needed a compromise between a very simple guide and a very comprehensive guide that I possessed. I have other books in the Collins Nature Guide series, and looking at it on line led me to believe that this little volume would fulfil the need (and at a very reasonable price). It is excellent and has met all my expectations.

Be Obedient ( Genesis 12- 24 ): Learning the Secret of Living by Faith
Be Obedient ( Genesis 12- 24 ): Learning the Secret of Living by Faith
by Warren W. Wiersbe
Price: 7.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Great spiritual insight and historical context., 8 April 2014
Once again Wiersby provides insight and stimulation to support the contemplative reading of the bible. With this volume I have reached the end of Abraham's life as described in Genesis The combination of spiritual interpretation with many cross references to other parts of the bible, and description of the historical context works really well for me. I now move on to the next volume, "Be Authentic" guiding me through Genesis 25-50.

Wool Overs Men's Lambswool V Neck Jumper Wooded Medium
Wool Overs Men's Lambswool V Neck Jumper Wooded Medium
Offered by Wool Overs Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money!, 31 Mar 2014
I have been looking for an alternative to M&S V-necked wool sweaters for some time. I wear shirt and tie and sweater for a lot of the time and have become increasingly disappointed about M&S colour range and cost. I found Wool Overs through a Google search and this sweater was my first purchase. It fits perfectly, has a great cut around the neck and feels like a "proper" wool jumper. I have now bought two more such is my positive response! Delivery service excellent too.

The Shock of the Fall
The Shock of the Fall
by Nathan Filer
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised that I found this to be so gripping., 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Shock of the Fall (Paperback)
I am very surprised by the fact that I really enjoyed reading this gripping and unusual adventure into the world of mental illness. The story of Matt and Simon reveals itself in a cleverly erratic manner - the author has been inspired in a most original way. There were times when I just could not put the book down. There were also frustrating times when I had no time to read on.

A warning: if you cannot cope with the use of the "f" word I would advise you to think carefully before starting to read. Having said that, I have an aversion to foul language and nearly stopped reading at my first few encounters, but then the story gripped me and I could see why the words were appearing as they did...

I thoroughly commend this book.

HP - Glossy paper - glossy - A4 (210 x 297 mm) - 50 sheet(s)
HP - Glossy paper - glossy - A4 (210 x 297 mm) - 50 sheet(s)
Price: 11.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!, 22 Mar 2014
As a self employed consultant it is important to me that I present myself and my resources in a way that demonstrates quality. I needed to prepare some high quality trifold flyers to hand out at a business presentation where many people would see and hear me for the first time. I needed to print in colour on both sides of A4 glossy paper. This product was the first that I could find that seemed to meet my requirements. The results were outstanding in quality and people were amazed that I could produce such materials without resort to a commercial printer. An excellent product.

Game Birdy Plates Set of 4
Game Birdy Plates Set of 4
Offered by The Mutt's Nuts
Price: 22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful plates, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: Game Birdy Plates Set of 4
We already had some Birdy plates and wanted more with different designs. These colourful game bird side plates fitted the bill perfectly. They're an excellent size as well, a little larger than the ones we used before. Ok in the dishwasher too! Delightful.

Be Basic: Believing the Simple Truth of God's Word, Genesis 1-11
Be Basic: Believing the Simple Truth of God's Word, Genesis 1-11
by Ken Baugh
Price: 7.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Slowing down, challenging, insightful., 21 Mar 2014
When I read my bible I am tempted to read quickly, skimming over the detail, perhaps searching for a nugget of guidance or wisdom. This commentary (and the other by Wiersby that I've read) changes that for me. The text slows me down, expands the detail, challenges my thinking, offers the author's clearly explained insights. Genesis is a long and seminal start to the bible, I am looking forward to reading all of it with Wiesby's support in his following volumes.

Sacrifice (Ryan Drake 2)
Sacrifice (Ryan Drake 2)
Price: 3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Action from start to finish, 17 Mar 2014
Another action-packed Ryan Drake mission following on very well from the first book in the series. Great bed time reading!

Redemption (Ryan Drake 1)
Redemption (Ryan Drake 1)
Price: 3.59

4.0 out of 5 stars My first, but not my last Ryan Drake, 18 Feb 2014
Gutsy fast moving bed time reading. If you like undercover and military style undertakings, inevitable exaggerated then you will enjoy this!

Be Comforted ( Isaiah ): Feeling Secure in the Arms of God
Be Comforted ( Isaiah ): Feeling Secure in the Arms of God
by Dr Warren W Wiersbe
Price: 7.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Challenging and enlightening, 15 Feb 2014
This is the first time I have read right through a book in the bible and used a commentary to help me. I have found it to be both a challenging and enlightening experience. I don't believe that I would have persisted without the helpful insights and explanations offered by Warren Weirsbe. I'm ready for another now, perhaps Genesis...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6