Profile for john Hall-Freeman > Reviews

Content by john Hall-Freeman

john Hall-Freeman

St Germain
St Germain

4.0 out of 5 stars A new take on old blues material and a fantastic new interpretation of modern North African world music, 3 Nov. 2015
This review is from: St Germain (Audio CD)
A new take on old blues material and a fantastic new interpretation of modern North African world music,hopefully we don't have to wait 10 years for his next album ?

April 11, 1970 Fillmore West
April 11, 1970 Fillmore West
Offered by skyvo-direct

1.0 out of 5 stars This was a very great time for Miles Davis every sound he made sounds ..., 27 July 2015
This was a very great time for Miles Davis every sound he made sounds like the future even today 45 years after this recording was made .
Only one star because this is the lousiest Lo Fi sound on any cd purchased in the past year,my advice buy the official bootleg instead which is very long clean and mean. And will keep your ears occupied for weeks !

Stand Well Back
Stand Well Back

5.0 out of 5 stars Would love them to tour here in Oz, 20 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Stand Well Back (Audio CD)
I stood to close ! Would love them to tour here in Oz.

L'Ascenseur Pour L'Echafaud
L'Ascenseur Pour L'Echafaud
Offered by OOdals

5.0 out of 5 stars This classic soundtrack album which I did get to hear ..., 4 Aug. 2014
This classic soundtrack album which I did get to hear till many years after it's first issue long after Kind of Blue and Bitches Brew is revealed in its utter beauty in the form of this Pure Audio blu ray disc,I'm now looking forward to hi def versions of more albums from all periods in this gob smacking sound format .(Bitches Brew , Agarta and Pangaea ?)

Leucocyte - e.s.t. [VINYL]
Leucocyte - e.s.t. [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern classic, 28 April 2014
This review is from: Leucocyte - e.s.t. [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I'm sorry that I missed this fantastic group live unfortunately for me they played in my home town at the Arts Festival of Perth Australia after playing here they went on to record this and 301 in Sydney and I had not a clue who they were , now I cant stop playing all of their cds.

Miles At The Fillmore: Miles Davis 1970: The Bootleg Series Vol. 3
Miles At The Fillmore: Miles Davis 1970: The Bootleg Series Vol. 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Expanded Miles, 28 April 2014
This is a new view of an established classic electric album that will need my wife away for a dayout so that I can play it LOUD.

Immunity
Immunity

1.0 out of 5 stars Thanks Amazon, 28 April 2014
This review is from: Immunity (Audio CD)
Thanks to Amazon I managed to obtain this cd that I had ordered but missed due to a oversight after recieving a number of cds that have hogged my cd player and my phone from the band E.S.T. .
This cd did not live up to any online reviews and is barely so so, what intrigued me when I played it a second time due to Amazon requesting a review , is that on the inside cover it has a printed FOR PROMOTIONAL USE ONLY/NOT FOR SALE !

Terje Rypdal
Terje Rypdal

5.0 out of 5 stars ECM Classic, 18 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Terje Rypdal (Audio CD)
This album was one of the earliest ECM releases on LP ,after many years without a copy it was quite a revelation after a gap of 20 to hear it on CD it has made me think of buying a mint second hand LP as well.
A great introduction to European new jazz of the 1970's.

Miles and Jo: Love Story in Blue
Miles and Jo: Love Story in Blue
by Jo Gelbard

3.0 out of 5 stars miles moods, 18 Nov. 2013
To much a concentration on Miles Davis moods and not enough about their joint fantastic art effort.
As a relationship or "love story" OK.