Profile for SugarRayClay > Reviews

SugarRayClay

Luck
Luck

5.0 out of 5 stars Ed made me a believer!, 18 Sep 2013
This review is from: Luck (Kindle Edition)
I didn't previously believe in the concept of luck. Instead, I preferred to follow the mantra of one of my all time heroes, Gary Player, who famously once stated "the more I practice, the luckier I get". This book puts forward a compelling alternative theory that, while talent and work ethic undoubtedly influences the direction your life may take, luck, which by definition is out of your control, plays an equally, if not more important, role. Recommended.

KitSound Oxygen Free Aux Cable Compatible with Car Stereos, Smartphones, Tablets and MP3 Devices Including iPhone 4/4S/5/5S/5C/6/6 Plus, iPad 2/3/4/Air/Mini, iPod Nano 7th Generation, iPod Touch 5th Generation, Samsung Galaxy S2/S3/S4/S5, Galaxy Note 2/3, Galaxy Tab 2/3/4, Amazon Fire Phone, Xperia Z1/Z2, HTC One/One M8 and Google Nexus 5/7/10 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 3 May 2013
Brilliant bit of kit which enables me to listen to my iPhone as I drive. Cord is a little long but is easily tucked away in the glove box.

Rayzor Professional Lightweight UV400 Black Sports Wrap Cycling Sunglasses, With a Smoked Mirrored Anti-Glare Lens.
Offered by Sports Eyewear

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent spare pair, 3 May 2013
Bought these to replace a more expensive pair that were beginning to show signs of wear and tear. Well made, comfortable and stylish for the price - although these are used only for golf as oppose to everyday use because of the mirrored effect of the lense which is a bit showy!

Urban-Muscle (New Edition - 317 Illustrated Pages): Build Your Dream Physique Quickly and Easily Without Drugs or Supplements

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and simple to follow guide for building muscle / getting fit, 26 Dec 2012
I've lifted weights on and off for several years and although I've read several books / articles on the subject, I've often found that they're either overly complicated, too ambitious or provide conflicting advice which sooner or later lead to me losing motivation. With my fortieth year fast approaching, I decided to make one final concerted effort to get in shape and was in need to a new book to inspire me. I came across this e-book whilst browsing on amazon and for the £2 asking price thought I'd give it a go. I wasn't disappointed.

Although its a relatively short read (I got through it in a few hours) I though it was excellent. I liked the way the book was structured' with the introduction proving a brief history of the rise and fall of the sport of body building. Subsequent chapters covered all the basics I was looking for. Chapter 1 'Why Bother?' was a timely reminder of why I wanted to return to weight training. Chapters 2 - 5 covered lots of the fundamental info you require before you pick up a dumbbell; is your choice of gym a good one? Are you wearing the right clothes ? And how much time and money should you be spending?

Section 2 (chapters 6 - 8) provides a useful insight into the psychology of bodybuilding with the clear message that you should aim to be the 'best YOU can be' through simple hard work, no gimmicks or drugs.

Section 3 (chapters 9 - 14) gives details of how each body part should be trained, the various techniques you use to do so, the ten best and worst exercise and a useful 7 day planner for how you can schedule your weights / cardio work outs.

Section 4 ( chapters 15 - 16) explains why cardio vascular exercise is so important whilst Section 5 covers the all important subject of nutrition, and provides lots of interesting information on how to get bigger 'clean'.

In summary, although I had read some of the information provided in the e book previously, its written in an entertaining, no nonsense style and there was lots of new, useful information too. Recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2013 7:20 PM GMT

DURAGADGET Vehicle Air Vent Mount With Adjustable And Padded Holder For Apple iPhone 4S
Offered by GADGETPLUSUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 20 Feb 2012
Purchased this to hold an iPhone4 in a Ford Focus. Fits both the phone and air vent of the car perfectly. A little bit fiddly to install at first (as other reviewers have commented, the product arrives with no instructions) but once fitted, it feels very sturdy. No complaints!

Lifemax/RNIB Men's Talking Atomic Watch 407 with Strap
Lifemax/RNIB Men's Talking Atomic Watch 407 with Strap

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 31 Oct 2011
Purchased for my Dad who has Alzheimers / poor eyesight and consequently struggles to tell the time. He is now able to press a button and the watch does clearly tells him to the time and date - brilliant. Time is atomically controlled so is always right, which is a nice bonus. Watch is a little bulky and I replaced the original strap with a velcro one in order to make it easier to put on / take off. Recommended.

Seiko Men's Automatic Submariner Watch # SKX031K2
Seiko Men's Automatic Submariner Watch # SKX031K2

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply stunning, 12 Oct 2010
Purchased this watch a year ago for £130 and I still love it. Similar in appearance to the Rolex Submariner, but it's not an exact copy and isn't intended to be. I replaced the flimsy folded links bracelet with a more substantial Oyster strap and it looks the absolute business. Being an automatic watch, it will never require a battery and keeps excellent time. It tends to lose around 3 - 4 minutes a month (which is on a par with most automatic watches) but it is so quick and easy to adjust this isn't a problem. I'm no diver so the 10 bar (100 metre) water resistance is more than enough. I've always been a fan of watches and own several others but they haven't had a look in since purchasing this one.

The Golf Swing Simplified
The Golf Swing Simplified
by John Jacobs

5.0 out of 5 stars John Jacobs knows golf inside out!, 11 Oct 2010
Bought this to complement another title I own by the author, Practical Golf. The latter represented an excellent instructional book which provided guidance on all aspects of the game including the fundamentals, the long game, the short game and even the mental side. The golf swing simplified is different in that it only concentrates on the golf swing and it does exactly what is says on the tin. Since reading the book, my game has improved drastically. I currently play off a handicap of 8, and I have high hopes of reducing my handicap when club competitions restart next year. No jargon, no nonsense, just good advice which will assist golfers of any level to hit well struck straight golf shots more often. Highly recommended.