ARRAY(0xab3f72f4)

Profile for Jason L. Grech > Reviews

Content by Jason L. Grech

Jason L. Grech "jason" (Australia)

The Very Best Of Ultravox
The Very Best Of Ultravox
Offered by Sent2u
Price: 8.50

5.0 out of 5 stars IMMACULATE SYNTH GENIUS, 29 May 2009
I basically bought this item for the DVD. The past Ultravox DVD which was the same as the VHS complilation is nowhere as BRILLIANT as this DVD.

I had to buy this as soon as I saw "Sleepwalk" Live from St Albans 1980. This performance and version is so raw electronic and shows how pioneering Electronic/Synth and New Romantic was at the time and how influencial it still is. "Sleepwalk" is certainly without a doubt, one of the very best Ultravox tracks, and I am glad it has showed up on this DVD!!! I am also THRILLED that "Vienna" is featured from the same show from 1980. It's an immaculate and ever so beautifully haunting live performance. I am glad I finally have it in great condition and sound*

Another gemm here is a perfomace from "Top Of The Pops" of "All Stood Still". I love when TOTP footage is included on dvd's, and this is one fantastic piece from the BBC archives. Other highlights are "Visions In Blue", my favourite Ultravox single, and amazing choreography dance routine with such androgyny displayed. Of course "The Thin Wall", "Passing Strangers", "Vienna", "Hymn" and all the rest from Ultravox is here. The menu is also quite lovely, very impressed indeed!

As far as the cd is concerned, it is very nice to see that "White China" is included, another masterpiece from the a la fantastique "ULTRAVOX"