Profile for StitchingDragon > Reviews

Content by StitchingDragon

StitchingDragon "a1698"

Page: 1 | 2
Rainbow Loom Make Your Own Bracelet Kit - Rubber Bands, Twist, Rainbow, Scoobies
Offered by Kasturi Fragrances
Price: 10.99

1.0 out of 5 stars It's French!, 1 Aug 2014
It's French!
Granted, there are a lot of photos in the instructions, but every single word is in French, which isn't very helpful at all.

Paola Reina 302 Carla Golfer Doll
Paola Reina 302 Carla Golfer Doll
Price: 18.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 10 Jun 2014
These dolls, and their outfits, are absolutely beautiful. They are excellent quality. There is also a range of outfits available to buy.

Ecozone Dryer Cubes, Tumble Dryer Balls - new softer material with variable node design. Pack of 2
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!, 10 Jun 2014
These arrived promptly and are just the ticket. They replace my previous ones which I hsd used for years, but had eventually worn out.

BBC Sport (Kindle Tablet Edition)
BBC Sport (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great app, 12 May 2014
This is a really good app. I've only used it for football so far, but it will be interesting to see how it copes with the Tour de France in the summer.

50 Heirloom Buttons to Make
50 Heirloom Buttons to Make
Price: 6.78

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle edition has no colour illustrations at all, 8 Mar 2014
I'm very disappointed that this ebook has NO colour photographs or illustrations in it. Even the cover is black and white. It's nigh on impossible to view the buttons in any detail because of this.

Stahman's Shawls and Scarves: Lace Faroese-Shaped Shaws from the Neck Down & Scamen's Carves
by Myrna A. I. Stahman

5.0 out of 5 stars Spoilt for choice!, 3 Jan 2014
I hadn't seen a copy of this book before purchasing it, but had seen photos of the finished shawls, and wanted to make several!
I assume that the book is out of print, as it usually seems to be priced around the 40 to 50 mark, which was above my budget. However, I decided to check the Amazon listing to see if it was available as a Kindle edition. I was astonished to see a print copy listed for sale at the price of 4.15, despatched from a US seller.
It arrived today and I am very pleased with it. The book itself is in as-New condition, and as for the content..........
There is an excellent selection of both shawls and scarves, with detailed instructions. There are a lot of helpful hints and techniques, as well as information on customizing the garment size to make it tailor made. It is definitely a "sit down and read" book, as well as being an enormous source of future projects. For each shawl and SCARF featured, there is a lit of information provided, such as :- specific yarn used, gauge, finished weight (so that you can work out the required yarn yardage)
All in all, an excellent book that all provide many hours of both knitting and reading enjoyment.

Christmas Ornament Crochet Pattern Set
Christmas Ornament Crochet Pattern Set
Price: 3.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Very sweet designs, 8 Nov 2013
I haven't started the ornaments yet, but have read through the pattern, and will be starting them in a few days time.
The designs look lovely, and the pattern seems well written, BUT, US designers, please spare a thought for the rest of the world! The lettered sizing system for hooks makes no sense to people used to another systeml, in my case, I am used to the metric system. Is it too much to ask for hook sizes to be quoted in both ways?! I do get fed up having to check conversions!!
(Now that's my gripe over!)

All in all, great designs, and I'm looking forward to making some.

Sudoku
Sudoku
Price: 0.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Great app!, 8 Nov 2013
This review is from: Sudoku (App)
I bought this app today, and so far I love it. A great alternative to the paper and pen option.

Sock-Yarn Shawls: 15 Lacy Knitted Shawl Patterns
Sock-Yarn Shawls: 15 Lacy Knitted Shawl Patterns
Price: 5.51

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but...., 8 Nov 2013
I do like this book, it has some lovely designs in it. However, the photography leaves a lot to be desired. The photos are clear, but, in my opinion, far too small.

Birds of Britain
Birds of Britain
Price: 0.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Great app, no problems with it, 19 Oct 2013
This review is from: Birds of Britain (App)
I am fairly "technologically" challenged, but I've had no problems with this app at all. It downloaded at the first attempt, and each time I've used it, it has worked perfectly. Handy app for when using a "real book" (!!) wouldn't be feasible.

Page: 1 | 2