Profile for Joyce Barrie > Reviews

Content by Joyce Barrie

Joyce Barrie

On a Razor's Edge (Darkness #3)
On a Razor's Edge (Darkness #3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too impressed, 13 May 2014
I've enjoyed this series, but I'm not impressed by the VERY short length of this "book". It's more of a taster for the next book than a proper offering and I feel it's a cynical ploy to take advantage of loyal readers. I know it was a very small fee, but it wasn't very honest. We would have waited you know!!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Top buy : MarBlue EcoVue Genuine Leather Standing Case for Kindle Fire, 11 May 2014
I confess I only bought this because it was on a special price - I have been so disappointed with all my other Kindle cases one way or another, but I found to my great delight that this is an excellent case - sturdy and secure when in use. When raked, the screen doesn't collapse down as you're typing like so many do and it has four rake positions. It has a very handy strap to slide your hand into, nice and wide, so you can bend the case back on itself and hold it easily for reading - on public transport for instance. Be aware that although you can stand your Kindle so the screen is in portrait mode (ie short edge to top), it is totally upright - you can't rake it, but I think this is a really minor point. I think most people only use it this way round for reading anyway and the back strap is very secure. I have tried many different Kindle cases and I have to say this is the best one I have found.