Profile for Jennie Harrod > Reviews

Content by Jennie Harrod

Jennie Harrod (Isle of Wight UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Walk! The Isle of Wight (2nd edition)
Walk! The Isle of Wight (2nd edition)
by Martin Simons

3.0 out of 5 stars Gold plated pages and Platinum Bound perhaps!?, 11 Sept. 2014
Looks like a wonderful book and living on the beautiful island this just what my husband is looking for. However I am concerned that the description does not do it justice. The pages are obviously made of gold with silver plated hand writing thereon. The Isle of Wight is if course a Diamond and this guide is priced accordingly - could it be our streets are also paved with gold? (I know they are all being resurfaced by a company called Island Roads but from the samples of their handiwork so far gilding is certainly not on their agenda - neither is filling potholes to be honest). It should be noted that some areas of the island are being rapidly claimed by Neptune, and storms earlier this year meant that much of the Undercliff is now either missing or too dangerous to navigate either by vehicle or on foot (residents have even had to move out of their homes and there is a serious debate now underway as to whether the area will be made safe and re inhabited).
Other areas which have now been lost include parts of Culver Cliffs, Blackgang Chine and Totland Esplanade. Despite this there are so many areas to enjoy on foot (or in my case on a mobility scooter) including coastal, downland and woodlands for a wide variety fitness levels, however I doubt you can afford to visit us once you have brought this guide at £3,799.01 unless of course the price includes the purchase of a beach hut too! Don't forget to buy the accompanying OS map - a snip at £2,499.01

Neewer Black Underwater Sport Waterproof Swimmer MP3 Player For Windows XP Vista Mac

3.0 out of 5 stars Not made to last, 5 July 2014
It is a bit annoying to cope with the wires on this and the clips have come off a number of times. Sadly it has packed up after just a few months but I suppose you get what you pay for.

Ice Towel - Sports Cooling Towel - Keep 20 Degrees Cooler (Pink)
Ice Towel - Sports Cooling Towel - Keep 20 Degrees Cooler (Pink)
Offered by Explosive Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool calm and collected!, 5 July 2014
Lovely, I use it as a headrest on the armchair on hot days and just 'Chill!'

iMobi Accessories Doro Liberto 810 Yellow Leather PU Pull Tab Case Cover Pouch
iMobi Accessories Doro Liberto 810 Yellow Leather PU Pull Tab Case Cover Pouch
Offered by iMobi Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 5 July 2014
Fits and does the job. I chose yellow so I could see it in my handbag - but it still manages to hide!

Misfit Shine Personal Physical Activity Monitor - Black
Misfit Shine Personal Physical Activity Monitor - Black
Offered by DynamicSales UK

2.0 out of 5 stars No use for ANY of my devices (ipad, Galaxy Note 2 or Doro Liberto mobile), 5 July 2014
I brought this having seen it advertised in Prima magazine as being waterproof and able to link with an iPad, however once I received it I found the apps were incompatible with either, my original iPad, my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, or my Doro Liberto mobile phone. It is very difficult to find a suitable activity monitoring device that is suitable for swimming (I cannot walk far due to MS) and although I could input data manually on a laptop that defeated the object as I am already doing that through the 'SwimFit' campaign and 'virtually' swimming around the Isle of Wight. I had to send this back and was very disappointed as it would have been ideal. I have since brought a Polar Loop which I have yet to try out in the pool but at least it relays data to my laptop (although the apps for that are not compatible with any of my devices either). Misfit are going to make their adverts clearer to say that it won't work on the devices that many people still use and I suspect they will lose sales due to it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 10, 2014 2:26 AM BST

Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Tracker and Sleep Wristband - Slate
Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Tracker and Sleep Wristband - Slate
Offered by DynamicSales UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for motivation and useful even if you don't have a modern ios or Android device, 5 July 2014
I brought this for a rather unfit husband who is not so much carrying a six pack as a Party Seven (remember those?). He is also a bit of a technophobe, and like me, has not entered the age of the smart phone or modern tablet. This is therefore ideal as he can connect it wirelessly to his laptop and monitor his steps, distance and calories burned. It is definitely making him more aware of his activity levels and he is going out for walks several times a week and reaching his 10,000 steps most days. It buzzes on his wrist when he reaches this and I think it also lets him know at 5,000 steps too. I would have had one of these too if I was able to walk any distance but as I have MS I cannot accompany him on his 'treks!', had this have been waterproof though I might have done as despite not being able to walk far I swim 3 times a week and this would not be suitable and I have had to find an alternative. It is ideal to motivate anyone who wants to gradually increase their fitness through walking, jogging or running and I suspect, (but am unable to comment on how well it communicates with mobile devices) that it works well then too.

Cross Common Nursery Desfontainea spinosa
Cross Common Nursery Desfontainea spinosa
Offered by Cross Common Nursery

4.0 out of 5 stars Saw this at Osborne and sought it out, 30 Dec. 2013
Hubby wanted one of these after seeing it at Osborne House - a Holly on flower in December! It looks very similar to a plant we used to have called a Chilean Vine and indeed the other name for this is Chilean Holly, hopefully this will not be as invasive as it's predecessor though. The plant arrived well packaged and is flowering in the conservatory at the moment and will be planted out in the spring (when we find somewhere to put it).

Rocket Dog Sugardaddy Womens Boots SUGARDADDYSD Brown 8 UK, 41 EU
Rocket Dog Sugardaddy Womens Boots SUGARDADDYSD Brown 8 UK, 41 EU
Price: Click here to see our price

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy and warm but...., 30 Dec. 2013
I love these and wear them without socks as they have a warm lining. It is just as well though as they are very tight across the top of my feet and putting them on is therefore a struggle. Once they are on they are lovely and there us no problem with sizing around my chunky calves which I was worried about.

Philips Sonicare HX9332/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush White
Philips Sonicare HX9332/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush White
Offered by SUNVIS STORE

4.0 out of 5 stars Strange way to charge it but it works well, 30 Dec. 2013
Not quite sure why they changed the charging system for this - you can either charge it by placing it in an ionic glass or in a travel box both using a USB plug! Still, it us an excellent product with a variety of settings from whitening to sensitive and gum health. I much prefer it to the oral B and it works in a different way by ' frothing' the toothpaste and forcing it around and between your teeth - be careful to keep your mouth closed though or it could get messy! I just use it on the whitening setting and follow it with the rechargeable air flosser for what 'feels' like the best clean ever, as for having diamond white teeth - that is a tall order for a 53 year old tea and red wine drinker and I have only been using it a week so hopefully there will be some visible improvement in time.

Philips Sonicare AirFloss HX8211/02 Rechargeable Power Flosser
Philips Sonicare AirFloss HX8211/02 Rechargeable Power Flosser

5.0 out of 5 stars This is wonderful and does a better job than my hygienist did!, 30 Dec. 2013
If only my hygienist used one of these I would go back. My teeth were fine until after many years and a diagnosis of MS I thought I had better get a dentist and have them checked. It transpired I had bone loss and gum disease and needed intensive scaling to remove tartar. These treatments always made my gums bleed badly and I hate the touch of metal on my teeth. She left me with such sensitive teeth I cannot bear to go back again as I know it will be too painful. So I now have one of these and it is incredible. It does cause some bleeding but I believe this is because it is actually removing hardened plaque and tartar. I use it after my Sonicare toothbrush every evening (well for the last 3 evenings since I opened it - it was a Christmas present) and my teeth feel cleaner than the hygienist ever did.

Page: 1 | 2