Profile for Alison loves films > Reviews

Content by Alison loves films

Alison loves films (Northamptonshire, UK)

Alone (The Girl in the Box Book 1)
Alone (The Girl in the Box Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought they were very good. Looking for the next series now to see ..., 3 May 2015
Read the first three "Girl in the Box" for free, was so hooked on them I paid for the remaining seven in the series. I thought they were very good. Looking for the next series now to see what that is like.

Powerball 250 Hz Pro - Amber
Powerball 250 Hz Pro - Amber

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, not just an exercise gadget, 4 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Powerball 250 Hz Pro (Sports)
I bought this as a secret santa for a guy in his mid-20s at work. He was a bit dubious at first as he's not a chap generally into too much exercising but he got the hang of it and found it great fun, soon they were all trying to beat each other in making it spin faster. I was so pleased I bought my son one for christmas too! and he loved it as well. Excellent value.

The Mists of Avalon [Region 2] [import]
The Mists of Avalon [Region 2] [import]
Dvd ~ Anjelica Huston
Offered by ____THE_BEST_ON_DVD____

4.0 out of 5 stars told from a female viewpoint, 8 Nov. 2007
Here we have another Camelot, Avalon, King Arthur film, but told from a female viewpoint which made a refreshing change. It is full of mysticism, loyalty, magic and passion. The acting generally is very good, the scenery and music support the film beautifully. It is a long film (nearly 3 hours) but if you like to be absorbed into a film, like I do, then that is not a problem.

Angelica Huston was superb as the Lady of the Lake. Julianna Margulies, Michael Vartan and Edward Atherton all played their parts with passion and sensitivity - I thought they were excellent and their on-screen chemistry really worked. I didn't like Samantha Mathias in this film though, I thought Guinevere would have been better played by someone like Kate Winslet or Naomi Watts. The english accents spoken by the american actors were inconsistent, hence the 4 star rating.

I'd read a lot of pretty negative reviews about this film, generally written by people who had read the book first. Personally I don't think you can compare two very different mediums, this story is a legend and it really does depend whether a particular interpretation works for you - this film worked for me and I really enjoyed it.