Profile for sew'n'sew > Reviews

Tudor Roses
Tudor Roses
by Alice Starmore

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 29 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Tudor Roses (Hardcover)
What a wonderful book! The quality is outstanding, the presentation is divine. The patterns are to die for and must have taken a terrific lot of effort in designing them. There are even short clips of what I assume are the diarys of the ladies they were designed around. If you never get round to knitting any of the garments it is a fabulous book to read and I would heartily recommend it to anyone who is interested in knitting or English history. OK the book isn't cheap but when you see the quality of it you will understand why.

Knit Vintage: More than 20 patterns for starlet sweaters & other knitwear from the 1930s, 1940s & 1950s
by Madeline Weston

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 29 Sept. 2015
This book is amazing, I can honestly say I would wear 95% of these garments. I no longer have the figure to get away with wearing them but they can easily be adapted to make them more, shall we say acceptable to the older and slightly rounder figure.

Dress-To-Impress Knitted Scarves: 24 Extraordinary Designs for Cowls, Kerchiefs, Infinity Loops, & More
by Pam Powers

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 29 Sept. 2015
Brilliant pattern book. To be honest I havent had time to make anything out of it yet but with Christmas coming I will have to make time to get some knitted as stocking fillers. I know I would be highly delighted to receive any one of these scarves as a gift.

Textured Knits: Quick and Easy Step-by-step Projects
Textured Knits: Quick and Easy Step-by-step Projects
by Julia Cooper

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 29 Sept. 2015
There are some wonderful patterns in here, for my taste the best one is on the front cover but I can see this book will keep me busy for some time to come.

Indian Chutneys, Raitas, Pickles and Preserves
Indian Chutneys, Raitas, Pickles and Preserves
by Michael Pandya

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted, 29 July 2015
Bought for son who seems delighted with it.

Knitting Stitches Visual Encyclopedia (Teach Yourself VISUALLY Consumer)
Knitting Stitches Visual Encyclopedia (Teach Yourself VISUALLY Consumer)
by Sharon Turner

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed!, 29 July 2015
I am very disapointed in this book! It is beautifully presented and the pictures are excellent but having tried two of the lace stitches I've found they have some bad errors in them, one of which I can not figure out how to correct despite having nearly 50 years experience. There is no web site to goo to to see if any correction have been made since the book was printed.

Blood Eagle
Blood Eagle
by Craig Russell

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't review, 10 July 2015
This review is from: Blood Eagle (Paperback)
I can't review this book as it was bought for my son but he seems pleased with it.

A Fear of Dark Water
A Fear of Dark Water
by Craig Russell

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't review., 10 July 2015
This review is from: A Fear of Dark Water (Paperback)
I can't review his book as it was bought for my son who seems pleased with it.

Nina Ottosson Dog Tornado Activity Toy
Nina Ottosson Dog Tornado Activity Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent toy., 10 July 2015
Very well made excellent toy. I am struggling to get my 2 year old dog to eat, he is perfectly healthy but a very fussy eater. I bought this intending to place his food in it so he has to think about how to get to it and in effect make him work for it. It's day 1 and I am pleased to report and it seems to be working so far as he's had his full days quota of food.

Pack of 10 Bird Tree Butterfly Flower Print Patterns, 4 Holes Round Wooden Buttons, for Sewing, Scrapbooking, Embelishments, Crafts, Jewellery making, shabby chic, Knitting, 30mm
Offered by MaiShe“store (HK 10-25days)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty., 10 July 2015
Very pretty unusual buttons. Very good quality. I will not hesitate to use this seller again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17