Profile for sew'n'sew > Reviews

Cake: 200 fabulous foolproof baking recipes
Cake: 200 fabulous foolproof baking recipes
by Rachel Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best., 24 Nov 2014
One of the most comprehensive cake recipe books I have ever purchased. Written in Rachel's easy style. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys cake making, it's got everything from dead easy to something more elaborate, there's even recipes for gluten free cakes for anyone intolerant to gluten. Brilliant book.

Chicago Metallic Gourmet Ware Popover Pan 6 Cavity
Chicago Metallic Gourmet Ware Popover Pan 6 Cavity

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., 19 April 2014
I purchased this to use for making Yorkshire puddings which is basically what a popover is. I can honestly say it turns out the best Yorkie's ever, they turn out perfectly every time and never stick. I am delighted with this tray and would say it is well worth the cost. It's quite heavy and of very good quality.

Fit for Real People: Sew Great Clothes Using ANY Pattern (Sewing for Real People)
by Pati Palmer

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic,, 19 April 2014
This book is fantastic. It goes into great detail without being overly complicated. There is even a short history on how women's shapes have changed over the years, which I found very interesting and to be honest a little shocking. It's very easy to understand with photo guidance every step of the way. I would heartily recommend this book for the beginner or experienced sewer.

Direct-2-Your-Door - Blackberry 9720 Magnetic Premium PU Leather Pull Tab Flip Case Cover Pouch - White
Offered by Direct-2-Your-Door

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 19 April 2014
This is a smart looking protective case, The tab is surprisingly strong and makes it easy to get the phone out.

Perfect Fit: A Practical Guide to Adjusting Sewing Patterms for a Professional Finish
by Creative Publishing International

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative., 19 April 2014
This is one of the most informative books on pattern fitting I have ever read. It's clearly written easy to understand and has pictures to guide you every step of the way and well worth every penny it costs.

Emilio Luca X Ladies Black Pleat Ballet Flat Casual Shoe Size 10
Emilio Luca X Ladies Black Pleat Ballet Flat Casual Shoe Size 10

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor fit., 1 April 2014
They are very nice shoes but unfortunately I have had to return them as they do not fit as a UK size 10 they are fitting more like a US size 10 (UK 81/2 - 9) I am very disappointed.

Ancol - Padded Nylon Dog Car Harness - Size - Medium
Ancol - Padded Nylon Dog Car Harness - Size - Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 20 Dec 2013
Pro's......
Soft and well padded. Excellent device to keep your dog in a one place when out in the car, keeps your dog and you safe, no danger of the dog flying through the windscreen or hitting and possibly killing anyone in front of him.

Con's......
The seatbelt clip does not fit my car, however we found a way round it by adding an oval screw up type ring to the metal part of the cars seatbelt clip (sorry no idea what they are called) but found in B&Q.

Dell C1660W Wireless Colour Laser Printer (12ppm)
Dell C1660W Wireless Colour Laser Printer (12ppm)
Offered by Elcom Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 20 Dec 2013
I read the reviews about this printer and had my doubts but decided to take a chance and try it knowing I could return it if it proved unsuitable.
Pro's......
I think it's a great little printer, I did have a couple of paper jams at first but found it was due to the paper not being loaded in the correct place. The print is clear and looks so much better than inkjet printers produce, there is even a slight sheen to the pictures I've printed which adds to the quality of my pictures. The cost of the replacement cartridges does seem high but when compared to the cost of inkjet cartridges it does actually represent excellent value for money as they do not dry out in the same way.

Con's......
It could do with some sort of paper guides to enable you to line the blank paper up in the correct position.

Smoke On The Water (1997 Digital Remaster)
Smoke On The Water (1997 Digital Remaster)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome, 20 Dec 2013
I remember this song first time around and for me it's never lost its appeal and apparently the same goes for all the air guitarists out there. This track was awesome when first released and for me despite the primitive musical equipment available when it was first recorded it sounds like it could have been recorded recently.

Mistress
Mistress
by James Patterson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 20 Dec 2013
This review is from: Mistress (Hardcover)
I purchased this book for my son, I'm not into James Patterson myself but my son thinks he's brilliant. According to him it's a great book with a great story line. My son's a man of few words I'm afraid but for him to say this it's great praise indeed, Sorry I can't add more and having to waffle like this but I'm having to add more words to make this review appear for you due to Amazons rules of so many words to post the review.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5