Profile for Chris T > Reviews

Elbesee Quilting Hoop for Patchwork 18in
Elbesee Quilting Hoop for Patchwork 18in
Offered by The Quilted Bear Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Quilting hoop, 28 Feb. 2016
I'm very pleased with the quilting hoop, although I'm not using it for quilting but as a frame for a fabric collage.

Mermaid Tail Blanket Crochet Pattern
Mermaid Tail Blanket Crochet Pattern

5.0 out of 5 stars Crochet Mermaid tail, 6 Jan. 2016
I love the pattern, it's easy to follow and my granddaughter will be thrilled with it. I expect to be making a few as I know Ruby's little friends will all want one.

Crocheted Hearts (Twenty to Make)
Crocheted Hearts (Twenty to Make)

5.0 out of 5 stars nice clear instructions and mlots of ideas, 30 Oct. 2015
Lovely book, nice clear instructions and mlots of ideas. I would recommend this book to all those who love to crochet.

The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars
by John Green

4.0 out of 5 stars The Fault in Our Stars, 25 May 2015
This review is from: The Fault in Our Stars (Paperback)
I'm still reading this book. I've found it to be extremely moving and have shed many tears. I'm not sure what was the purpose of the author in Amsterdam, I felt he was an added unwanted extra to extend the storyline, but I didn't enjoy that section. The story is very sad and the characters Hazel Grace and Gus were typical teenagers with normal teenage issues, made worse by their cancer. I would recommend it to all ages.

God's Smuggler
God's Smuggler
by Brother Andrew

5.0 out of 5 stars God's Smuggler, 5 Oct. 2013
This review is from: God's Smuggler (Paperback)
I am enjoying this book tremendously. Brother Andrew tells his story with great humour as well as honest Christian views and values. His commitment to take Bibles to Communist countries is incredible, and the way in which different things happened to him through prayer was at all times very moving. I would recommend this book to everyone who believes and those who maybe struggling with their faith. A wonderful true story.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Karrimor Bahamas Ladies Walking Sandals., 28 July 2013
The sandals are very comfortable and stylish, I'm hoping they will serve me well on my walking holiday in Scotland.

Gone Girl
Gone Girl
by Gillian Flynn

4.0 out of 5 stars Gone Girl, 28 July 2013
This review is from: Gone Girl (Paperback)
Although the story started off very well and I was gripped from the first page, it trailed off and the ending was rather disappointing.

Mao's Last Dancer
Mao's Last Dancer
by Cunxin Li

5.0 out of 5 stars Mao's Last Dancer, 28 July 2013
This review is from: Mao's Last Dancer (Paperback)
A wonderful true story about a boy taken from his poor family in Mao's China and how he became a world famous dancer, against all manner of obstacles put in his way. A wonderful read.

The Reason I Jump: one boy's voice from the silence of autism
The Reason I Jump: one boy's voice from the silence of autism
by David Mitchell

5.0 out of 5 stars The Reason I Jump, 28 July 2013
Having an autistic grandson, I found this book extremely informative and very helpful in explaining the reasons why our boy did the things he did. It certainly will help all the family in the future to make sure he has as much support as possible. I loved the book and thought it was a very brave attempt at explaining all the reasons wny these little odd things, are not so odd after all.

Graceland 25th Anniversary Edition CD/DVD [featuring "Under African Skies" film]
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Paul Simon 25th Anniversary, 18 Aug. 2012
This wonderful CD is a joy to listen to. Paul Simon at his very best, reminiscent of his early days with Art Garfunkel. Paul's skill and brilliance at song writing is second to none and I would recomment this CD to everyone. We can't stop listening to it, and have bought it for our son who was thrilled to receive it.

Page: 1 | 2