Profile for keribillen > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 779

keribillen (UK)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Neet® - WiFi Wireless Music Receiver - AIRPLAY + DNLA - for APPLE (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac), ANDROID (phones, tablets), WINDOWS (Laptop, PC) - High quality wireless audio streaming - Wolfson DAC - Turn your Speaker Dock, stereo Hi-Fi, home theatre etc. into a wireless sound system.
Offered by Neet Cables

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well reliably and the digital output allows top-notch ..., 14 Jan. 2015
Works very well reliably and the digital output allows top-notch sound quality (as you'd expect). Tremendous value compared to an Apple Airport Express.

Breaking Shackles: A True Story of Adventure and Discovery
Breaking Shackles: A True Story of Adventure and Discovery

4.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put this down and have since re-read much of it, 1 Sept. 2014
OK, to be completely upfront, I know the author. He is a mate of mine, and a very good man. Modest too...since I've known him he hasn't pushed me to buy or read this. I found it one day advertised on FaceBook and decided to buy it.

When I read the book I got a genuine sense of the various relationships that Phillip experienced during this adventures, and how he handled each of them differently. The strains of life onboard a sailing boat were very well described, as well as the sense of peril on a few occasions. Sailing novices (like me) will struggle to understand many of the sailing terms used, but to be honest this isn't important for getting out of the story what Phillip wants the reader to take out of it.

The last parts of the book, where Phillip describes the techniques he developed to get through life in general (including his serious difficulties), are incredibly useful, and well worth reading over and over again. Much of it is good common sense, but how often in life do we forget all that when caught up in all the dramas and problems that life throws at us every day. Not long after reading the book for the first time I experienced what I can only describe here as a huge personal trauma that continues to hurt me a lot, and will continue to for some time. Every now and again I pick up Phillip's book (metaphorically speaking....it is on my Kindle) and read the last parts of it to remind me of his useful techniques.

What else to say? Some of the writing or punctuation isn't the most elegant but this is minor and does not detract from the messages Phillip is trying to get across.

Wholeheartedly recommended.

Decrescent Universal Case with Micro USB Desktop Docking and Charging Station - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me and has lasted, 1 Sept. 2014
Unlike other such products, this one has lasted for several months and shows no signs of failing any time soon.
Have used it successfully with a range of Samsung Galaxy phones, including the Ace3, S4 mini, Note 3 Neo and Mega.

Science in Sport Go Hydro Lemon - Box of 8 x 10 Tab Tubes
Science in Sport Go Hydro Lemon - Box of 8 x 10 Tab Tubes
Offered by E-BikesDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, 1 Sept. 2014
Handy size to fit in the back pocket of a cycling jersey on long rides. Combined with SIS food bars and nitrate-enhanced gels I am able to perform long distance rides over many days (Lands End to John O'Groats this year) or fast long-distance sportives/rides in one day (e.g. Wiggle Magnificat or South Downs Way).

Comply T-200 Isolation Earphone Tips - (S/M/L) Platinum
Comply T-200 Isolation Earphone Tips - (S/M/L) Platinum

4.0 out of 5 stars Works for me - very well, 1 Sept. 2014
Apart from staining easily (earwax.....), I cannot fault this product. Are easier to insert than the standard set of buds I got with my RHAM600i earphones, but the two biggest advantages of these Comply buds is that they don't fall out and allow superior sound isolation. I heartily recommend this product.

6x Savvies SU75 UltraClear Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo N7505
6x Savvies SU75 UltraClear Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo N7505
Offered by protectionfilms24-com

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice feel and look when on properly, 27 Aug. 2014
Difficult to apply (more difficult than similar products from elsewhere) but works well when applied. Nice feel and look when on properly. Buy lots because in my experience it takes 4 or 5 attempts to get one on correctly.

Lindy 2m USB 2.0 Type A to Micro-B Coiled Cable - Transparent
Lindy 2m USB 2.0 Type A to Micro-B Coiled Cable - Transparent

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this product, 27 Aug. 2014
I like this product. Robust and works well. The downside is its bulk, but this is a minor issue. I have four of these cables and they're the best of their kind that I could find. Will buy again if I need something else like this,

Lezyne Hecto Drive 2014 Rear Bike Light - Black Black, REAR
Lezyne Hecto Drive 2014 Rear Bike Light - Black Black, REAR
Offered by Leisure Lakes Bikes

4.0 out of 5 stars Portable, versatile, robust and bright, 22 April 2014
I'm fed up of cycling lights that break, stop working for no apparent reason, or simply fall off and get lost.
I also don't want to spend lots of money on lights for each bike, and I don't want to have mountings on my bikes when I don't need them (e.g. in the summer).

I use Lezyne hand pumps and track pumps, and I have been impressed with their quality. So I found this Lezyne lamp and decided to try it. I confirm that it is easily mounted to the bike, easily taken off the bike, but holds its position on the seatpost very well. Its is bright enough for normal night time riding, and has a wide selection of different modes (to suit the level of brightness and visibility required). Battery life is useful, and charging is via the ubiquitous microUSB connection (no cable required because it has a plug built onto it....nice. Am very impressed and heartily recommend it.

Waterproof too, unlike the Lezyne Zecto rear light (http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R281ZL5RWPED3B/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm). Have ridden it in the rain for 2hrs in a couple of occasions. No problems during or afterwards.

Cable Matters SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter in Black
Cable Matters SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter in Black
Offered by Cable Matters

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me - very well, 22 April 2014
I have a 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display - purchased new from Apple early 2014.
With Mavericks operating system, this adapter does not work out of the box. The driver must be installed.
I downloaded the driver from the URL shown in the first comment below, and installed it on my Mac.
Result: works just fine. Highly recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2014 1:59 PM BST

Samsung I9205 Galaxy Mega SIM-Free Smartphone - White (6.3-inch, 8GB)
Samsung I9205 Galaxy Mega SIM-Free Smartphone - White (6.3-inch, 8GB)

4.0 out of 5 stars More expensive than an 8" tablet but a lot more useful, 20 Mar. 2014
I've recently been experimenting with Android devices, to see how useful they are and how well they synchronise with iOS and Macs. I've written a review of the Galaxy Tab 3 8" model, which I think is an excellent device: see http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/RODWFJOILTWVX/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00EC9C2E2&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=.

I think the Mega is an even more useful device (as a Tablet....this is how I mainly use it), though is 2x the price. Here is my review of the Mega compared to the 8" Tab 3:

1) When using it single-handedly (e.g. when typing a short email/message and casual browsing), it is a better fit in the hand and weighs a lot less. Therefore, fatigue is much less of an issue when handling it.

2) It seems a lot faster in normal usage. The CPU isn't much quicker but transitions are smoother and Chrome loads webpages a LOT more quickly.

3) I can use it as phone (without a headset, of course), if I want. I use mine with a data SIM, and make&receive calls over VoIP. This even works over 3G. I have my deskphone number (Sipgate) loaded onto the Mega via the native phone app (which can be configured for VoIP calls), and it feels like using a normal mobile phone. When out and about without my regular mobile phone, I can use call forwarding from my mobile to the Mega, so when people call my mobile they are routed to my Mega's phone app. Cool.

4) Battery life seems not quite as good. With intense use it lasts from about 8AM to 5PM. This is with Zoiper and GPS running constantly. Have bought a spare battery and will see how battery life is without GPS always running.

5) For writing documents and long emails I have paired it with a nice Bluetooth keyboard (Perixx PERIBOARD-804i UK, Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard - Silver/White - 261x129x9mm Portable Size - Compatible with iPhone - iPad - iPad Mini - Nexus - Galaxy Tab - S3 - Note - UK Layout (Big Enter)). Works just fine this way. It is held up with a Griffin DS Arrowhead Stand. To be honest, this is no different to using an 8" tablet (which is already too small to write long documents on...the virtual keyboard on any 8" tablet or phablet like the Mega is simply too small).

6) Its slim design means that it fits in my jacket or inner suit pocket, and is light enough to carry it this way. No need then to carry a bag/briefcase just for this device.

7) The UI design, especially the virtual keyboard and Settings app, is nicer than on the Tab 3.0. I don't use the Google keyboard with the Mega (like I did on the Tab) because the Samsung keyboard is good enough (unlike on the Tab).

Finally, about the experience of transferring from one Android device to another (in my case from Tab 3.0 to Mega), all the apps are transferred across automatically but the apps and pages are not laid out in the original way. This means a fair bit of time has to be spent laying out the apps and pages as desired. Also, none of the email accounts within 3rd party apps (e.g. the excellent K-9) are transferred, which means they have to be set up from scratch again. This all takes time and is not as efficient or effective as transferring between iOS devices.

I really like the Mega. It gets a lot of interest from bemused onlookers and friends but it is a very capable and useful device.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20