Profile for keribillen > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
cboardman pocket pump
cboardman pocket pump

4.0 out of 5 stars Very small. Well made. Works well., 20 May 2013
This review is from: cboardman pocket pump (Misc.)
Easy to use, well made, inexpensive, light mini pump, just about suitable even for typical mountain bike tyres.
I use mine with my roadbike and 2.2" MTB tyres. It gives about 10psi for 150 strokes on my MTB tyres.
This means getting up to 40psi requires about 600 strokes, which will take about 7-8 mins, which is just about acceptable.

With my roadbike, getting to 30psi requires about 200 strokes.

Each stroke is very easy.

Am happy with this Boardman pump. Would give 5* if it had a hose attachment instead of the direct attachment of the head to the valve (to minimise risk of valve damage).

Topeak Race Rocket HP, Silver
Topeak Race Rocket HP, Silver
Offered by Leisure Lakes Bikes

2.0 out of 5 stars Was fine until third puncture, 16 May 2013
Small and lightweight. Perfect size for serious road cyclists.
Was used twice 'in anger'. Third time I needed to use it (20miles from home) I found that most of the pump had fallen away (seems there are two parts to the main body that screw together and they had come apart).
Not happy about that. I had been carrying it in my back pocket but had recently mounted it onto my bike's frame. Seems the vibrations through the frame were its downfall.

Am in two minds whether to replace like for like. If you're going to carry it in your back pocket, I think it is fine. Be nervous if you mount it onto the frame.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 22, 2013 10:42 AM BST

MTB Mountain King II 2.2 Race Sport Bicycle Tyre 26 Inch Folding black-black skin foldable Size:26 x 2.2
Offered by Alimay Sports

3.0 out of 5 stars Good grip but too compromised, 19 Mar. 2013
Has very good grip in challenging conditions, especially mud and loose gravel.
This comes at a price: high rolling resistance and skittish on bumpy surfaces and roots.

The X-King RS (Reifen Conti X-King 2.2 Race Sport fb.26x2.20 Zoll 55-559 schwarz/schwarz Skin) is a much better all-round option. When using the X-Kings in mud and slush I can almost keep up with my riding buddies using Mountain Kings, but I am a lot faster in all other conditions and I don't lose the back wheel as much.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well for all my Apple laptops, 22 Feb. 2013
Use this for various Mac laptops we have (15" MacBook Pro with Retina display*, 11" MacBook Air and a 2007 MacBook).
Works well with all of them: just as well as standard Apple power supplies.

*This adapter has a Magsafe1 connector so I use it with a Magsafe1>Magsafe2 adapter when working with my MacBook Pro with Retina Display.

Even better than the other one I have (Replacement Laptop MAGSAFE AC Adapter 85W Fits Apple MacBook Pro (2010 Model Onwards) Series Model Numbers A1222 A1290 A1172) because it does not require a Mickey Mouse cable: it can use the original Apple plug/cable.

Philips MyVision 929000200101 GU5.3 7 Watt (35W) MR16 Warm White Spot LED Bulb
Philips MyVision 929000200101 GU5.3 7 Watt (35W) MR16 Warm White Spot LED Bulb

3.0 out of 5 stars slightly brighter than others, but more expensive and noisier, 18 Feb. 2013
I have one of these in my house. It is a bit brighter than the many other LEDs I have (mainly 6W Aurora lamps).
But, more expensive, they don't fit so well into my downlighters (the protruding glass makes it difficult to fit the clip) and the little cooling fan is audible. Surely this little fan is not going to last as long as the LEDs themselves. Will be very surprised if it does.

In any case I prefer the Aurora lamps (Aurora 6W 12V MR16 Ultra Bright LED Light Bulbs, Warm White, 3000k 50W Replacement (Higher Quality than other 6w LED MR16 and CFL Fluorescent Energy Saving Lamps)).

Leffe Brune - Premium Belgian Lager Beer - 24 x 330 ml - 6.5% ABV
Leffe Brune - Premium Belgian Lager Beer - 24 x 330 ml - 6.5% ABV
Offered by a2zdrinks Express Delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 18 Feb. 2013
I slightly prefer this over Leffe Blonde (Leffe Blonde, 33cl) because it has a somewhat darker, deeper, sweeter taste.

My favourite 'regular' Leffe variety. Not quite as tasty as Leffe Radieuse or Leffe Tripel but these are twice the price and very hard to find in the UK.

I've been drinking Leffe (in moderate quantities ;) for years. I have not tired of it. Its unique caramel-sweet taste is always a joy. Worth every penny (it isn't cheap). Other beers all taste 'samey' and bland after having a Leffe.

Drink slowly because it is strong.
Good news for calorie-counters: it is one on the lowest-calorie beers available.

Warning: never ever mix Leffe with wine in a drinking session. It will hurt in the morning!

GT85 Mountain Bike Maintenance Lubricant Penetrator x 6
GT85 Mountain Bike Maintenance Lubricant Penetrator x 6
Offered by Adventure Northumberland

5.0 out of 5 stars works as well as any other PTFE spray, 18 Feb. 2013
Cheaper than WD40 and the equivalent product from companies like Muc Off.
Works just as well as far as I can tell.
I use this in prodigious quantities on all parts* of my mountain and road bikes, after cleaning them. Both are carbon-framed and I have had no problems with it (some believe that carbon-framed bikes can be corroded by sprays like this).

*Apart from the brakes, grips and tyres!! ;)

Becks - German Alcohol Free Beer - 24 x 275 ml - 0% ABV
Becks - German Alcohol Free Beer - 24 x 275 ml - 0% ABV
Offered by a2zdrinks Express Delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars tastiest alcohol-free beer we have tried so far, 18 Feb. 2013
Started drinking this last year when my partner fell pregnant.
We both enjoy drinking it. Sure it does not taste as nice as 'real' beer but it is much MUCH better than other non/low-alcohol beers.
Happy to drink several bottles of this in a night.
Reasonably priced as well, and easy to find in pubs and shops.

Horizon Multi Sport 5 Pack Crew Socks - White and Grey and Black, Size 71/2-11
Horizon Multi Sport 5 Pack Crew Socks - White and Grey and Black, Size 71/2-11

2.0 out of 5 stars a bit disappointed, 18 Feb. 2013
Ordered a pack, expecting 2x black, 2x grey and 1x white....as described in the Item's description.
Instead I received 2x black, 1x grey and 2x white.

Have worn and washed one pair and was surprised by the amount of fluff that came off during the washing and drying process. Suggests poor quality to me.

They are cheap so I suppose you get what you pay for.

Canterbury of New Zealand Mens Baselayer Thermal Leggings
Canterbury of New Zealand Mens Baselayer Thermal Leggings
Price: £30.99 - £34.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Winter cycling, 18 Feb. 2013
Bought a pair of medium-sized ones.

Use mine for on-road and off-road cycling in Winter, sometimes whilst wearing a water/wind-proof shell trousers on top. I always use them with padded Assos shorts underneath.

They do keep my legs at a comfortable temperature throughout the ride. And they are easy to put on when wearing the Assos shorts.

Leg length is perfect (I have 33" inside leg).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20