Profile for keribillen > Reviews

Content by keribillen

keribillen (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Lezyne Zecto Drive R Light - Silver (14VPH7450)
Lezyne Zecto Drive R Light - Silver (14VPH7450)
Offered by Leisure Lakes Bikes

2.0 out of 5 stars Portable, versatile, robust and bright - does not work for long, 3 Mar. 2014
I'm fed up of cycling lights that break, stop working for no apparent reason, or simply fall off and get lost.
I also don't want to spend lots of money on lights for each bike, and I don't want to have mountings on my bikes when I don't need them (e.g. in the summer).

I use Lezyne hand pumps and track pumps, and I have been impressed with their quality. So I found this Lezyne lamp and decided to try it. I confirm that it is easily mounted to the bike, easily taken off the bike, but holds its position on the seatpost very well. Its is bright enough for normal night time riding, and has a wide selection of different modes (to suit the level of brightness and visibility required). Battery life is useful, and charging is via the ubiquitous microUSB cable. Am very impressed and heartily recommend it.

Soon after getting it, I realised that water ingress was quite substantial despite not going out in any torrential downpours. After letting it dry, I recharged it and it worked.
Fine....but then the recharging circuit stopped working, so after the next usage (completely in the dry) it was impossible to recharge.

I've binned it and bought a Lezyne Hecto rear LED instead (Lezyne Hecto Drive LED Rear Light).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2015 12:17 AM GMT

Lezyne Macro Drive F Light - Black
Lezyne Macro Drive F Light - Black
Offered by Leisure Lakes Bikes

4.0 out of 5 stars Portable, versatile, robust and bright, 3 Mar. 2014

I use Lezyne hand pumps and track pumps, and I have been impressed with their quality. So I found this Lezyne lamp and decided to try it. I confirm that it is easily mounted to the bike, easily taken off the bike, but holds its position on the handlebars very well. Its is bright enough for normal night time riding, and has a wide selection of different modes (to suit the level of brightness and visibility required). Battery life is useful for getting home (not suitable for long night rides), and charging is via the ubiquitous microUSB cable. Am very impressed and heartily recommend it.

Waterproof too. Have ridden it in the rain for 2hrs in a couple of occasions. No problems during or afterwards.

HMDX HX-P230GYA-EU Jam Bluetooth Wireless Portable Speaker - Grey
HMDX HX-P230GYA-EU Jam Bluetooth Wireless Portable Speaker - Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars Discreet, loud enough and easy to use, 3 Mar. 2014
I connect various gadgets (phones and tablets) to this speaker when I want to listen to music or the radio with more volume and depth than what the internal speakers of said gadgets can provide. I've tried various iOS gadgets and an Android tablet: all connected easily with this speaker. Sound quality has just about enough depth (with careful placement, e.g. in a corner) and volume for a dinner party that isn't too raucous, but it does get raspy (distorted) at the highest volumes. Battery life hasn't let me down yet, but its charging via microUSB makes it simple to keep charged from the mains. A very handy and portable speaker as long as you don't use it at maximum volume.

Canterbury Men's Baselayer Cold Leggings  - Black, Large
Canterbury Men's Baselayer Cold Leggings - Black, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps me warm on my bike in Winter, 3 Mar. 2014
Have two. Use them for cycling in the coldest and wettest Winter conditions (when raining I use a pair of Montane waterproof trousers on the top of them).
With this set-up my legs are dry and warm in Winter.

Note: I use padded shorts underneath. They don't have their own padding for cycling.

Cisco SPA112 2-Port Phone Adapter - VoIP telephone adapters (IPv4, IPv6, ARP, DNS, SRV, DHCP, PPPoE, ICMP, TCP, UDP, RTP, RTCP, SNTP, 802.1p, SSL/TLS, SIP, AC, 100 - 240 V, 50 - 60 Hz, DC, 5 V, 2 A, 101 x 28 x 101 mm)
Offered by NetXL

5.0 out of 5 stars So far has proven to be excellent, 3 Mar. 2014
There are lots of VoIP solutions and we've tried a few, i.e. Grandstream adapters, standalone VoIP phones and numerous iPad/iPhone apps.

This Cisco adapter was easy to set up (I use Sipgate's VoIP service and I simply followed their instructions for this adapter) and so far all calls made to/from our phone have worked flawlessly: no problems with audio quality and connectivity.

Heartily recommended. We don't have a traditional landline telephone at home, and now our friends and family can now reliably call us when we're there!

Belkin Smooth Tri-Fold Cover Case with Stand for 8.0 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
Belkin Smooth Tri-Fold Cover Case with Stand for 8.0 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
Offered by Hale Communications

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok, though heavier than other cases and the strap is inconvenient, 3 Mar. 2014
Nice feel to the leather.
Sturdy, protective and well fitting.
It is noticeably heavier than other cases, e.g. http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R358VSSCFYWFNQ/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm
Also, there is no magnetic means to switch the Tablet on and off when opening/closing the case, and the strap for keeping the case closed is inconvenient. A magnet would be considerably better.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice solution to cables lying around everywhere, 3 Mar. 2014
I don't like lots of cables lying around. This product allows the main cable to be retracted. It is simple, neat, very useful and cost-effective. I have two of them. So far they've proven to be reliable with my iPhone 5s and iPad Air.

Samsung WHITE ETA-U90UWE USB Mains Charger 5V 2A (Only Plug)- For Samsung Galaxy Tab
Offered by Magic-Stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine Samsung product, 3 Mar. 2014
This is not a cheap copy. It is a reliable charger. It works well with my Samsung Galaxy Tab3 8.0 and Apple iPhone 5s.

Samsung Stereo Corded Headphones with In-Line Mic for Galaxy Tab - White
Samsung Stereo Corded Headphones with In-Line Mic for Galaxy Tab - White
Offered by Prime Communications

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 3 Mar. 2014
This is an absolute steal. It is a reliable pair of headphones (with mic) that work well with my Samsung Galaxy Tab3 8.0 and Galaxy Mega.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2014 7:53 AM GMT

Genuine Samsung Micro USB Sync Cable / Data Cable / Charging Cable / Charge Cable for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2, Ace Duos , Ace Plus, Ace, Galaxy Beam, Galaxy Mini 2, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S, S Plus, S2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S3 LTE, Galaxy S3 Mini, Galaxy S4 I9500 (No Retail Package)
Offered by Glitzy Gizmos