Profile for MarcF > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Moon
Moon

4.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoy James Herbert's books, 23 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Moon (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoy James Herbert's books, to me they compare very favourably with Stephen King and Dean Koontz's' writings. This one, Moon, was not a disappointment. Well worth a read.

Ekho Keyboard Stand 7 Adjustable Height Tilt Angle Stage Piano Synth 25kg Maximum Load

5.0 out of 5 stars Ekho Keyboard Stand 7, 5 Jun. 2014
This is fantastic. It is stable and has just the right degree of tilt (fully adjustable back to horizontal). Another brilliant thing about it, is that it arrived ready assembled. It makes such a change to not have to try and work out what a diagram and scant instructions mean - just unpack, adjust to the required height and angle, and it's ready.

Ceramic Hand Oil Burner, Black
Ceramic Hand Oil Burner, Black
Offered by EazyDeal

4.0 out of 5 stars Ceramic Hand Oil Burner, 5 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Ceramic Hand Oil Burner, Black
I like this a lot. It's a nice design- one slight gripe there is that at the 'thumb' side of the hand, it is a little unstable and tips quite easily. The bowl for the oil and water is not very big, but personally I like that better than a huge bowl. Definitely good value for money over all!

GMYLE(TM) ExpressCard 34/54 to USB3.0 Express Card Adapter Dual Ports Windows 7/XP/Vista
Offered by Clever Gadgets

1.0 out of 5 stars Gwyle ExpressCard, 27 Mar. 2014
This item is the first that I've purchased through Amazon that I returned. The card comes without any instructions whatsoever. I installed the driver as instructed on the product page (!) from the disc. Initially it didn't work. Third attempt it installed and the card worked briefly. I say briefly, it constantly stopped, then started then stopped again. Eventually, I got a BSOD saying that new hardware had caused a fatal error. There is no mention of the product on the Gwile site - so no support whatsoever. The card was not 'flush' with the side of the laptop. All in all, a waste of time.

Genesis - The Gabriel Era - Uncensored On the Record
Genesis - The Gabriel Era - Uncensored On the Record

1.0 out of 5 stars Genesis - The Gabriel Era, 11 Feb. 2014
The previous reviews say this book is not enlightening, is disappointing etc. I have read the first chapter and have found a glaring inaccuracy, which if the book was endorsed by former members of Genesis would surely not have gone un-noticed.

In the book, the author states that the band was previously called 'The Anon', who consisted of Peter Gabriel, Anthony Philips, Mike Rutherford, Tony Banks and Rob Tyrrell. This is wrong. 'The Anon' had Philips, Rutherford and Tyrrell in it, yes. But the glaring omission is that Peter Gabriel and Tony Banks belonged to another band called Garden Wall. I wonder how many other inaccuracies will pepper this book.

In addition to a previous book about Genesis, being in London when a band named 'Garden Wall' put on an intimate gig for knowledgeable Genesis fans (it WAS Genesis incognito), check out this article on Wikipedia: [...]

The Best Years Of Our Lives
The Best Years Of Our Lives

5.0 out of 5 stars Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel - The Best Years Of Our Lives, 13 Jan. 2014
The album with 'Make me smile (come up and see me)' on it. Classic track. I never really listened to the rest of the album back in the day. I missed out. It's a cracking album. Much of it reminded me of Mott the Hoople's sound.

Phoenix
Phoenix

5.0 out of 5 stars System 7 - Phoenix, 13 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Phoenix (MP3 Download)
I love this album. Being of a 'certain age', although I have eclectic tastes, this would not be the usual style of music I gravitate towards. But, I was a fan of Steve Hillage and Miquette Giraudy back in the days of Gong, and Steve Hillage's solo albums, so I had a listen to the samples of this, loved what I heard, bought it, and loved the album, along with System 7's '777' album.

5.0 out of 5 stars System 7 - 777, 13 Jan. 2014
This review is from: 777 (MP3 Download)
I love this album. Being of a 'certain age', although I have eclectic tastes, this would not be the usual style of music I gravitate towards. But, I was a fan of Steve Hillage and Miquette Giraudy back in the days of Gong, and Steve Hillage's solo albums, so I had a listen to the samples of this, loved what I heard, bought it, and loved the album, along with System 7's 'Phoenix' album.

NOW in ANDROID 4.4.2 KITKAT AND BLUETOOTH (SEPTEMBER 2014) - 7" RAPID5 ECO TABLET PC - DUAL-CORE CPU - DUAL CAMERAS - QUAD CORE GPU - USB (BLACK)
Offered by F5CS LTD

3.0 out of 5 stars 7" Rapid5 ECO tablet PC, 13 Jan. 2014
I was looking for a replacement mp3 player for the sole purpose of playing Audible books when I came across this offer and took it, as it was cheaper than most of the compatible mp3 players. As a player for Audible (via the Android app) it is great and I get to use a couple of other apps as a bonus. However if this were my primary tablet (I use a Blackberry Playbook for storage, media playing, camera and most other stuff), I would be very disappointed. The 4GB storage runs down to less than 2gb when you have the basic apps running. I bought a 32gb micro sd card to combat the low storage, but it will not save directly to the card, or move apps to the card (in spite of it being an option under settings) so you have to do all your stuff, save it to the limited internal storage then move it across to the other card. Also because of the low capacity, games and other apps run slowly. In summary - great for my (somewhat unusual) needs, but if you want a functional tablet, get something with more internal storage.

Tavener: The Protecting Veil. The Last Sleep of the Virgin. Choral Music
Tavener: The Protecting Veil. The Last Sleep of the Virgin. Choral Music

4.0 out of 5 stars Tavener: The Protecting Veil, etc., 13 Jan. 2014
To me, the saddest loss of last year (2013) was the death of John Tavener. His music opened doors in my childhood mind that gave me an interest not only in modern music, but in a wider range of music (of all genres) than I had listened to at the tender age of 13. This album is a wonderful selection. The Protecting Veil is just beautiful - contemplative and melancholy. The last sleep of the Virgin too. I haven't listened as much to the choral stuff on the second disc, but it is also wonderful. It is a great collection representative of Tavener's mature work.

This would have the full 'five stars' if the sleeve notes were a little more detailed. There was a considerable delay in receiving the CD. Ultimately, this didn't matter because of the auto-rip feature - I was able to listen to the music immediately on purchase. However, I was looking forward to reading some sleeve notes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4