Profile for M. Z. Haileselassie > Reviews

Content by M. Z. Hailesel...

M. Z. Haileselassie

The Pilgrim's Progress (Classics of World Literature)
The Pilgrim's Progress (Classics of World Literature)
by John Bunyan

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! A must read for all Christians on a pilgrimage to the Celestial City!, 29 Jan. 2010
John Bunyan expresses hard core truth that many so-called christians and non believers would find offensive. I for one love it. He expresses these truths by letting the reader explore the world of a true pilgrim. The troubles ahead which poor Christian faces alone all reflect the trials and tribulations that real christians face today. I'm a living witness to that. 5 stars for me, and definitely my favorite book other than the bible.

The Truth Behind Hip Hop
The Truth Behind Hip Hop
by G. Craige Lewis

4.0 out of 5 stars a well written book which exposes the evils of Hip hop, 28 Dec. 2009
What is hip hop? Is it just music? Is hip hop beneficial to our church? This book has all the answers to those questions. The book is more of a testimony or a documented experience of the life of G. Craige Lewis, much like the Origen of Species is to Darwin. But he does inform his readers well on the dangers and influences of not just hip hop, but music in general. That isn't to say that all music is bad, but he carefully documents the scientific proof behind the impact music has on it's listeners. Lewis also adds quotes from the Scriptures and he never backs down from telling the truth. I believe that every christian continuationist should read this book as it does bring insight to the subculture we no know as hip hop and "holy" hip hop. I give it 4 stars only because Craige asks his readers to pray a prayer written by him at the end of certain chapters which doesn't help anyone.

The Godfather II (PS3)
The Godfather II (PS3)
Offered by gamesgadget007

1.0 out of 5 stars Unfinished, unrealistic and just horribly done., 17 Aug. 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
For the past few days I have been looking for a crime game to play and the only game that came to mind was this one. However, when I checked the reviews of this game, the majority of them were bad. I had to see it for myself of course. I played the game for probably 2 hours and I just gave up. The plot was horribly done, the graphics were at PS2 level and the cities were tiny, to name a few problems with the game.

Now I'm not against the fact that they chose another plot, but they need the characters of the game to be consistent with the characters in the movie, in my opinion. For example, the Rosato brothers were never at war with the Corleones, because they were backed by Hyman Roth an associate of Michael and his father. But in the game you constantly attack him as if there was a war, which never happened. I would suggest that they should have made up a family in new york to fight with.

The cities are tiny, which is a major downfall for this game. The place they call New York, isnt even new york, its just a small island with two tall buildings standing up with an airport that is bigger than the city itself. I didn't play long enough to go past NY because I was so disappointed with EA.

I think the graphics speak for themselves. Sloppy, unfinished, glitches. When Dominic told his soldier to stay at the bakery, the guy started running around the racketeer. Its just an embarrassment to any crime game.

I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone who, like me, takes pride in games that are realistic, have a good plot and that the graphics are excellent. I would have given this game 1/2 a star if they gave me a choice.

The fact is that there are a ton of problems with this game. The ones I have mentioned are just a few.

The Dawkins Delusion?: Atheist Fundamentalism and the Denial of the Divine
The Dawkins Delusion?: Atheist Fundamentalism and the Denial of the Divine
by Alister McGrath

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars for McGrath, 8 Aug. 2009
After reading this book, I believe McGrath puts the God Delusion in it's rightfull place. Richard Dawkin's best selling book has brainwashed and controlled the gulliable by using irrational and illogical means. He doesn't understand neither has he studied the Judeo-Christian doctrine so he instead misinterprets the Bible in a way that is suitable to him. McGrath highlights the many errors that are in the God Delusion in this book and I would recommend it to anyone who has an open mind.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2013 4:17 PM GMT