Profile for T. S. Taylor > Reviews

Content by T. S. Taylor

T. S. Taylor "Top Ten Records" (Top Ten Records, Trearddur Bay, Anglesey)

Page: 1 | 2
Star Cutouts Cut Out of Channing Tatum
Star Cutouts Cut Out of Channing Tatum
Offered by Powneys

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible quality, 6 Mar. 2014
This item looks as though it was printed using a printer from the 80's.

Not onlu that but the image looks as though it was originally the size of my hand and has been stretched to the size of the cutout.... avoid at all costs!!!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo 3DS)
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo 3DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars If I could walk with the animals...., 19 Jun. 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The Good:
Relaxing gameplay, new role as mayor allows for plenty of player customization, online play, best friends system, plenty to collect, charming art style, unlimited play time

The Bad:
Online system is one of the best on the 3ds, but it's still a bit slow and tedious

Animal Crossing has finally made its return back into the gaming world, and this time has returned with an entry that completely blows the other games in the series out of the water. Animal Crossing: New Leaf is the definitive version in the series, and is a game so easily enjoyed and accessible, that it be fun to almost every type of gamer. Whether it be casual or hardcore, competitive or solo play, New Leaf offers a relaxing, stress free break from other games. Although New Leaf is a very stress free game, there is an addictive quality with the amount of customization and collection available. For those that are artsy, designing patterns for wallpapers, clothing, flags, and images you place on the ground are all available as well. Even though the game is only a few days old, there are already impressively made patterns available within the community.

What is Animal Crossing?

Even though Animal Crossing has been around for the past twelve years, plenty of gamers still do not understand what Animal Crossing is. Animal Crossing is a game about the player moving to a new village. The village or town is inhabited by walking talking animals that have their own lives outside of player interaction. You buy a house, upgrade it, plant trees and flowers, fish, catch bugs, donate to the museum, dig up fossils, enjoy the holidays and seasons, decorate your house, talk and help out animals, perform your Mayor duties (specific to New Leaf), swim, and trade and play online. There are so many other things in Animal Crossing to do since the game plays out in real time. This means that as fall and winter approach, you will notice that the leaves will change and snow will fall. Animal Crossing also has holidays that match real life holidays, which allow for the player to celebrate or participate in events.

While there are technically goals for Animal Crossing: New Leaf, they are not forced upon the player. If you do not feel like paying off your house, or you do not enjoy giving up your fish, bugs, paintings, and fossils for the museum, then you can keep them to yourself. I was honestly surprised when I began playing that after the opening moments of the game, I was free to do as I wished. The player is mistakenly chosen as the new mayor, thanks to the foiling of an old familiar tortoise. Even with this responsibility, it was up to me to decide if and when I wanted to do my job for the town. Few games offer this kind of player control. The gameplay is fully open to the choices the player wants to make.

Charming graphics and music

In the past, Animal Crossing has always had an engaging art style, but it was an art style that was not really driven by the power of a console. The graphical style emits a less is more feel, but at the same time, is also a style that can stand the test of time. New Leaf has made several changes to the series in terms of graphics and sound. Graphically speaking, the entire style has been reworked. The players have more normal sized and portioned bodies, allowing for pants to be worn for further customization. Also, the level of detail in every single thing in the game is highly improved over the past outings. The game really utilizes the power of the 3ds, and I think New Leaf is one of the best looking games on the system. The music also has a more full sound to it. Each song feels similar to some of the other catchy tunes in the series, but sounds more like music you would find in a standard video game. The soundtrack for New Leaf fits the gameplay perfectly. It does not intrude on what the player is doing, but actually adds to the experience by matching the feelings at certain times of the day. Afternoon music sounds much different than late night music for example.

Online play

New Leaf offers a revamped online system that in terms of player interaction, is one of the best on the 3ds. Still, the entire online infrastructure is based around the infamous friend code system that Nintendo is still employing. The friend codes this time however are tied to the 3ds system rather than to each single piece of software. Opening your town gates, which is basically just connecting online, allows for other players to enter your town. The players have to be added first however, which prevents some of the chaos that could happen if you let the wrong person in. Players are broken up by friends list, and best friends list. The best friends list is an awesome addition because it allows for you to communicate with a best friend, even if you are not in the same town. This is easy to use and incredibly convenient. Some of the features are turned off whenever you have a player visiting, like donating to the museum, but New Leaf is still very fun when your friends come to town.

Overall, the online features are easy to use, very fun, and add tons of player interaction and replayability. The only drawbacks are the friend code system and typing out messages on the touch screen.

Recommendation: Buy it

Animal Crossing: New Leaf is a fantastic game that can be enjoyed by anybody, at anytime. With so many improvements over the past entries, New Leaf offers a fresh but familiar take that can appeal to any 3ds owner. If you do not have this game in your collection, heavily consider either downloading it or purchasing a physical retail copy. This is a must own for all 3ds owners.

Mario Tennis Open (Nintendo 3DS)
Mario Tennis Open (Nintendo 3DS)
Offered by RUGELEY GAMES

3.0 out of 5 stars Yoshi Tennis, 30 Aug. 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I got Mario Tennis Open the other day thanks to a coupon. I was looking for Pokémon Conquest, but their only copy had just been sold, so I settled for a new addition to my 3DS library. I never expected to get the new Mario Tennis until I was standing with it at the counter. I never thought it looked all that special, and the only other game in the series I own, the original Nintendo 64 and GBC versions, aren't a crown jewels in my complex of games.

I booted up the game about a week after actually buying it, and the first thing I noticed was the lack of an opening cinematic. It's a damn shame, too, because I had always been a fan of Camelot's introduction sequences, and their last Mario Tennis game on the GameCube blew me out of the water when I first saw it. This game, overever, simply pans over a few different courts and calls it a day, heading into the title screen. This was my first tip that Mario Tennis Open is lackluster in several aspects, but despite all the flaws that I could spend hours nitpicking at, I've been pleasantly surprised by it. At its core, it is a very fun experience.

The problem with this game is that it feels like it's been done too many times before before. I haven't played Mario Tennis on the Nintendo 64 in years. I wasn't even good. Still, when I picked up the new one, I felt like an old pro almost immediately, and it's simply because the first few minutes are done in a very boring way. I can't even explain why it's so uninteresting because I haven't even pinpointed the issue myself. Boring though the game may be at times, it does have several good qualities.

Gameplay

The mechanics of the game are very solid, and I give it credit for that. I think it's fundamentally hard to program a tennis game, but Mario Tennis Open does it quite well. The controls do screw up occasionally, as with most games. It isn't so bad, and it's pretty infrequent, but it has cost me at least one championship. The game has its own set of rules within the universe it has created, but the problem lies within figuring those rules out. Every time I think I understand how it decides what to do, the game gives me a big slap in the face and sends me back to square one. This is especially true with Chance Shots, a concept I will delve further into later.

Mario Tennis Open begins quite boring, with no goal but to run to the ball and press a button. As you play more, the simple concept becomes addicting. You also have the option of using the touch screen to select your type of shot, as opposed to the varying face buttons. While this was useful in getting to know what types of shots to use and when, I quickly migrated back to using my thumbs. The game also gives the player the option to make any character left-handed if they wish, but so far, I've noticed no difference in gameplay whatsovever.

I never played the Mario Tennis games on the GameCube or GameBoy Advance, so it may not be a new concept, but Chance Shots are a fun addition. Essentially, a spot shows up on the court, and you walk over and hit the ball with the corresponding shot, resulting in a powerful slam. They spice up the game, certainly, but they're far overused. They appear so often that it feels like the usual way to return the ball. Instead of giving you a fun opportunity when they appear, it's just a disappointment when they don't. Figuring out when and how they appear is also a confusing challenge. As said earlier, the game just seems to start me over when I think I've begun to understand it. With Chance Shots, I'm beginning to think they're determined mostly at random with only a small bit of calculation, made for the sole purpose of tricking the player into thinking there's a method to madness for with no method exists.

As far as I can tell, Mario Tennis Open contains little strategy beyond "return the ball and get a point." You walk over and try to get a chance shot, and of course you think about where to aim the ball. But beyond the drop shot, which does add a fair bit of forethought, the strategy involved is minimal. The difficulty of the game's tournament cups increases at the same rate as your own skill, so conquering the whole mode isn't much of a challenge. This is, however, probably a good thing--Getting through it is nothing but a dull task and offers no sense of accomplishment. If it were excessively difficult on top of that, it would have only deterred me from completing it.

Also included is camera angle called "Dynamic View." I get what they were trying to do with its inclusion, by giving the player a more realistic view of a tennis match. The problem is that you can't see what's behind your players, which becomes a bigger and bigger problem the closer you get to the net. On top of that, Dynamic View is controlled with the gyroscope, which gets incredibly frustrating for two reasons:

The first is that you can't pause in the middle of a rally, which was already a terrible, terrible decision by the developers. Combine that with the fact that simply moving your system up or down can drastically alter your view of the game, and the annoyance that glare once was quickly becomes one of the greatest evils known to man. The other reason that Dynamic view bothers me is that the control pad is used as an alternate way to control your character, acting as an inferior version of the circle pad. Instead of that, they could and should have used it to control Dynamic View, which would have been better in every way I can imagine. Thankfully, they give you the option to turn the gyroscope off, using only the traditional camera angle if you so desire. Good riddance.

Replays are another aspect of the game that were nothing but a missed opportunity. At first, it seems like a cool feature, and again I can't say whether it's new or brought back from previous games, but regardless, you quickly realize that they are far less interesting than they appear. They happen nearly every time a point is scored, and they're all the same thing. Every. Single. Time. The colors, the effects, the angles--all the same, all the time. Yet another good idea made poor through sloppy execution.

Single Player Mode

Unlike prior Mario Tennis games, there is no story mode, and there are no RPG elements, instead swapping both for a tournament mode. You advance from the Mushroom Cup to Flower to Banana to Special, just as with the other Mario sports titles. Once beating Special Cup, the character you chose will be availible for increased difficulty cups. At first, I thought the hard mode, or "Star Cups," only being availlible to the character you used was a way to trick the player into thinking the game is longer than it is. Don't get me wrong, that's exactly why it was included--But the resentment I felt for that was greatly weakened when I realized that unlocking cups with any given character meant unlocking them across the board. Thus, you could take anyone you wish to the Special Cup immediately, bringing them into the Star Cups after only three easy matches.

Special Games are also included, as is tradition. Special Games are a great way to learn and practice skills in order to take them to the main courts, but they're really nothing amazing. Admittedly, I've played Galaxy Rally quite a bit, but it's mostly been for the enjoyment of listening to the music from Mario Galaxy's Good Egg Galaxy. There's also Ring Toss, Ink Showdown, and Super Mario Tennis. The last of the three is the only one that's entirely new, and its probably the most interesting. Super Mario Tennis takes you through the first three levels of the NES classic, playing with your tennis ball, instead of running and jumping to grab blocks and enemies. They're fun for a few minutes each, but nothing more

Unlockables

Warning: This section of the review contains spoilers of who is and isn't unlockable in the game. If you wish to avoid them, please skip to the next section of the review. Otherwise--and I'd advise it--keep reading.

One place in which Mario Tennis Open really falls short is the unlockable content. It has the same problem found in Mario Kart 7--the character choices are, simply put: lame. I could use other words like uninspired, dull, bland, or what have you, but nothing quite describes the problem so accurately as "lame."

To the distaste of fans, the latest Mario Kart gave us characters like Metal Mario, Lakitu, and most commonly opposed inclusion, Queen Bee, in lieu long-time series veterans. Mario Tennis Open has the exact same issue, giving us Baby Mario, Baby Peach, Dry Bowser, and Luma in addition to a roster that is otherwise great. The day that Baby Peach appears while Baby Luigi is nowhere to be seen is a sad one in my eyes.

Quite honestly, their choices could have been much worse, but when you add the bonus QR characters--Metal Mario and nearly every color of Yoshi--then we have a problem. To me, this comes across as just plain lazy.

There's no shortage of characters to work with in the Marioverse, so there's no acceptable reason to resort to seven colors of Yoshi just to expand the roster. There's Birdo, Petey Piranha, Kamek, King Boo, every single Koopaling, tons of enemies like Dry Bones and Monty Mole, and the list goes on and on. Donkey Kong Junior making another return to Tennis would have been fantastic, and this would have been the perfect game for that.

Most disappointing personally was the exclusion of Toad, allowing him to become the clubhouse manager. He's also the referee, as in the original, but I would have seen no problem in having him availible as a playable character, as well. Unfortunately, leaving Toad out seems to be the trend in Mario's recent spinoffs. For now, I've still thankfully got Mario Kart, and I pray that his spot in those rosters doesn't change for the worse.

To restore a bit of faith, both games in which this fault of "few new characters and boring ones at that" are found were made for 3DS, so I can retain hope that the home console titles don't wander into the same path. But as handhelds approach home console power at an exponential rate, I'm not so positive. It's still no excuse for including boring new characters and alternate versions of existing ones, while unique and lovable underdogs like E. Gadd and Toadsworth lie untouched for years, left to fade into obscurity.

But enough of this digression. The other big problem with unlockables in Mario Tennis Open is that the methods for unlocking each one are nearly identical. Each unlockable character requires you finish the third level of a different Special Game. While I have seen worse (*coughcough*mariokartseven*cough*), is it too much to ask for a little variation? It's made better by the fact that each minigame is unique, and getting past level 3 is quite a challenge. But just because it's not as dreadfully boring as it could be doesn't mean I don't miss the days where unlocking all the content in a game required you to play several different modes in several different ways.

Soundtrack

The music in Mario Tennis Open is exactly what you'd expect from a modern Mario sports game--Bright piano chords, lots of guitars, pop brass, and melodies that are generally uninteresting. The music is proficient, and it's good enough to keep the sound on, but it seems to try to carry itself on high sound quality rather than memorable melodies, following the general trend of today's games. One good choice they made was including remixes of the "Out of the Woods" theme from Wario Land , and Galaxy's Comet Observatory music.

Truthfully, the music in this game is above-par on average, but it suffers from the fact that you can barely hear it. In part, it's due to the song switching every few seconds to reflect the varying score of the match. I'd love to blame it on the sound effects, saying that the sound effects are louder and distract from the songs. Honestly, that isn't true, and I haven't been able to conclude why the music gives the effect of silence.

I also noticed that several sound effects of Lakitu's camera were reused from Super Mario 64, which I definitely like. They did, however, use a generic male announcer. Again, it's fine, but it doesn't have the same charm the game showed every time you hear Mario shout "Thirty-Luv!" Heck, Toad should announce the score. All he does is sit in a tall chair, but shouldn't the referee be more involved?

Miis

Miis get their own section? What? Yeah, I'd be thinking that, too. It isn't long, but the way Miis are used in this game changes things quite a bit.

First of all, the Miis have real human voices again, à-la Mario Kart Wii. The voices are a little odd at first, but they're really not bad, especially compared to the odd gibberish used in Mario Kart 7. Their inclusion does, however, prompt the announcer to say "server" and "receiver" to avoid mispronouncing the name of your Mii. It makes sense, but I'd rather let him just say "Mii," and not sacrifice everybody else's names. Miis in Mario Tennis Open are customizeable by unlocking new costume parts and then buying them in the clubhouse shop. The costume pieces then affect your Mii's stats, letting you customize skills.

The whole idea of changing the looks of your Mii is a good one, and the fact that you can customize your character's skills is an even better one. The problem with the system is that skill customization is exclusive to costumes, and costumes are exclusive to Miis. This means that if you want your Mii to play a certain way, it must look a certain way, and vice-versa, meaning you must choose which you prefer. Again, it isn't so bad, but more options would have been nice.

The bigger problem that this system creates is that because you cannot dress other characters in club costumes, you cannot alter their skills at all. This encourages the player to choose their Mii with some sort of costume, as opposed to one of the several Mario characters given. This causes the game to quickly change from a Mario title into a Mii-based game in which you have the option to play against characters from the Marioverse.

The Verdict

Despite its new features and extra additions, Mario Tennis Open does not do enough to present itself as a fun new game. It plays well and has a very solid foundation, but the Mario content it adds isn't enough to keep it fresh. The courts in the game are very cool, and rallies can get intense. Finally scoring a point after 20+ hits of the ball is incredibly satisfying. What's even more delightful are Wario's victory pose and Waluigi's reaction to defeat. I wouldn't say they're on-par with the crotch-chop and fist pump from Mario Strikers Charges, but they're up there.

Essentially what this game feels like is one of those bigger minigames from WarioWare, like Pyoro or Paper Airplane Chase, but with a bit of fluff added on to give it the appearance of a full game. The real reason for this is the lack of a story mode, which makes the title feel like it has no drive--no reason to own. 3D adds no benefit to the game without the use of the abysmal Dynamic View, which I've begun to believe was created for the sole purpose of employing the system's main gimmick.

As I said before, I got this game with a coupon. It was free, so I regret absolutely nothing about getting it--I only regret that Nintendo didn't make Mario Tennis Open everything it deserved to be. I would never have paid full price for this title, and I don't recommend that anyone does. If you can manage to find a copy for $15-20, I would absolutely go for it, but given what Nintendo still charges for Mario vs. Donkey Kong on the Nintendo DS, I wouldn't expect an official price drop for a long, long time.

But this review has sounded excessively negative. To reiterate, the core offers a very fun experience, and this is true. I'd even say that right now, it's in the top seventy or eighty percent of 3DS games, of course with new games coming from Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion, Professor Layton, and more, that's sure to change soon. Grab a friend on Download Play and play head-to-head and the game really shines. I genuinely did enjoy my experience with Mario Tennis Open, and anybody who can find it for a decent price will, too. All-in-all, I'd say this game deserves a respectable 3 out of 5 Reggies.

Despite good mechanics and a strong foundation, Mario Tennis Open fails to do enough to make it go beyond "decent." It's a game worth eventually picking up, but it's current high price point should deter anyone who isn't desperate for a new 3DS experience.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2013 12:33 PM BST

Batman: Arkham City (PS3)
Batman: Arkham City (PS3)
Offered by Future Gaming UK

5.0 out of 5 stars nananananananananananananana BATMAN!!!!, 28 Oct. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
When "Batman: Arkham Asylum" debuted in 2009, most gamers expected another mediocre experience like most Batman games. But "Arkham Asylum" swooped in like a Batarang and captured the hearts of gamers everywhere.

The announcement of a sequel, "Batman: Arkham City," put high hopes in Rocksteady Studios and Warner Bros. to deliver on the promise of another blockbuster title. "Arkham City" launched on Oct. 18 for the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 with a PC release slated for November 18.

The game starts out about a year after the first game and "Arkham Asylum" is gone. A portion of the city has been quarantined and has become a prison dubbed "Arkham City." The opening shows Bruce Wayne holding a press conference to express his concerns with the new prison and that he plans to shut it down. However, the villains of Gotham City, led by Hugo Strange, foil his plans and he finds himself a prisoner.

After a brawl or two, Wayne's faithful butler, Alfred, sends him the famous bat suit. The Dark Knight takes to the streets on a mission to stop Strange from revealing the Bat's true identity and to stop the mysterious "Protocol 10." Two-Face, The Joker, Penguin and Mr. Freeze also play major roles in the game, as well as quite a few surprise characters.

With a little help from the unlikely partner of Catwoman, who is usually a foe of the Bat in black armor, Batman ensues on an adventure like no other.

For those who have played "Arkham Asylum," most of the gameplay will be familiar. The combat is largely the same, aside from the addition of some new moves and gadgets. Perhaps the best new gadget comes courtesy of Mr. Freeze. The freeze blast is especially helpful with some of the harder enemies in the game, as it allows players to freeze enemies before taking them down.

To navigate the open-world prison city, Batman uses his famous grappling hook as well as his ability to glide. The Riddler trophies are back this time around, as well, and are more challenging to collect.

All of the World's Greatest Detective's investigation tools are back, including detective mode, though Rocksteady has thrown in some new elements to make enemies a little wiser to Batman's tricks. Rocksteady did a great job of keeping the player immersed in the experience, so much so that sometimes it can be difficult to remember it's just a video game.

"Batman: Arkham City" has an amazing story full of twists and turns, tons of action and surprise villains and allies, some of which are in the main story and others in the side missions. The ending is a huge shocker as well and definitely shouldn't be easily predicted. The main game lasts approximately eight to 10 hours with additional content adding at least another six to eight hours to the game.

"Batman: Arkham City" isn't without its flaws though. The map can be confusing and frustrating at times, as it can be unclear where the player is supposed to go next. The GPS system doesn't help much either.

The graphics are stunning for the most part, and like the first game, Batman's suit becomes worn out throughout the game. The reversal button used for combat can be unresponsive at times as it must be pressed at precisely the right time and players can expect to die a lot during combat because of failed response from the game when countering enemy attacks.

Enemy bullets sometimes feel unbalanced as well. The gliding can be clunky to control and the artificial intelligence is sometimes too smart, but at other times no smarter than the average fifth grader.

Despite its flaws, the game's pros far outweigh the cons. It would have been nice to see the game play a little more polished though.

In addition to the main single player game, there is a "new game plus" mode which is the single player game, but with harder enemies and no combat reversal prompts. There are a ton of unlockables, challenges, and Rocksteady has a plethora of DLC which will be available for download in the coming months.

All of this will keep players coming back to "Arkham City" for a long time.

In the end, when the sun sets on Gotham City and Batman finally gets to take a nap after a long night of villain-beating mayhem, "Batman: Arkham City" is certainly one of the best games ever made.

Warner Bros. and Rocksteady have created a formula for success and hopefully for gamers and Batman fans alike, this is a series that continues to deliver justice for a long time.

Disney Epic Mickey (Wii)
Disney Epic Mickey (Wii)
Offered by Yellow Bulldog Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Who's the leader of the gang, made for you and me!?, 2 Dec. 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
OK... opinion? *I will be totally spoiler free!* :) :)

I love it!!

It will really help if you are a fan of Mickey Mouse/Disney theme parks in general, as there are so many little references and easter eggs to look out for! The overall presentation is nice, with a hub world branching out to various other worlds via 2D platforming sections (these tend to last for 2mins or so, just enough so that they don't get stale for the player). Graphically the game looks like a tidied up N64 game, but I must admit this adds to the charm, gets a bit nostalgic! (the cutscenes however are very very well done).

The ink you use as a weapon is verrrrry similar to Mario Sunshine, with B and Z distributing paint and thinner; paint turning enemies to your side and thinner killing them outright. This does prove for some interesting gameplay mechanics (for example, thinning out the floor beneath enemies feet so that they drop into a chasm - always good for a laugh).

The hub world has many characters roaming around, many of which with their own side quests ala Zelda. Sadly though these tend to be little more than "fetch X from Y" for which you will be awarded the games currency. I hope these develop a little further into more fleshed out quests, but I doubt they will.

The environments are all based off of 'forgotten' Disney rides/films/characters and so have a very nice dark feel to them with characters acting in a very depressing way; clearly distraught at their dilemma - this reminds me of Majoras Mask in a way, can only be a good thing!

Overall I would recommend this game to anybody who is a fan of 3D platformers in general, just don't go out there hoping for a Mario killer app, as this is just something tidy to tide you over to the next big budget release.

Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness (Nintendo DS)
Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness (Nintendo DS)
Offered by UKGameSource

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 13 Jan. 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Ten years ago I picked up the remake of the original for the gameboy. I then forgot about this great series until recently when I decided to pick it up. This game copies a farmer's life perfectly but with a more childish look.

Controls-10/10- IoH uses touch screen controls with the D-pad or A/B/X/Y buttons to use equipped items. Some people complain about not using the D- pad to move but I find them quite charming. Touch and hold in the direction you want to move in and your character will move in that direction. Tap an item to pick it up and so on. For those who don't like to hold down the stylus all day long then holding the L/R button will cause your character to run.

Graphics-10/10- This game uses the DS's graphics to a good extent. Everything is crisp and clear; the top screen is used as a map to tell where everyone is on the island and it is a good map as far as maps could be. You can tell who is who easily. The bottom screen is where your person is along with his/her environment and everything has a 3-D look.

Gameplay-10/10- The real meat of the game, in IoH there is so much to do. Fish, mine, woo a male or female partner for life, get along with the villagers, take care of animals, and of course farm all you want! When you start out you have nothing but some seeds and a couple hundred bucks so there isn't much to do. But after a little bit if you befriend certain people then you can do much more. With this game comes a new bar to the series: the Full bar. After a bit of time your character will become hungry and if you do not feed them regularly then you can pass out. With the Full bar comes the Stamina bar. As you use tools your character will tire from doing physical work and will need rest. If one of the two bars empties completely, then your character will pass out and will wake up later. Maintaining the bars takes a while to get used to but when you do it becomes easier.

Farming has a new system in this game. Depending on the weather your crops will grow differently with each type of crop needing a certain amount of sunlight and water. Because of this you will want to watch what the weather is or else you crops could die. When you obtain the fishing rod you can start to fish. Fishing helps because you can do it at any body of water during any weather that you can go outside. Fishing becomes a necessity for beginners. After you unlock some areas, mining becomes available.

Animals are very interesting in this game. They have a stress bar and will not produce good products if they are too stressed out. There are also a variety of mini games to play when dealing with them but they appear at random. Like Nintendogs, you can pet your animal to make them happier. When milking cows, there is a timing game. Sheep run across the touch screen and you shear the wool off. You can ride a horse for a quick way of transportation or keep your dog outside at night to defend your farm.

Music-9/10- The music is nice and relaxing, changing is certain areas and seasons. The only bad thing about the music is that by the time you get halfway through a season it gets tiresome and boring.

Story-10/10- This game has a great story because you control it all. You determine what you do, when you do it, and how you do it. You decide who you want to marry, where you spend your time and if you want to watch others find their love. The basic story is that you go on a boat to move a new island to start a fresh life, unfortunately your ship sinks and you end up on an island. You decide to take over the farm.

Replayability-9/10- There is so much to do, but you can't do it all on one file. From wooing different marriage candidates to beginning with a different method, you have to use the second file to "100%" the game. You have two files to use but it may have been better to have more.

Overall-9.6- A great game to add to any collection. If you are interested at all then buy it. It would be hard to rent the game because of all the things to do. I am very happy to own this game and think of it as one of the best games that I have ever played. I recommend this to anyone who owns a DS
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 26, 2009 10:03 AM BST

The Lover's Guide - Fun in Bed Game
The Lover's Guide - Fun in Bed Game
Offered by Night Vixen Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Why is this in the 12-16 years age group?, 27 Feb. 2008
urm.... and listed as a toy?

Anyway...

Me and my girlfriend were going through a rocky patch in the bedroom and this little baby sorted us right out!!

I never knew how far she could explore with her tounge before!! BUY IT NOW!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 21, 2008 11:49 PM BST

Endless Ocean (Wii)
Endless Ocean (Wii)

5.0 out of 5 stars An amzing game for under 20 quid? Seem's fishy..., 14 Nov. 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Endless Ocean (Wii) (Video Game)
Introduction
I had been tracking this game for a while now every since I read about it in the Official Nintendo Magazine. I went out a promptly picked up the copy I had reserved. I knew it was going to be good but I wasn't expecting this much for £20

Story: 9/10
Basically you're a (customable) scuba diver with a boat. You travel around a mystical sea exploring the coral reefs and murky depths you encounter. There you will encounter over 200 different species, some easily found others you will have to be in the right place at the right time in order to find. Also you can train your `pet' dolphin and occasionally you will receive `missions'. There is no pressure to complete them but you can if you want. You can also create a custom aquarium from all the creatures you've seen and swim alongside them. The main aim of it though is to make you slow yourself down, relax and just enjoy the simplicity and gorgeous graphics.

Gameplay: 10/10
Easy to get into and something that you won't need to strain yourself in order to do. Simply point and hold B and the diver swims, a 3 year old, or even your techno-phobic grandparents could play it, and enjoy the atmosphere

Graphics: 10/10
One of the best looking games out on the Wii at the moment. The water is great and the wildlife look almost real. Overall simply gorgeous graphics

Music: 10/10
A breakthrough in music for gaming not only is the it appropriate for the surroundings it is also tranquil, relaxing and they are real songs by famous artists. However if their not your taste no worries create a playlist and put it on a SD card and, yes like Excite Truck, you can listen to the songs whilst playing instead.

Wi-Fi: ??/10
Similar to Animal Crossing you basically can swim around together and send messages. I suppose you could make up some games like hide `n' seek. I cannot truly comment on the WiFi as I have not been online yet due to the fact I couldn't find anyone to go online with

Play Time/Replayability 10/10
This is where it all comes in. This is the Wii's answer to Animal Crossing (at least at the moment) a game that has no real objective. Because of this it is a game that can be played for hours without you getting bored and you don't have to do the same thing over and over. Bored of identifying wildlife, train your `pet', bored of that examine a sunken galley. There are so many things to do.

Final: 10/10
This is such an awesome game that just about anyone will like. This game is so in depth, yet so simple that just about anybody can play it. Casual players can just can play just 10 minutes a day and still feel satisfied whilst hardcore will spend days trying to hunt down the trickiest species. This is one of those games that you could be playing right until the next generation or at least until next year. The age range on this game is everywhere from 3-year-olds to OAPs as absolutely anyone can play due to easy controls, superb graphics and its relaxing atmosphere.

Buy Yes/No: YES!
If you have a Wii get out their and buy it now. This is one of those games that you can kill hours on and that will relax even the most stressed person (believe me)

Wonderful Electric - Live In London [DVD] [2004]
Wonderful Electric - Live In London [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Goldfrapp
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime, 28 Feb. 2007
[...]Seriously though, if you are a fan of Black Cherry and/or Felt Mountain (or even Goldfrapps latest offerings on Supernature) you will surely love this DVD.

A good handful of the tracks are previously unreleased and make the DVD worth the money just for that, but when you take into account that it's a double disk affair then how can you say no!? :)

From the idyllic tranquility of utopia and lovely head, to the rock chic stomping that can only be found with train and strict machine when performed live, this is by far the best live act I have seen in recent years.
[...]

Wendy Every Witch Way
Wendy Every Witch Way

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 21 Dec. 2006
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Wendy Every Witch Way (Video Game)
I found this game in a bus stop, and it must've been some kind of magical miracle as it is truly FANTASTIC!!!

Full of moments that will have you screaming out "YEAH!" and "YIPPEE!!!" until the cows come home!!!

This game revolutionised the gaming industry, with it's quick wit and snazzy character design! (The creators really didn't seem to care whose feet they stood on!!!)

I can only say "buy this while you can", as I am sure this will be a rare find in the near future!!!

Oh, and for fact fans it is beleived that a sequel is on the way entitled : "Wendy Cookeing All Which Way"
Comment Comment | Permalink